IGNORED

Amarillo

Tom Fleuriot

Robbored, Jay, DollyMarie and whoever else is on the Supporters' Trust.

It's clear that nobody likes Amarillo.

It ruins the atmosphere when we score by -

- obscuring the noise of the crowd AND

- dissuading the crowd from singing AND

- generally being a rubbish song.

It's embarassing in front of the chaps from the other football club.

It makes us look amateurish on TV / Radio.

It's got sod all to do with Bristol City.

In fact, it's got sod all to do with football.

Can we get a statement from the Supporters' Trust and Supporters' Club about the playing of Amarillo? I pledge that if you stop them from playing it (or any other song) for the rest of the season, starting the game after Cheltenham (away for that one) then I will pay £15 a month to the Trust and £5 a month to help keep this forum going.

If you manage to negotiate them to just playing "one for the Bristol City" when we score then I'll pay £3 to the Trust as it shows you're achieving something.

If Robbored gets it done in his role of Salacious Crumb at board meetings, I'll join the Supporters' Club AND back up all your arguments for a month.

I've left off the announcer as I feel this needs to be concentrated on then we can arghue about whether we hurt his feelings (personally I think the guy's okay. As long as he lays off the damn Amarillo). Come on the Supporters' Trust, put your mouth where my money could be. Stop me from cringeing whenever we score a goal.

(Edit - spelling)

I will chuck in an extra £50 if somebody knocks out Mr COME ON YOOOREDDS on the mike.

Yes Saturday was very embarrassing with his shouts around each stand then 'give me a c' etc, I couldn't believe he did it twice, please don't do that :noexpression:

Granted Mr Cheesy on the mike is a pain in the proverbial, but this is the club that foisted the dreadful Sam Mason on us!!!!!!!!! :shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking:

Agree re Amarillo, why do football clubs play such shite music?

High ho silver lining and rockin all over the world??!! Y-front rock

Lets have some blistering music that gets the crowd going, rather than the aural cowpats we get at the moment.

Methinks a proper forum vote may be necessary here?

Not a bad idea as it might give a small indication regarding people's thoughts on the matter.

When the Trust conducted a survey recently, people were asked about the matchday experience. They were asked to score the following by giving points out of 10 (10 being very important & 1 being very unimportant).

Standard of food/drink

Match atmosphere

Fan safety

Attitude of stewards

Parking facilities

Pre-match entertainment

Music played before and during game

Toilet facilities

Stadium cleanliness

Sight lines

For what it's worth, fans considered both 'Pre-match entertainment' and 'Music played before and during game' as the most unimportant aspects of a matchday experience. However, that's not to say that the orignal question of this topic should be discarded though the Trust are likely to give priority to the issues/areas of more concern.

Full set of survey results can be found here.

Without wishing like I'm trying to pass the buck here, this topic falls nicely within Tompo's role as Fans Rep. I'll draw it to this attention (though I'm sure he'll read it without much prompting).

Meanwhile, someone feel free to stick up a poll on this forum.

On a personal note, I too agree that Amarillo sucks!

amarillo is an embarrassment to the club

utterly wrong in so many ways

It was disgusting to hear it drown out the sound of the crowd on match of the day,

The middlesborough fans laughed so hard at that guy on the mike "come on williams make some noise"

i though he was going to get his white gloves and whistle out in a happy hardcore style. You know the score etc..

How cheesy, how old fashioned, how provincial, its what you would expect to find at a club like weymouth

i though he was going to get his white gloves and whistle out in a happy hardcore style. You know the score etc..

Ha Ha Quality!

"Dolman Whistle Crewwwwwwwwwwww" A hardcore version of Amarillo belting out while sweat drips off the East End Roof.

Seriously though, please stop this cheesy music - We don't want this plastic football experiance forced on us!

As posted by WTFIGO

When the topic (Amarillo) was brought up on one of the video'd Q & A sessions ....SL interrupted the person with a resounding " I love it!"............and it was end of discussion.

It was definately an "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" moment !

Must say I HATE Amarillo or any music after a goal

And I HATE MR. "Dolman make some noise Come on you REDS" why doesn't everyone just ignore him and leave him chanting on his own & looking a right prat?

And the pre match music needs freshening up - I don't need a watch at AG , I can tell the time as I go through the turnstiles by which bland rock number is playing Boys are Back in Town, Rocking All over the World, High Ho Silver Lining, Final Countdown

Have they got all these on some dodgy party CD that they just bung on?

Sometimes they play the old Ska classic "The Liquidator" which is ok but isn't that actually the Wolves "Anthem" ?

CodeRed

As posted by WTFIGO

When the topic (Amarillo) was brought up on one of the video'd Q & A sessions ....SL interrupted the person with a resounding " I love it!"............and it was end of discussion.

And I HATE MR. "Dolman make some noise Come on you REDS" why doesn't everyone just ignore him and leave him chanting on his own & looking a right prat?

And the pre match music needs freshening up - I don't need a watch at AG , I can tell the time as I go through the turnstiles by which bland rock number is playing Boys are Back in Town, Rocking All over the World, High Ho Silver Lining, Final Countdown

Sometimes they play the old Ska classic "The Liquidator" which is ok but isn't that actually the Wolves "Anthem" ?

CodeRed

There's an arguement for fans participation here. I often feel that the bridge between Club & fans varies in its width & this could be turned in to a simple little exercise that could help build relations again.

Why not run it as a competition or something similar? For example, fans e-mail in their 3 pre-match song choices & their goal celebration choice. Of course there would need to be a limited choice of songs due to broadcasting lisencing etc but this might work.

As posted by WTFIGO

CodeRed

can't argue with that fella', yep get a bit of Ska going and some jam :clapping:

I could just about put up with MR. "Dolman make some noise Come on you REDS"

if the geezer changed the chant every now and again, a bit of variation to it would be nice,

you get the feeling of a yawn and oh not that Come on you REDS" again.

As posted by WTFIGO

CodeRed

Oh yeah, they used to play The Liquidator quite a lot back in the day. That is a tune. The others you mention most certainly are not! I don't think they have a 'Party Hits' CD, I reckon it's all on vinyl and that's why it's a load of old dadrock!

Guest mesa boogie
Yes........ but whos still in the hat for the 5th round?

Apparently no Homosexual jibes allowed tsk. It would seem you are in the 5th round draw and well done with that dearest. Still bloody funny though, is this the way to Avonmouth?

Archived