IGNORED

BS10 RED

What is all this about we get Boro in the fa cup and 19,000 city fans wanna go we play Brighton in the cup we got more chance of winning and only a thew of us bother turning up.Where were you all tonight?

I know people had to work,no money etc.... but come on surely we could of done better than that.

We should be making the most of it, as this is going to be our last season playing in it for many a years hopfully! :pray:

EDIT: Also i'll start this now, if... What am I on about "if"! When we get to the final no doubt people will start saying again oh look where this extra 40,000 fans have come from? (although this is only my first game of the JPT) :rolleyes:

Something to do with the fact that the JPT isn't very interesting at all and the F.A.Cup is the most famous, avidly followed historic Cup competition in domestic world football? :dunno:

Ok inst very intresting but I'm sure if we get to the final in cardiff all of sudden people will be saying its a great competion and one we should be trying to win when ever we can.

Ok inst very intresting but I'm sure if we get to the final in cardiff all of sudden people will be saying its a great competion and one we should be trying to win when ever we can.

Nope, they'll be saying it's a nice day out for the kids just like they were last time and they'll go if we get there but they won't give a toss if we don't.

If the league attendances dropped then I'd be worried, but criticising people for not going to a JPT game the week before the first payday in 6 weeks in freezing weather is very silly indeed.

It's a piece of shit competition that is only barely worth it if you get to the final and it should be scrapped, the only reason there were that many people tonight is our excellent recent form and the prospect of Rovers. Noone will ever think it worthwhile.

We played very well tonight and with the exception of their keeper Brighton didn't turn up, it could have been five or six but for three or four excellent saves he pulled off. Murray earned MoM and everyone worked extremely hard.

I won't, even though a Spring day in Cardiff will be much more tempting than a freezing January night against Brighton.

I've seen most of the home games in this Cups' various forms and all the finals since '86.

Can't stand the competition now, damn nuisance and the extra fixtures could destroy our season.

Before anyone mentions a potential match against Rovers - since when have we needed a fixture against those clogging dullards to make our season exciting? :dunno:

Nope, they'll be saying it's a nice day out for the kids just like they were last time and they'll go if we get there but they won't give a toss if we don't.

If the league attendances dropped then I'd be worried, but criticising people for not going to a JPT game the week before the first payday in 6 weeks in freezing weather is very silly indeed.

It's a piece of shit competition that is only barely worth it if you get to the final and it should be scrapped, the only reason there were that many people tonight is our excellent recent form and the prospect of Rovers. Noone will ever think it worthwhile.

We played very well tonight and with the exception of their keeper Brighton didn't turn up, it could have been five or six but for three or four excellent saves he pulled off. Murray earned MoM and everyone worked extremely hard.

I must admit i'm more up for this comp than the fa cup, most likely because we might play the sags and we have a better chance of winning it.

Middlesbourgh doesn't really float my boat ( i will be there of course ).

maybe if we get man u or chelski in the next round i may become more interested.

League first then jpt for me.

I must admit i'm more up for this comp than the fa cup, most likely because we might play the sags and we have a better chance of winning it.

Middlesbourgh doesn't really float my boat ( i will be there of course ).

maybe if we get man u or chelski in the next round i may become more interested.

League first then jpt for me.

The problem with the FA cup is that we know we're not going to win it, the best hope is to knock a few big teams out, earn some money before losing to the eventual winners in the quarters or semis. However the FA cup has magic - the awful away draw at some non league cloggers pub pitch or the trip to Anfield, the tradition, the worldwide prestige in it.

The JPT is winnable and it will be nice to smash Rovers on the way and send their confidence spiralling so they drop out of the playoffs, but realistically it is a junk tournament that stuffs up the calendar and interferes with the important business of being promoted.

I might go grudgingly - all that face paint/hooters/15-20,000 folk out of Bristol's woodwork, a very empty feeling even in victory, £30+ match tickets - doesn't particularly excite me, give me Oldham away in the League over that any day of the week! (apart from Thursdays - can't make Thursdays)

btw, didn't go tonight, skint, sore throat, friggin' freezing, forsaw a poor attendance/atmosphere (mind you I forsaw that for Cov at Home - D'OH!!) and Tranmere, Cov, Oldham and Boro' Saturday plus the associated expenditures have/will already cost me more that what I can really afford (as a responsible adult :farmer: ).

It's been an expensive week what with Cov away and paying for the Boro game which is why I wasn't there, good to hear that Andrews scored again, am I right in thinking that he wont be able to play on Sat? Would be a shame if that's the case 'cause I can't wait to see him in action!

It's been an expensive week what with Cov away and paying for the Boro game which is why I wasn't there, good to hear that Andrews scored again, am I right in thinking that he wont be able to play on Sat? Would be a shame if that's the case 'cause I can't wait to see him in action!

Won't be playing mate, as he came on in the FA cup for Coventry against us!!

I have to say i'm with Nibor, Nogbad, etc on this one. I'm a season ticket holder, am loving the season so far yet had no desire to go to the game last night. If we play Rovers next round then i'll go but i'm more excited about that one than a trip to Cardiff for the final. Been there, won it, got the hooter!

I see all these extra games as a distraction and a chance to pick up more injuries.

Where were you all tonight?

Yup, I was working. I'm working this weekend but my boss has kindly offered to cover so I can go to the Boro game. I thought I better not push my luck with the Brighton game as he's wasn't impressed with covering for the Boro game!!

MM

I used to go to all of the JPT games. It used to be good to see the fringe / youth players have a go. If Artus, Plummer, Noble, wilson (J), Weale etc were playing last night then i would have gone, but the competition now states that you have got to field something like 60% of your normal starting 11 which is daft.

I was there as usual but bloody hell it was cold, don't blame people for staying away last night, the JPT is an absolute mickey mouse cup and doesn't mean anything till the final stages and thats only because of the money boost not for the reputation of winning it. The competition should be scraped it is very very poor.

Well at least it was a comforatable win and sets up the chance of a bristol derby!!!! bring on the Gas Heads!!

:englandsmile4wf:

Don't overlook the cost involved mate!

The vast majority of us probably don't get paid until next week (i myself got paid today) which means that funds obviously get a little stretched and that i had to make a decision about buying my ticket for boro (pre pay day) or go to the Brighton game. I chose Boro.

What is all this about we get Boro in the fa cup and 19,000 city fans wanna go we play Brighton in the cup we got more chance of winning and only a thew of us bother turning up.Where were you all tonight?

I know people had to work,no money etc.... but come on surely we could of done better than that.

Around 6000 was what I expected to be honest, JPT against Brighton on a bitterly cold Tuesday night not really the most attractive prospect was it!

I certainly didnt fancy a 2 hour round trip just to sit in the cold and watch what sounds like a one sided match.

went last nite,took the kids because of the price they love going but cant usually afford to take myself and them,plus food drink transport and everything else it gets quite pricey and its been an expensive month so far,i will go down the gate if we get the gas,but probably wont go to cardiff ive been to them all for this competition,,,,,,,,,,,,city 3 bolton 0, etc , and its lost its appeal to me now,,saying that though,i would have gone had it been wembley ,ive been keeping my eye on wembleys website and i can tell you it looks pretty awesome. :englandsmile4wf:

Hold my hand up here as to not going last night.

Working late and living in London ruled me out basically.

I'll be there v Boro on saturday but having been one of the 349 at York in the first round and having gone to places like Oldham, Tranmere, Bournemouth etc hopefully can be excluded from the glory hunting tag.

In fact, that day at York's KitKat Crescent is probably the furthest from glory hunting I can think of.

Archived