IGNORED

How to get 15000 + vs Cheltenham ?

headhunter

Quite simple really.

If we get the prospect a home draw in Round 5 then issue the first 7,000 [*] through the turnstile on Wednesday[VS. Cheltenham] who are pay on the day [i.e. the floaters] with a VOUCHER that will entitle them to a ticket for a the 5th Round tie if it were to happen. Could say it's for a possible 5th Round match or vs Rovers [if they beat Shrewsbury of course] in the JPT Area Final.

Has this been done before ? Yes, Feb 1974 in anticipation of the FA CUP 6th Round home to Liverpool. 25000 at Ashton Gate for a meaningless [we were lower mid table in old D2] fixture vs. Oxford. Has it been done since ?

Seems to make sense - anyone agree or disagree ?

* 8000 s/ticket + 7000 vouchers + 4500 away allocation = CAPACITY

but think the idea has merit and would help both financially and in terms of ensuring a great atmosphere for another crucial game- it also has the merit that those who would attend anyway will be better placed to get the ticket they deserve.

True, but, why not use the vouchers from yesterday as well?

For a very good reason, I cannot make Wednesday, yet, I have been to quite a few games this season and have already committed to buying a season ticket again next year, whatever the league, as I have missed not going to every game as I did beofre this season.

Under this system above, I might miss out to somebody potentially taking a risk that City will get passed Boro.

Don't get me wrong it is a good idea, but, not as good as the club giving say 2 days for S/T holders and City 2000 members and then 2 days for fans holding 10 or more ticket stubs from any games in the 2006/07 season surely?

In short, under this proposal, somebody with 1 ticket stub may get preferential treatment over people with lots.

I think Yeovil did something simular a couple seasons ago when they had Liverpool in the cup. you needed ticket stubs from the previous two games to get a cup ticket.

When we played Liverpool in the Cup, the club gave priority to season ticket holders saying that they could buy two each. At the time we had c3,000 STH's so up to 6,000 were at risk of being sold...

This left, after ruling out the 1,600 away tickets, around 1,800 home tickets which the club sold on this basis. You had to have NINE different ticket stubs FOR EVERY TICKET YOU WANTED. I wanted my missus and two kids to come so I had to collect 36 ticket stubs for them and then the joy of queuing for thirteen hours in the freezing cold to get them, BRRRRRRRR!!

That would seem to be the fairest way as by the looks of posts on here theres a lot of people not happy with how it went this time...

How little you must know.

I think you're being a bit confrontational with this comment.

Fact : There are 8000 season ticket holders and the last few games apart our average gate is 11000 which means that 3000 turn up on the day of which x% or impulse attendees [sunny day, wife has let them out] and y% who, perhaps like you, can't get there every game.

If you do go every game and elect to pay on the day don't you realise you pay less overall if you have a season ticket ?

As for letting season tickets have their own ticket plus one that would mean that I could give my spare ticket to someone who just wanted to come cos we were playing , say, Man Utd and then you could lose out big time.

I think you're being a bit confrontational with this comment.

Fact : There are 8000 season ticket holders and the last few games apart our average gate is 11000 which means that 3000 turn up on the day of which x% or impulse attendees [sunny day, wife has let them out] and y% who, perhaps like you, can't get there every game.

If you do go every game and elect to pay on the day don't you realise you pay less overall if you have a season ticket ?

As for letting season tickets have their own ticket plus one that would mean that I could give my spare ticket to someone who just wanted to come cos we were playing , say, Man Utd and then you could lose out big time.

It was a confrontational comment as I don't like the distasteful reference to being a floating fan. I'm a staunch fan who doesn't attend every game currently for a variety of reasons which I believe are totally valid.

I'm getting a season ticket next year though as i'm not prepared to miss out on many games and i'm certainly not prepared to miss out on at least 1 ticket to games.

I think non season ticket holders are being outpriced a bit. Whereas the membership scheme as of five or so years ago you got a discount you don't anymore. I know they do the odd offer but we still cant fill our stadium. People are going to pick and choose their matches because of the length of time we have spent in this division. It wont change much when we get promoted because ticket prices will rise again thus outpricing the non season ticket holder. Although this may encourage more people to purchase a season ticket. I paid for mine by direct debit to spread the costs. Its the only wasy A you can guarantee a ticket for cup games and B get value for money over the 23 matches.

I seem to remember us doing this sort of thing at home to Wolves years ago, Ian Brown (remember him)! scored the winner, vouchers were given out for the Liverpool cup game and it boosted the attendance to 15k, the previous home game was 8k at home to Boro!!

this is definatley a good idea for the upcoming fixtures to get more people in!

you reds!

How to get more fans in the ground on wednesday.... simple lower admission price

ureds

That would do it.

Many, many years ago, I did some Business course and it covered supply and demand graphs and the rest of it.

Do you think this happens at City?

It's plainly obvious than 10,000 fans at £18 average is less revenue than 15,000 at £14 average. Their must be a way to canvas fans and then get an optimum price that people, in general, will take advantage of and be prepared to pay for League I football.

More bums on seats, more income, more pies sold; it ain't firkin rocket science.

Paul Jewell was bemoaning the fact that he had a full gate at Wigan for the Chelski game but attendances had fallen badly since..... any complicated reason? no. Chelsea game £15 normal ticket £30 - £35

How many of us would pay 30-35 to see a game of football if that 30-35 was a significant sum even if you're a die hard?

Ok the big teams can charge what they like as they have massive over subscription.. but Wigan? Blackburn? City? :dunno:

I seem to remember us doing this sort of thing at home to Wolves years ago, Ian Brown (remember him)! scored the winner, vouchers were given out for the Liverpool cup game and it boosted the attendance to 15k, the previous home game was 8k at home to Boro!!

this is definatley a good idea for the upcoming fixtures to get more people in!

you reds!

I was just thinking of that. Remember it well, queueing for ages to get in to that Wolves game (was Quid a Kid as well), and then back at AG again on the Monday to get Liverpool tickets.

Seemed to work pretty well, and would be a sensible solution, as well as boosting the attendance for games where we'd get an average gate normally.

Charge £18 and get an attendance of 11000 = £198000

Charge £11 and if we could get an attendance of 18000 for a local derby against Cheltenham on a weeknight following a great Cup result = £198000

I know it isn't as straightforward as that and there are many variables to take into account but if the stadium can hold this many, why cant ticket prices be dropped every now and again to get the people to come in. Every other business drops prices from time to time to encourage new "customers". Why doesnt BCFC?

Just a quick note on cash flow and reduced prices...

8000ish ST's (?) + 2500 @ £18 = gate income of £45 000

How many more people than the average on the night payers needed if prices reduced to £14 (so as not to lose money)....

answer 45000/ 14 = 3214 - 2500 = 700!!!!

if reduced to a tenner....

45000/ 10 = 4500 - 2500 = 2000

That would still leave 5000 empty seats! Seems rediculous to me but what do i know?

ureds

Archived