IGNORED

2nd JPT leg not televised

Red Cloud

Anyone up for bombarding sky with requests to see if we can get it televised? I would go to the mem but don't think I could stand the smell of gas for so long :whistle2:

Nah seriously lots of us are going to miss out on seats for it :/

Would BCFC get a share of the TV revenue?

In the magazine that Sky send out it shows Monday 12th Feb : JPT area final 2nd leg (TBC), ss1 7.30. As the dates have now been changed because of the FA cup replay it's not us.

When is the Donny V Crewe replay, maybe they have nicked that slot?

• Admin
In the magazine that Sky send out it shows Monday 12th Feb : JPT area final 2nd leg (TBC), ss1 7.30. As the dates have now been changed because of the FA cup replay it's not us.

When is the Donny V Crewe replay, maybe they have nicked that slot?

Yep, Donny Crewe has been moved to the Monday

Don't sky have issues with the floodlights at the minimal ground as there not bright enough or something and that's why I think they haven't had a home game live on Sky since the Man City game but not entirely sure. Not like I follow them to closely.

Also the police may have had issues with it.

Yep, Donny Crewe has been moved to the Monday

Yup, we won't get shown either as the home game has got Sky showing Champ league, Barcelona V Liverpool, who are they ! :tongue:

And the away at the Gas game there is an FA cup 5th round replay scheduled...better hope for no replays then! ;)

Anyone up for bombarding sky with requests to see if we can get it televised? I would go to the mem but don't think I could stand the smell of gas for so long :whistle2:

Nah seriously lots of us are going to miss out on seats for it :/

Would BCFC get a share of the TV revenue?

if not a 'live' broadcast (dammit) - there would be HUGE interest in a 'recorded' City/Rovers TV game!

couldnt that be considered?

Don't sky have issues with the floodlights at the minimal ground as there not bright enough or something and that's why I think they haven't had a home game live on Sky since the Man City game but not entirely sure. Not like I follow them to closely.

Well Bris have been on at least 4-5 times this season alone, so can't see that being the reason.

if not a 'live' broadcast (dammit) - there would be HUGE interest in a 'recorded' City/Rovers TV game!

couldnt that be considered?

Do you mean a live screening ala the Playoffs a couple of seasons ago (versus Cardiff)? Surely this has to be an option for both legs, as there will be loads of Away Supporters (from both games) who will not be able to get tickets.

If I remember correctly, a ticket to the Cardiff screening was £5? Can anybody with connections (Supporters Trust etc) confirm if this option has been looked at? Surely with the amount of interest in the games both clubs could make this option work financially??

Failing that, can ITV West get the games live???

Yup, we won't get shown either as the home game has got Sky showing Champ league, Barcelona V Liverpool, who are they ! :tongue:

And the away at the Gas game there is an FA cup 5th round replay scheduled...better hope for no replays then! ;)

I shall hope against hope for a 5th round replay..... COME ON CITY Vs BORO - COME ON CITY AND WEST BROM IN THE 5th RD!!

JPT 2nd leg Rovers v CITY

... 1,800 tickets available for City fans - public interest in game ten times that amount (many City ST holders & regular City fans who are missing out + casuals who love a 'Bristol derby') = Thousands who'd like to 'be there' but cant be accommodated at the Mem.

Many many people thinking- "Oh well, I'll watch it on SKY at home or watch with my mates at the pub" ....... it was rumoured they were broadcasting it ....... it appears now that the match will NOT BE TELEVISED!!

The ONLY option for fans without tickets to be part of this exciting fixture is to LISTEN to commentary on the radio or world.

Is radio commentary 'good enough' to satisfy you?....

In the absence of TV cameras.......

-IF live coverage was provided on a BIG SCREEN on the pitch at ASHTON GATE would you be interested in making 'an evening of it at AG?' watching it 'live' on the big screen with 1000's of other fans..?

Should the Club/Clubs look into providing such coverage?...

Seems to be the ONLY way that so many fans would be able to share in a great game - it would be a shame if thousands are denied a chance to be part of it.. -the next best thing to 'being there'?

(NB..after disappointing 'loss making' attempts at similar 'screenings' in the past the Club would need some convincing to try again - but THIS MATCH ,I think, would be 'different'.... )

Would you go?

Is it possible to organise?

Is there time?

SHOULD FANS LOBBY THE CLUB NOW.... COULD A CAMPAIGN BE STARTED?... any thoughts???

No, the reason hey haven't had a home game live on Sky since the Man City game is that they're sh*t and nobody wants to watch them. :whistle2:

Archived