IGNORED

Brooker injured again.

Maesknoll Red

• Admin
To be fair, he took a bit of a pounding on saturday and has the marks that prove it according to Johnson. He's not yet 100% so those hits are going to hurt more than usual. He's worth waiting for is he not ?

Is he? How long do you wait?

Is it possible to build a strikeforce around a player who has played 18 games and scored 3 goals this seasn?

To those who think my suggestion is rubbish, remember that GJ has been ruthless in the past and should Brooker continue to not give give value for money, he may well be again.

I'm not supporting or disagreeing with the idea at the moment, just posting a scenario for discussion.

Is it possible to build a strikeforce around a player who has played 18 games and scored 3 goals this seasn?

To those who think my suggestion is rubbish, remember that GJ has been ruthless in the past and should Brooker continue to not give give value for money, he may well be again.

I'm not supporting or disagreeing with the idea at the moment, just posting a scenario for discussion.

Agreed MR - the guy is a great player but only if he plays !

A mate of mine who supports PV said when we signed him that we had got a really good deal if he stayed fit, then had a good laugh.

I start to know where he was coming from.

As you say played 18 scored 3 and this is our top striker ??????????????????????????

Don't remember you saying that last season.

Short memories some people.

Sod it, he's shot, let's get rid now.

It was Murray a few weeks ago.....

???????????????????????????????????????????????

Never mentioned him last season.

Not fit equals not available equals not good enough due to fitness not ability.

Great player and a great guy ( IMO ) but injury prone in spades I fear.

Its hardly Brookers fault that got that horrible injury at Port Vale is it?? I think Johnson sees more sense, and wont get rid of him for that reason.

Sorry but it was a clumsy challenge by Brooker who went in high on Sodje injuring both himself and Sodje.

I'll make no bones about it I think Brooker is the business.Yes he has had an unfortunate season injury wise, but he scares the c*ap out of defenders at this level, and has made a difference recently along with a rejuvenated Cole Skuse. I can't see GJ shipping him out.He is still our best striker.

The main problem with Brooks and his injuries is the fact he needs 3 or 4 games to get his sharpness back after a lay off. Agreed he is a fantastic goal getter WHEN fit and this season has been a bad one for him. The sooner he does get himself right and away from the physio room the better.

Agreed he is a fantastic goal getter

Bit of an exaggeration there surely. :dunno:

He's good enough at this level where his brawny contribution is effective but he misses far too many chances to earn that description.

Hope he's fit though, we really need him on Saturday.

• Admin
I may be imagining this, but I think I remember that the club were trying to avoid surgery for SB and hoping that proper rest would cure his problem. Looks like the knife it is then!

There was a strong rumour that he needed surgery, but it didn't seem to be fuelled by any other than the initial speculation.

The injury problems look like ruling him out of retaining his player of the year title and he's going to struggle to catch Jevons and Showunmi (although if he does, he may well retain the crown).

Bit of an exaggeration there surely. :dunno:

He's good enough at this level where his brawny contribution is effective but he misses far too many chances to earn that description.

Hope he's fit though, we really need him on Saturday.

His record previous to this season for us is 32 league goals in 67 starts ( very nearly a goal every 2 games ) which in my eyes makes him a fantastic goal getter.

agreed, can't rely on the bloke, how can you possibly build a promotion side around a guy with his record, need more options

To be fair, he took a bit of a pounding on saturday and has the marks that prove it according to Johnson. He's not yet 100% so those hits are going to hurt more than usual. He's worth waiting for is he not ?

But the hits he took was in the shin, wasn't it? He's out because of a dodgy hamstring... Story of his season, he can't seem to string together 4 games without being injured. Sometimes 1 or 2.

His record previous to this season for us is 32 league goals in 67 starts ( very nearly a goal every 2 games ) which in my eyes makes him a fantastic goal getter.

Plus 3 in 18 this season according to Red to the World above.

Which would add up to 35 in 85 which is nearer to 1 goal in every two and a half games.

That means Brooker plays for five halves on average for each goal he scores. :whistle2:

He barely scrapes into the top scorers list for the division at his best and though he may have other attributes, with the amount of chances created and squandered, he is far from a fantastic goal getter.

Bob Taylor was a fantastic goal getter until his injury, as was Leroy for a season. Brooker is better than average for this division, but fantastic he is not.

Brooker is better than average for this division, but fantastic he is not.

Well its all subjective. Luckily, because IMO you're talking out your anus, or possibly through someone elses.

There are plenty of 'good' strikers like Jon Stead who are nowhere near as good as Brooker.

Well its all subjective. Luckily, because IMO you're talking out your anus, or possibly through someone elses.

There are plenty of 'good' strikers like Jon Stead who are nowhere near as good as Brooker.

I use the evidence of my own eyes which the statistics seem to back up.

I haven't said Brooker's not a good third division striker but his goal rate confirms he is nothing more than that.

Persuade me Brooker is a fantastic goal getter then, and feel free to use whichever orifice comes most naturally to you. :whistle2::disapointed2se:

Archived