IGNORED

Terracing

beaverface

During the first half against Middlesborough I quickly glanced across to the A block of the Atyeo and noticed that it was roped off, I made the assumption that the seats weren't sold because of restricted views ie. the wheelchair enclosures being in the way.

Anyway, got me thinking that there's only about 150 seats in there anyway, why don't the club use those seats somewhere else ie. replace the wooden ones in the Williams/Dolman and use the space for terracing.

Surely the cost to get a few crush barriers installed would only cost hundreds of pounds? and it would probably neared double the capacity for that little section of the ground.

Any thoughts?

a) 'A' block became about half-full during the fist half (I imagine it's used for turnstile operators etc.)

b) Under current legislation terracing is simply not allowed. The club would have to get the law changed first!

Hmm? I thought terracing was allowed below championship level providng you have x amount of seats.

I just thought that seeing as the view is restricted, that by allowing people to stand you could then sell that area as an UNRESTRICTED view and also double the capacity of that area.

I wasnt suggestion the terracing would improve the atmosphere, but allow the club to sell a few more tickets.

Archived