IGNORED

24 hours to go, what have our rivals done.

And Its Smith

We've nearly at the end of one of the most nerviest months of the season and when we were approaching the window I think we were all unsure on how it would pan out. I'm delighted with what we've done. Johnson has addressed the positions that needed addressing and even though the much discussed 'out and out' left winger hasnt been signed we should be happy with where we are now. I took a moment to look at what our close rivals have done this month. I'm sure there might be one or two more pieces of business done before the end of tomorrow but looking at this makes me even more confident.

Blackpool

In

Ian Evatt Queens Park Rangers

Kaspars Gorkss Ventspils

Out

Rory Prendergast Rochdale

John Murphy Macclesfield Town

Lee Jones Darlington

Blackpool have strengthened their defence with two centre backs coming in and only squad players leaving. I'm a big Evatt fan but neither of those two have any pace about them. Pretty unspectacular window for them. Their fans seem happy for a play off place but I reckon they might struggle for that.

Nottingham Forest

In

David Prutton Southampton

Luke Chambers Northampton

Out

Ross Gardner Port Vale

Neil Harris Millwall

Vincent Fernandez Grays Athletic

Spencer Weir-Daley Lincoln City

All the talk of Holt, Sharp et all looks like coming to nothing. I think they can be happy with their squad but I expect the fans expected a bit more movement than that. They are delighted at Prutton but as the old saying goes 'never go back' so we will see. They will be top 4 but where abouts is anyones guess. Chambers seems like a decent young centre back. Tyson will be the key for them, that player is quality and they will be delighted he hasnt left this month.

Oldham Athletic

In

Out

Marc Tierney Shrewsbury Town

Any club that doesnt bring in anybody in January surprises me. Still one more day to go so lets hope any purchases are 'panics'. Their fans don't seem to think they will bring in anyone for money reasons but don't seem to be too worried about it either. They have been pretty impressive this season by all accounts and should be top 4.

S****horpe United

In

Jermaine Beckford Leeds United

Andrew Talbot Sheffield Wednesday

Out

Andrew Keogh Wolverhampton Wanderers

Andrew Talbot Luton Town

I think Scunny fans will be pretty happy with their January. They lost the one that was obvious - Keogh was out of contract at the end of the season and they couldnt turn down the bid from Wolves. But they didnt lose both of them and have replaced Keogh with a decent striker in Beckford. Talbot has come in and gone again, in on loan but then joining Luton for 250k. They are weaker than at the start of January but not much and recent form has been good. Might be one striker shy though.

Swansea City

In

Pawel Abbott Huddersfield Town

Mark Howard Cardiff City

Richard Duffy Portsmouth

Ian Craney Accrington Stanley

Scott Evans Manchester City

Out

Leon Knight Milton Keynes Dons

Rory Fallon Plymouth Argyle

Its Swansea and us that have done the most business in January and the Welsh look like they've done well. Out goes the trouble maker and a decent striker at this level in Fallon. Surprised Plymouth wanted him but there you go. Abbott is a decent player that a few forumers wanted at AG. I'm glad we didnt get him as I'm not a massive fan and I hope I'm proved right! Out of the others, Duffy will add quality to their defence and Craney is a good tackling central midfielder. Marcos Painter may well make his loan move from Birmingham permanent and he is meant to be a good young right back. Play offs I reckon.

Yeovil Town

In

Marcus Stewart Bristol City

Out

Bradley Thomas Boston United

I think Yeovil fans will be a bit disappointed with the lack of activity. Stewarts goals have dried a little but Leon Best is on top form. Play offs will be an achievement for them and they will be happy to see Chris Cohen in a green and white shirt as he will make it to a higher division than this eventually.

I believe top 4 will be us, Forest and Oldham and then one of Scunny and Swansea. This could be our year but we think that every year. Best just to keep everything crossed and pray. Come on City.

to early for reviews of the transfer window I think, alot of business is likely to be done tomorrow, possibly with a few keys moves for some clubs

Very true but I was bored and had half an hour spare! Might just edit it if anything happens. S****horpe are desperate to sign Donaldson from York for example but they want 500k!!

swear i reasd somewhere donaldson had signed a pre-contract agreement with hibs??

I aslo thought it was s****horpe who was after him.. But 500k for a conference striker, not proven at this level and only 100k off keoghs price tag is way to expensive.

Forest have bought quality players in prutton and chambers, and swansea havent done to bad either.

Out of those teams mentioned, i think s****horpe are the only team who have weakened.

I aslo thought it was s****horpe who was after him.. But 500k for a conference striker, not proven at this level and only 100k off keoghs price tag is way to expensive.

Forest have bought quality players in prutton and chambers, and swansea havent done to bad either.

Out of those teams mentioned, i think s****horpe are the only team who have weakened.

Yeah it was, edited it now! :whistle2:

Archived