IGNORED

Enjoy the moment

Markman

ok - so there may or may not be merit in the pre-match announcer - some (like me) would prefer it to be a little more subtle and others think it is fine.

BUT NOT WHEN WE SCORE A GOAL - GIVE THE CROWD TEN SECONDS PLEASE

Just enjoyed watching the goals on the TV and within a millisecond of ball hitting net you just start to hear the crowd and then one lone voice bellows over the tannoy and drowns out the crowd - the same on the radio coverage.

A goal is a moment for the crowd to share not to have that moment monopolised - scream the goalscorers name etc if you must but do it just before the re-start not the second it goes in - give the crowd a few seconds to enjoy the moment before they get drowned out?

ok - so there may or may not be merit in the pre-match announcer - some (like me) would prefer it to be a little more subtle and others think it is fine.

Just enjoyed watching the goals on the TV and within a millisecond of ball hitting net you just start to hear the crowd and then one lone voice bellows over the tannoy and drowns out the crowd - the same on the radio coverage.

A goal is a moment for the crowd to share not to have that moment monopolised - scream the goalscorers name etc if you must but do it just before the re-start not the second it goes in - give the crowd a few seconds to enjoy the moment before they get drowned out?

I was just about to post the same thing, Markman. Speaking as a Yeovil fan, I would die if I heard that at Huish Park. The guy is so embarrassing its cringeworthy. Its just copying the "Gol / Goal / Golazo" cries of other commentators....

Before anyone has a go at me, we play music straight after a goal and thats almost as bad. When we won the Conference in 2002, the DVD has so many "Glad All Over"'s on it, it drives you mad.

Bloke with a big ego, methinks. The Rovers have it better than you, just about the only thing they do though....

I bet he's got his very own Foam Hands too...... :disapointed2se:

When i went to darlo two weeks ago, when they scored either the guy in the media place wasnt expecting it, or they do it deliberatly but waited for a bit to here whatever the song was they play when scored. But as only about 3000 home fans and up in the away end, not much crowd noise when they scored.

• Admin

Last was night was really embarresing the guy was trying to be like a Brazilian commentator saying gggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllll for absolutely ages.

There really is NO need for this ! - does he think people are looking to him to entertain ?!??!

Last was night was really embarresing the guy was trying to be like a Brazilian commentator saying gggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllll for absolutely ages.

There really is NO need for this ! - does he think people are looking to him to entertain ?!??!

God help us if he does it again on Saturday....

Bearing in mind, we are 'live' on Radio 5, Radio Bristol/Somerset, Radio Cleveland......and on MOTD.

(and I'm not even going to mention the foam hands :whistle2: )

They also bellow out that awful "Amarillo" song as well which is so out of date now, and to me sounds completley unprofessional and embarrasing

It would be good to have some music after a goal but can't they put some thought into it. Anyone got any ideas to put foward for this like?

Just let the crowd celebrate.

The only anouncement should be the name of the Goalscorer....and maybe the timing of the goal.

That's enough.

He even manages to get on my nerves doing this!!!

Rather than say " the first goal scored by number 15 Enoch Showumni" and let all the fans cheer, like we have done for years, its " the first goal scored by number 15 Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenoch Shoooooooooooooooooowumni" by the time he's finished, the moment is gone!

You're right the bloke's an embarassment!

"Coooooome on yoooooooou reeeeeeeds" before the game too. Embarrasing.

Can't believe it's taken this long for the Forum to cotton on. The Bloke is a ####!

I think SL must have nabbed him from a weekend at Butlins. Proper Red Coat.

Remember the Old Boy? He was brilliant. Would have a little chat before the match and at half-time. He was a proper fan too, he announced the goal-scorers way after the goal because he would be going Bananas himself. If he's not pushing up daisies, bring him back. What was his name?

Can't believe it's taken this long for the Forum to cotton on. The Bloke is a ####!

I think SL must have nabbed him from a weekend at Butlins. Proper Red Coat.

Remember the Old Boy? He was brilliant. Would have a little chat before the match and at half-time. He was a proper fan too, he announced the goal-scorers way after the goal because he would be going Bananas himself. If he's not pushing up daisies, bring him back. What was his name?

Keith Valle? :innocent06:

Keith Valle? :innocent06:

I know he was at the Gas for a while.....I think he caused a problem or two, maybe someone here remembers what he did.

I found this about the man....and I quote.....

They have a deranged MC there by the name of Keith Valle, who comes out before the game and at half-time to whip up the "gasheads" as Rovers fans are known. Well, at some point in the game, Flitcroft came on as substitute. Mr Valle announced the change of personnel... "And coming on for Manchester City, is Gary Flit, er Gary Flit, Gary FLIPFLOP" - wild cheers !

I know he was at the Gas for a while.....I think he caused a problem or two, maybe someone here remembers what he did.

I found this about the man....and I quote.....

They have a deranged MC there by the name of Keith Valle, who comes out before the game and at half-time to whip up the "gasheads" as Rovers fans are known. Well, at some point in the game, Flitcroft came on as substitute. Mr Valle announced the change of personnel... "And coming on for Manchester City, is Gary Flit, er Gary Flit, Gary FLIPFLOP" - wild cheers !

Bell end - although that anecdote is mildly amusing.

So, who at BCFC is responsible for hiring/firing this announcer and playing Amarillo. Just complaining amongst ourselves wont fix the nausea, so lets get to the source.......who?

Not sure, although I recall Scott Davidson bringing in the Yank-style "Entertainment". Remember the alleged coke-head HTV presenter? Sam something? The fans went crazy when she came on at Half-time and she was soon booted-out. Felt a bit sorry for her if I'm honest, but it does prove that the fans have the power.

It does amaze me how out of touch and amateurish some of these decisions are.

Guest MaloneFM

Sam Mason was not a cokehead. She was, and is, an alky. And she wore a tag as well.

All checkable facts before we get all worried about the lawyers.

And the quote about Junior Bent was something like 'number 8 Junior Bent lets hope he isn't' which got him the sack. And then reinstated.

As for what should be played. The Automatic. Monster. What's that coming over the hill is it Showumni...is it Showumni?

But thats a bit too obvious. Anything but James bloody Brown feelin' good.

Sam Mason was not a cokehead. She was, and is, an alky. And she wore a tag as well.

Sam Mason :rofl2br: that takes me back -

still let's hope for a little respect for this forum and a modicum of decorum on Saturday when we take the lead! (I was going to say when we murder 'em but that would be way to many um's and em's)

Keith Valle was last heard of a couple of years ago when the Evil Post reported he'd been arrested for alleged cocaine dealing! I never heard the outcome of that one though.

Meanwhile 'bubbly' Sam can sometimes be spotted in a certain Clifton establishment getting, er, 'bubbly'....

As for the 'Come on you reds' thing at the start, I agree that's just embarrassing and there's no need for it. But I can honestly say I've rarely noticed the playing of music or the announcer after a goal, as I'm always shouting too darn loud myself. Maybe it was me you heard shouting "SHOWWWWWUUUUMMMMNNNNIIIIIII" on Tuesday? :blush:

Guest MaloneFM
We've got it brilliant. Twentyish seconds of crowd noise then Nick Day just tells us the Goal Scorer.

Surely 10 seconds of silence broken by coughing, the occasional sniff, the traffic going up Muller road and some polite applause young gashead?

And don't call me Shirley etc.

All checkable facts before we get all worried about the lawyers.

And the quote about Junior Bent was something like 'number 8 Junior Bent lets hope he isn't' which got him the sack. And then reinstated.

As for what should be played. The Automatic. Monster. What's that coming over the hill is it Showumni...is it Showumni?

But thats a bit too obvious. Anything but James bloody Brown feelin' good.

Malone has it in one. The poor cow. Looks as though sympathy on the forum was in short supply, even back then.... http://www.otib.co.uk/lofiversion/index.php?t25404.html

Anybody know what happened to her? Did she battle the bottle successfully?

If the goal announcer is the same bloke as the chap who does the half time / pre-match announcements, competitions, i can assure he is one the most die-hard city fans you'll ever meet!!!!

The whole goal announcement thing may need to be looked at, fair point!!

But he is one of the most nicest people i've ever had the privilege of meeting and after working tirelessly in local schools as one of the best teachers ever (he helped me at a rough time in my life), he then shunned offers to move up the teaching scale (deputy head, head etc) to work with Bristol City in helping under priviledged kids in South Bristol get on with their education.

Any talk of him being a ####, is unbelieveable as none of you have even met him.

If anyone wants to contest that point, then i shall be in the Try Again from 12 onwards and would gladly discuss it with you.

If the goal announcer is the same bloke as the chap who does the half time / pre-match announcements, competitions, i can assure he is one the most die-hard city fans you'll ever meet!!!!

The whole goal announcement thing may need to be looked at, fair point!!

But he is one of the most nicest people i've ever had the privilege of meeting and after working tirelessly in local schools as one of the best teachers ever (he helped me at a rough time in my life), he then shunned offers to move up the teaching scale (deputy head, head etc) to work with Bristol City in helping under priviledged kids in South Bristol get on with their education.

Any talk of him being a ####, is unbelieveable as none of you have even met him.

If anyone wants to contest that point, then i shall be in the Try Again from 12 onwards and would gladly discuss it with you.

Calm down! I suspect everyone on here is a die hard City Fan - the point about the goal annoucements is fair game - if it were my Mother doing this (and she is nice, and kind and helps people) I would still say the bellowing of "Goal" was ridiculous and needs to be stopped - why so punchy?

That aside - I don't think you will find the half time guy is the same one - the half time guy is several decibels quieter and so your concern may be misplaced

Archived