IGNORED

Steve Lansdown

Somerset Red

In yesterdays programme Steve apologised for the 'few' complaints (I think if he read this forum, a few would be putting it mildly!), he also stated that 'Combining the sale to season ticket holders together with the general sale was in hindsight a mistake and will not be made again'.

Thanks for recognising that Steve, unfortunately that was something your colleague Mr Sextone failed to do when talking on the Geoff Twentymans phone in. All he seemed concerned about was the speed in which you had cleared so many tickets! Unfortunately many went to those less deserving than others is the best way to put it.

Thanks to Steve for letting us know he is aware of the problems.

If I were Steve, I would have a good long talk with Mr Sextone, as his 'Customer Relations' with us, the fans is doing Steve and Bristol City no favours at all!

It is good to see that lessons have been learned by the club. But as a matter of interest, given the fuss that was made at the time about 'part timers' and 'glory hunters', how many season ticket holders who wanted a ticket for the Middlesborough match were ultimately not able to buy one?

It is good to see that lessons have been learned by the club. But as a matter of interest, given the fuss that was made at the time about 'part timers' and 'glory hunters', how many season ticket holders who wanted a ticket for the Middlesborough match were ultimately not able to buy one?

Also it's worth noting, the thread that asks "Are half season tickets still available?"

It's this sort of reaction that is critical for the immediate future of the club and ultimatly encourages messers Landsdown and Dawe to dip again into their pockets for more players. Yesterday was more than just a good day at the office, hopefully it encourages more of us to want that sort of occassion every other week rather than once or twice every five years!

The club appears to be getting up a head of steam, and whilst no one must get carried away. It's great for the national spotlight to be on City and hopefully this year will be our year.

Is that totally the point though DaveL?

Any S/T holder who didn't get one only has themselves to blame as there was, eventually, enough time given and a decent window where only they could get tickets (Saturday and Monday a.m. was it?).

But, I know of at least 4 people, others can surely say the same (and it's unlikely to be the same 4!) who are regular attendee's at the Gate, who missed out due to not being able to get online, shift-pattern worked etc. This is just as much of an issue as we don't want these people missing as they might say "screw it" to the other, less attracitve games too.

A system has to be in place that rewards attendance whether it is season ticket holders or "pay as you go" fans.

I was told yesterday of personal callers who had bought 10 tickets in case mates of mates wanted to go. How can any 1 individual buy 10 tickets? That is crazy.

2 per person would seem a sensible maximum provided you can supply X number of ticket stubs.

I wait to see if lessons have been truly learned or whther these are words we all like to see in the hope that they truly have. For starters, is the ticket stub fans WERE TOLD to keep at the Gillingham game going to help fans for future ticket allocations?

That's not the point.

City made much of asking fans to retain away ticket stubs, amongst other things, to gain priority for those with and without season tickets.They didn't do that and time constraints did not ultimately effect that.CS has a full time post, excellent salary and a large staff to run what is quite a small enterprise in real terms.One has to question his organisational skills (our inadequate IT for example), exasserbated by a lack of football knowledge....in particular Bristol City knowledge, has caused a disconnect between fans of all ages.

Add to that issues handled with all the finesse of a chain saw, such as The Premier Club and there is genuine cause for concern.

A system has to be in place that rewards attendance whether it is season ticket holders or "pay as you go" fans.

Spot On

I was told yesterday of personal callers who had bought 10 tickets in case mates of mates wanted to go. How can any 1 individual buy 10 tickets? That is crazy.

Thirty on some occassions and that, I'm afraid, is nothing short of obscene and, in some cases, could jeopardise safety

agree, majority of complaints or problems were from season ticket holders who had trouble getting tickets initially, after that alot of the problems were with non season ticket holder, majority of people that wanted tickets were able to get them, there is of course a minority of people that haven't been able to get tickets but to say that it was impossible for these people to get tickets isn't really believable, these problems are the same that will occur with any All Ticket game, Rovers possibly in a couple of weeks will be a difficult one, however next season if we are in the championship then there is likely to be a few games which will become all-ticket.

what they going to do then? City have all sorts of ways for people to get tickets, if some still can't get tickets, then they have quite possibly only got themselves to blame, unless you don't live in the UK, I don't see a problem at all

So SL was wrong and all was fine and dandy ?

It was a total shambles mate as SL well knows.

Misinformation from the minute they went on sale.

People didn't know if they were sold out or not - one minute they were, the next they weren't.

SL is fully aware of ALL the problems and has apologised to ST holders in particular as thats the bread and butter income. But he is aware of everything.

Unlike some on here.

oh no, I agree selling normal tickets and ST tickets at the same time was an awful move and understandably classed as a cock up.

but people having been saying the whole thing was a joke when it was, in the end majority of those people who wanted tickets got them in the end, but some just had to be patient, but because some people didn't get their tickets within 5mins of the phone lines opening on Thursday, they have moaned to the end of time!

Misinformation?......no, just mass panicking by some, Massive Massive over-reaction to the whole event to be honest

oh no, I agree selling normal tickets and ST tickets at the same time was an awful move and understandably classed as a cock up.

but people having been saying the whole thing was a joke when it was, in the end majority of those people who wanted tickets got them in the end, but some just had to be patient, but because some people didn't get their tickets within 5mins of the phone lines opening on Thursday, they have moaned to the end of time!

Misinformation?......no, just mass panicking by some, Massive Massive over-reaction to the whole event to be honest

So you were one of the lucky ones who didn't spend a fortune on premium rates over the course of 3 days trying to get through?

My hunch is you were one of the lucky ones that was able to pop over and pick tickets up in person?

Any S/T holder who didn't get one only has themselves to blame as there was, eventually, enough time given and a decent window where only they could get tickets (Saturday and Monday a.m. was it?).

That isn't really true.

The ticket office was engaged pretty much every time I phoned all day Friday, Saturday AM and Monday AM and I called over 50 times in total. I know cos my mobile keeps score. Also, because of the stupid menu system you have to listen to for 45 seconds before they tell you they can't put you in a queue, each call costs money - particularly when you're abroad. I only got a ticket in a different seat by getting arsy with them on Tuesday when I could finally get through, and I probably paid the same again in phone costs.

Not everyone can actually get to Ashton gate to queue up, plenty of ST holders live a long way away.

Had they given a proper window at the start to only ST holders instead of clogging up the phone lines with ones on general sale, and sorted out the online ticketing shambles then every ST holder would have been able to get their seat.

General sale tickets should only go on after the ST holders have had a couple of clear days to get theirs, and tickets should be limited to two per ST or two per address for general sale.

The sad fact is that getting this right isn't difficult by any stretch of the imagination and a business that makes the vast majority of it's income from selling tickets should have it nailed. They don't.

They're trying to learn the lessons, fair enough, but let's see what sort of cluster**** happens if the Gas get through - we won't have long to get it done then.

So you were one of the lucky ones who didn't spend a fortune on premium rates over the course of 3 days trying to get through?

My hunch is you were one of the lucky ones that was able to pop over and pick tickets up in person?

nope, was going to phone up on saturday, but instead just phoned up and got them on Monday couple of mins waiting but not a problem personally, most people I've spoken to didn't have any problems getting tickets, just seems to be a select few on here, funnily enough just the usual bloody moaners

premium rates? 3p per minute hardly premium, bloody heck, some people will whine about bloody anything

nope, was going to phone up on saturday, but instead just phoned up and got them on Monday couple of mins waiting but not a problem personally, most people I've spoken to didn't have any problems getting tickets, just seems to be a select few on here, funnily enough just the usual bloody moaners

premium rates? 3p per minute hardly premium, bloody heck, some people will whine about bloody anything

Just a small example...1p per second on my pay as you go mobile, 25 seconds being told the lines are busy = 25p....for nothing!!

Multiply that by however many times it took, then eventually 30 mins on hold = 30x60...you do the maths, Still think that's not worth moaning about???

You got lucky. Everyone I've spoken to had a bastard of a time getting through and most ended up having to take time off to get to the ticket office. The club screwed up and have admitted it, we need to make sure they don't do it again. Still, if you're alright Jack then I guess that makes everyone else moaners.

Just a small example...1p per second on my pay as you go mobile, 25 seconds being told the lines are busy = 25p....for nothing!!

Multiply that by however many times it took, then eventually 30 mins on hold = 30x60...you do the maths, Still think that's not worth moaning about???

1p PER SECOND!

BLOODY HELL! my suggestion would be get another phone or phone on another phone! if anyone is ripping you it's your mobile phone provider and not the club!

1P PER SECOND! ###### HELL!!!

the whole thing was a pain, but as long as the club learn from their mistake's in the next few games, i.e Boro away, Rovers, possible Cardiff final, I'll be happy, plus they have a summer concert to sell which they haven't been able to due to all the big games,

either way apparently there is a new ticket booking system coming in soon (in theory before end of season) that should hopefully make purchasing tickets online and by phone alot easier! (well in theory!)

That's not the point.

It might not be the point you want to make, but it is mine. I take on board all of the concerns about ticket arrangements, and am not trying to pretend that all is fine. I just asked a simple question. How many season ticket holders who wanted a ticket for the Boro match were unable to get one?

1p PER SECOND!

BLOODY HELL! my suggestion would be get another phone or phone on another phone! if anyone is ripping you it's your mobile phone provider and not the club!

1P PER SECOND! ###### HELL!!!

Unfortunately I had to use this phone. (circumstances)

Hopefully I won't need to use it again to buy my tickets!!!

Archived