IGNORED

Success breeds success

Loderingo

Can't help thinking that our good run of form must be helping us in the transfer market. This time last year Johnson was criticised for not bringing more players in during the window, but at the time we were struggling at the foot of league 1. I suppose not many decent players wanted to join a club, which could have been playing in league 2 this season. Our recovery to finish strongly must have surely helped us land the signatures of the likes of McCombe and Showumni over the summer.

In this window, we now have the opportunity to sign a better class of player as we are able to offer the carrot of a team going places with proven forward momentum and a great chance of playing in the Champ next term. Indeed, Andrews said that he only came to us after the way we had outplayed Coventry and we may well be able to sign him permenently as he doesn't want to stay with Coventry if they look like going down. After yesterday's performance, all GJ has to do with any other players lined up before the window shuts is to send them a copy of last night's MOTD to get them to sign on the dotted line.

I wonder what James Hayter is thinking at the moment. He had the chance to join the Johnson revolution but instead it looks like he'll be playing in Sagland next season. What a shame!

Can't help thinking that our good run of form must be helping us in the transfer market. This time last year Johnson was criticised for not bringing more players in during the window, but at the time we were struggling at the foot of league 1. I suppose not many decent players wanted to join a club, which could have been playing in league 2 this season. Our recovery to finish strongly must have surely helped us land the signatures of the likes of McCombe and Showumni over the summer.

In this window, we now have the opportunity to sign a better class of player as we are able to offer the carrot of a team going places with proven forward momentum and a great chance of playing in the Champ next term. Indeed, Andrews said that he only came to us after the way we had outplayed Coventry and we may well be able to sign him permenently as he doesn't want to stay with Coventry if they look like going down. After yesterday's performance, all GJ has to do with any other players lined up before the window shuts is to send them a copy of last night's MOTD to get them to sign on the dotted line.

I wonder what James Hayter is thinking at the moment. He had the chance to join the Johnson revolution but instead it looks like he'll be playing in Sagland next season. What a shame!

Good post.

The question is how far do the club and we the fans wan't to go?

Clearly we are lucky to have the Chairman we have, and it's better to build on solid foundations than go for a quick fix. There is a long way to go and many big games to play this season. But IF and it is IF we can continue our present form and add perhaps a striker by Wednesday, then we have a real chance this season. Yesterday was the best advert Bristol City has had for a long time. And players and agents would have taken notice, hopefully the club can use this exposure to their advantage. I can only imagine what Kevin Betsy must have thought at 5pm last night, with all due respect to Wycombe.

Archived