IGNORED

Point Proven

Riaz

After seeing Man U beat rangers 1-0 & 3-0, dosen't this prove that English football is much better than scottish?

The two teams both have been dominating their respective leagues for the past ten years, and yet rangers looked like they should'nt have even been on the same pitch as man u!

I think if Celtic & Rangers join the premeirship, they would struggle to get in the top half.

Do you agree? or disagree?

totally disagree.. but i would obviously :D

its always the same with the english though- they judge one game that goes their way an make an immediate assumption.

how quickly they forget celtic going unbeaten in 4 games v english teams last season in the uefa cup- and how (although admittedly in pre-season games) celtic had previously won 12 consecutive games against english opposition- up until the celtic v manu america game)

in all honesty , celtic and rangers, as they stand now- would probably sit around mid-table in the EPL. However the difference is that they are far bigger clubs than the majority of Premier League teams- this is what would give them an advantage over the rest.

in time i could see celtic and rangers both doing very, very well in england, but i cannot see it happening in the near future anyway.

(oh, and rangers only dominated the SPL for the last 10 years because celtic were basically bankrupt- at one stage jus days away from folding!- ill keep on insisting that currently celtic are a better team than rangers! :how funny: )

Celtic may do alright but would not be anywhere near challengers for the title challengers for Uefa would be more like it.

Larsson would not get anywhere near the goals he gets in the SPL. At the end of the day it wouldn't be worth Rangers and Celtic doing it as at the moment they are almost guarenteed title hopes, they are guarenteed chamions league football, their players are made to look better than what they are.

Also as said before I'm fed up with the welsh being in our league being anti english and all that, and if that happens we will end up with paris st germain in our bloody leagues too!

True. He is pretty rubbish. Start with Larrson, Hartson and Maloney :D

Dunc, you forget, Man Utd on form can beat anyone. They can beat West Town Lane under 11's to Real Madrid on there day, that is a garentuee. Rangers are Rubbish in my eyes anyways and i think that come the end of the season the title will be Celtics. Celtic would get into top 5, in my eyes.

Also Dunc, your 'beloved' Arsenal had John Hartson playing in European Cup Finals so i dunno how he could be considered a 'reject'. I Could say Viera and Henry were Serie A rejects, who couldnt cut it in Italy so they moved to the English Leagues.

I Wouldnt want The Old Firm in England as, once again, we would have alot of Anti-English fans in them, especially from the Celtic, which is pretty stupid. Rangers would most likely be fine as they represent Britian and the Queen ect. but Celtic don't.

Sean, it's slightly different going from playing Manchester United week-in, week-out, to playing Livingston Week in Week out.

Why would anyone change from Italy when it's alot harder over here anyway.

Henry would score 100 in the Scottish League, and that's just a league season.

Oh, and Vieira only ever played 1 game for AC Milan so your theory goes right out the window.

Guest pogue mahone

What a reassuring cut-out-and-keep argument against the Old Firm joining the Premier League that was eh? No full-throttle competitiveness, not a great deal of passion, little or no excitement and a stroll for Man Utd which differed in no way from a run of the mill home win over Portsmouth or Leicester. I didn't think ManU even played that well - they gave the ball away in midfield quite a lot, Giggs was rubbish and they missed Scholes. But they still ######ed it.

Guest east_dundry_red

If they come to the EPL hopefully they wont be allowed to take one of our places in europe same as the welsh teams can not get into europe through english compitions. And so they should. They aint enghlish so get the forginers out of our league and back where they belong.

Btw hopefully no one will coem along with the rasist rubbish this isnt racist its how it should be.

Guest pogue mahone
They aint enghlish so get the forginers out of our league and back where they belong.

does that sentiment apply to any of the following ??

1 Jens Lehmann

4 Patrick Vieira

7 Robert Pires

8 Fredrik Ljungberg

10 Dennis Bergkamp

11 Sylvain Wiltord

12 Bisan Lauren

14 Thierry Henry

17 Edu

18 Pascal Cygan

19 Gilberto Silva

20 Philippe Senderos

22 Gael Clichy

24 Rami Shaaban

25 Nwankwo Kanu

27 Stathis Tavlaridis

28 Kolo Toure

30 Jeremie Aliadiere

54 Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

55 Olafur Ingi Skulason

57 Francesc Fabregas Soler

I disagree i think that the current Celtic and Rangers team would finish top half and in time would become one of the better clubs in the division. But currently they would do well to finish 6th ish.

I wouldn't want them to be in the english premier league though.

Archived