IGNORED

Hulbert Scored

bcfc seattle

.... and a well-taken goal it was too !

Just got back from the 'Shropshire Derby' between Telford and Shrewsbury (2-1 to Telford if youre interested)

Hulbert (who is Telfords captain by the way) played a typically uncompromising game. At one point he flattened one player to get the ball, it fell to another Shrewsbury player, so he got up and then flattened him too ! (one of them being colin cramb !)

His goal came when a Telford shot hit the bar. He was the only one to react to the situation and side-footed the goal past ex-gashead Scott Howie.

He came off at half-time unfortunately. He'd had a nasty injury at the weekend I'm told.

Telford fans rate Hulbert as one of their best players (and they've got some pretty good ones)

One question though, did we ever have a fan for Hulbert ? the Telford fans seem to be struggling to come up with a song for him, but I think they need one after tonights display.

Colin Cramb had a really good start to the season and was their top scorer (I've not checked, but he might STILL be Shrewsburys top-scorer), but recently he's not been playing very well. (although he's still a regular starter)

The problem I'm told (and I've not seen all that many Shrewsbury games this season) is that he drifts in and out of games too much and doesnt put enough effort in. Sadly for Cramby, hes also got Dwayne Darby and a promising young striker called Jody Banim breathing down his neck now. He seems to play better when he's paired with Luke Rodgers (a short, hard-working fast striker). But too often hes asked to play alongside Darby, who appears to be a similar sort of player.

strange that,he always put bags of effort in for us.am i right in thinking he even has a city tatoo?
Maybe its old age catching up with him. Maybe he doesnt like playing at this level. Or maybe hes upset that the manager has gone out and bought two new strikers.

As for the tattoo, I really havent been watching him THAT closely !

ha ha!! i think i read somewhere it was on his arm,i could be talking complete ######e here though so apologies colin if its not true?? how old is he now then?does he still like a pint? he always used to be in the pub after a game,thats how i first met him and he was a really sound bloke,happy to chat to fans and do autographs,unlike most footballers these days

Guest N1 Jim

I was up at Telford on Saturday(at the inlaws) so went to Telford V Halifax. Wasn't the greatest game but Hulbert was probably man of the match. Got a head wound and was running round with a blood stained bandage(ala Terry Butcher) which is always good for yr popularity.

Cramb was always class. Just a shame about his fitness.

There isn't a great deal of difference in the top of the Conference(professional set ups) and some of the teams in our division.

Saw Beadle at Barnet a couple of times earlier this season. He was poo there too.

Archived