IGNORED

East End

Jamie

I was sat in the East End and must say what a cracking game, and all credit to everyone in the EE, I was sat a couple of seats in from where the police were standing and there was singing, banter but best of all no trouble! Think we done no hard today showing we can be allowed in the EE! (Unless of course there was trouble but nothing that I noticed)

no trouble, however also........no noise

don't know where you were sat but there was noise at the start, (Quite obv when Boro' were winning) and second half was plenty of singing, however saying that it didnt help when there was loads of (no offence) OAP's sat around! Overall I thought it was a gd nosie level especilly in the second half.

I thought it was quiet from the EE but in saying that I think it wasn't full of people who would watch City every week and constantly sing. Actually that doesn't make much sense but I know what I mean. Basically I don't think it is fair to judge the EE on today;;s game

i was sat in the east end i fought the noise was good in the second half, i was sat a few seats from the boro fan's. good match though :city:
Couldnt hear the East End from the Williams, but given the type of day tripper in there making up the majority, it's no suprise.

Ye think you had to be nearer the Boro' fans to be in most of the noise becuase of the other sorts of "fans" sat in there :shutup: Sorry we couldn't help improve the overall noise of AG.

I was sat in the East End and must say what a cracking game, and all credit to everyone in the EE, I was sat a couple of seats in from where the police were standing and there was singing, banter but best of all no trouble! Think we done no hard today showing we can be allowed in the EE! (Unless of course there was trouble but nothing that I noticed)

Sorry mate but I have to disagree. The boro fans' out sung us pre match and during the first 45 mins. It was an embarrassment tbh. Many tried there hardest to get it going like me but 75% of the people wasn't interested until we scored.

Fair play to those that did.

Sorry mate but I have to disagree. The boro fans' out sung us pre match and during the first 45 mins. It was an embarrassment tbh. Many tried there hardest to get it going like me but 75% of the people wasn't interested until we scored.

But don't you sit with them mugs and their drums? If so how would you know?

The EE was full of bloody kids from what I saw..

Most made little attempt to make any noise.

Dissapointing after Coventry away fans filled it and could be heard from the top of Park Street..

Decent atmosphere everywhere else.

Unfourtunately I was sat next to one of the #######s who came because of Borough..

Didnt speak/sing/clap throughout the entire match...#######.

I have to say fair play to all 4 corners of the ground, after the first goal went in we made a bigger noise than boro did! I think the players needed that to stop their heads going down, ok they conceded a second but we out played them. I think it's fair to say at times today the fans were the 12th man.

However, we HAVE to get rid of that #### announcer. The most embarresing moment of today? Boro fans: "You only sing when you're told to" and that was so true after the 2nd goal went in until half time.

However, we HAVE to get rid of that #### announcer. The most embarresing moment of today? Boro fans: "You only sing when you're told to" and that was so true after the 2nd goal went in until half time.

Agree, the announcer has to be shot or told to shut up, poeple said the foam hands would make us look silly (I think they were good) but the announcer before the game was an embarrassment! "East End are you ready..." "Dolmand are you ready..." ect. I think we were already just wanted you to shut up! :ranting:

Agree, the announcer has to be shot or told to shut up, poeple said the foam hands would make us look silly (I think they were good) but the announcer before the game was an embarrassment! "East End are you ready..." "Dolmand are you ready..." ect. I think we were already just wanted you to shut up! :ranting:

I ndon't find the announcer as irritating as that damn amarillo music. Get rid of it!

I actually felt the Ayteo was very good today as were the three main stands, could not hear the East End but that was to be expected as only the ones sat next to the away fans seemed to try?

'Boro were quiet I felt and I thought we got behind the players superbly when it would have been easier to just give up and I think that showed in the second half.

I am not a fan of the drummers but do sit around that area (Not that close mind) but I thought everyone did a good job today.

One thing I will comment on a "daytripper" I think as he kept calling Enoch "Bas" taking the piss and when Downing came over to take a corner he started shouting "He's got Down-syndrome" and Said it for the second corner.

First of all the joke was shocking really bad and I am pretty liberal when it comes to most jokes especially if they are good! However the bloke who sits behind me was quite offended (I think his mate has a daughter with learning difficulties) and I think he said something. I come from a family that care for disabled children and to be honest I was quite upset by this rather poor attempt at "humor" so when he did it the second time I flashed him a evil look and he caught my eyes and probably a few around me to and did not make any stupid comments after that.

But anyway that is way off the point to be honest a great effort by us and the boys, we are going places and "believe"

My mate had some geezer in his 50's come up to him before the game and ask him which stand was the Dolman. My mate told him and then asked him thy he had never been before. The bloke replied that he had only come to watch a Premier team - not City. Sad tw4t.

As for atmosphere I thought the main 3 stands were excellent and proved once and for all that we don't really need the East End.

My mate had some geezer in his 50's come up to him before the game and ask him which stand was the Dolman. My mate told him and then asked him thy he had never been before. The bloke replied that he had only come to watch a Premier team - not City. Sad tw4t.

As for atmosphere I thought the main 3 stands were excellent and proved once and for all that we don't really need the East End.

yes the noise from the main three stands were excellent especially during the first half and more specifically after the second boro goal.

A real wall of sound.

just like when we played bournemouth.

What would we do without hardcore fans like you tunafish?

I have to say fair play to all 4 corners of the ground, after the first goal went in we made a bigger noise than boro did! I think the players needed that to stop their heads going down, ok they conceded a second but we out played them. I think it's fair to say at times today the fans were the 12th man.

to be fair to the announcer... i think this may be johnson's influence. They do exactly the same thing at huish park

I think you got that bang on.

AG is an odd one.

Totally agree, i was sat in the east end, and did not hear the atyeo untill the second goal went in. I thought the atmoshpere in the east end was pretty good, and fairly loud(only one to be heard on motd)....the 'two nil up and you farked it up' springs to mind, as does some of the usual songs that went pretty well. In all honesty with the miss match of fans in the EE i thought it was a real good atmosphere, if you stick a load of regulars in thier who want to sing, then i really think the east end could be that extra man that we need as the games come thick and fast.And was it any trouble to man? didnt look like it. SL stop making excuses and get it open.

As for the noise in general it really must depend on where you are, because i couldnt really hear the other stands, or songs at all, only boro's, and of course I'm not saying for a second that anyone is lying, it must just be the ground...lets just hope the players on the pitch can hear all sides, it appears they did yesterday.

I thought it was quiet from the EE but in saying that I think it wasn't full of people who would watch City every week and constantly sing. Actually that doesn't make much sense but I know what I mean. Basically I don't think it is fair to judge the EE on today;;s game

I also thought it was quiet, and a few people in the Williams also made similar comments at thye game, and after all these people going on about opening the east end for the last how many months! very dissappointing, perhaps now they will give this open the east end a break, and move on to other things,

I also thought it was quiet, and a few people in the Williams also made similar comments at thye game, and after all these people going on about opening the east end for the last how many months! very disappointing, perhaps now they will give this open the east end a break, and move on to other things,

you miss the point that many who wanted to go in the east end had previously bought tickets for other parts of the ground and were thus unable to go in the east end.

I wouldnt judge the east end on yesterday's performance.

wait till it's open and we play against a more mundane opponant and then compare it to games like bournemouth when ashton gate was a library.

you miss the point that many who wanted to go in the east end had previously bought tickets for other parts of the ground and were thus unable to go in the east end.

I wouldnt judge the east end on yesterday's performance.

wait till it's open and we play against a more mundane opponant and then compare it to games like bournemouth when ashton gate was a library.

Exactly right.

Due to the late decision to open it, most people had already got tickets, and people with season tickets would also have already claimed their seat in other parts of the ground. I know a few people managed to swap to the EE but I would imagine that yesterday there would have been very few people in there who would normally choose to sit there.

The ideal solution would be to keep it open till the end of this season as a trial, and see if there is a noticeable difference in atmosphere. This would also give them enough time to judge on potential trouble, and how it could be prevented.

no trouble, however also........no noise

it was not easy to make noise being 2-0 down at the time :Believe:

The come back kings do it again! magic stuff, keep it up city becuse boro are good but beatable

and as for trouble in the eastend nope, nothing and i was right next to the police, only thing that

went on was a bit of banter when the goals went in, funny thing was that the police had their

backs to boro not looking at what they were doing.

funny thing was that the police had their backs to boro not looking at what they were doing.

Ye I was thinking about that, as said above I couldn't hear any of the other stands but as long as the players could I supose thats all that matters. Hopfully there will now be a chance to open the EE for league games where at the moment seems we need the noise, and with regular people who would want to sit in there could be the "12 man"!

Archived