IGNORED

City 'fans' win Oscar

Southport Red

I guess it was to be expected. The (incredible) undefeated run comes to an end and immediately 'outraged fans' post on the board. Everyone is entitled to their view, it would be dull if we were all the same BUT...

We were unbeaten for ages, played the best football I have seen us play in decades at Oldham about 11 days ago and scared the living Bejasus out of a Premiership side that played a European final last year only a few days ago.

Those of you who were diappointed by a poor performance tonight against Cheltenham, please get a sense of perspective. If we had beaten Cheltenham 10-0 tonight it would not have ensured promotion and the defeat, disappointing as it is, is similarly meaningless.

Those saying it was disgraceful and (once more) getting on Lee Johnson's back are showing fickleness above and beyond the norm, even for City fans. I am actually embarassed by how shallow our support is. Please understand IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO WIN EVERY SINGLE GAME WE PLAY, THE OTHER TEAMS ARE ALLOWED TO WIN.

I guess it was to be expected. The (incredible) undefeated run comes to an end and immediately 'outraged fans' post on the board. Everyone is entitled to their view, it would be dull if we were all the same BUT...

We were unbeaten for ages, played the best football I have seen us play in decades at Oldham about 11 days ago and scared the living Bejasus out of a Premiership side that played a European final last year only a few days ago.

Those of you who were diappointed by a poor performance tonight against Cheltenham, please get a sense of perspective. If we had beaten Cheltenham 10-0 tonight it would not have ensured promotion and the defeat, disappointing as it is, is similarly meaningless.

Those saying it was disgraceful and (once more) getting on Lee Johnson's back are showing fickleness above and beyond the norm, even for City fans. I am actually embarassed by how shallow our support is. Please understand IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO WIN EVERY SINGLE GAME WE PLAY, THE OTHER TEAMS ARE ALLOWED TO WIN.

You're absolutely right, SR.

Unfortunately, most fans view footballer's subjectively and think they can just churn out great performances, week in, week out, regardless of fitness, weather, the state of the pitches and so on.

Our squad has been stretched to breaking point over the last 2 and a half months, yet we maintained a wonderful unbeaten run, which has now caught the eye of a national audience, following Saturday's miraculous comeback against Middlesbrough.

Tonight was an example of a battle weary side, straining every sinew to win, but alas, the tired legs wouldn't obey the brain and we lost - narrowly.

So, well done Cheltenham for a stirling display and let's keep behind our lads, because they've done us proud, tonight and over the last nineteen games.

On to S****horpe and 3 points say I!

So saying that someone played crap is not allowed then. nobody was complaining when praise was handed out to Johnson, so are we simply only to comment on players when they play well ? can't point out that Johnson was innept tonight, but are allowed to say he played well against boro where's the balance in that ?

Fact is the team as per usual for City decided that all was necessary was to turn up and Cheltnham would roll over and die, but they were wrong and cheltnham outfought and outplayed us, this is the team that are right in the relegation mix up. A loss can be stomached, if they played really well, and managed to nick a win, fact is there was nothing on our side, we were god awful, and cheltnham were little better.

Why is it so bad to criticise where it's due ? people give praise when it's due, so people can criticise where it's due. Frankly tonights innept display deserves little but criticism.

I think you're exaggerating just as much as the very small number of 'outraged fans' posting on here. There are over 400 people on this forum at time of posting and only a handful of posts that could be considered outraged.

I agree with the general thrust of what you're saying though. We played crap tonight, but we were due one and we got lucky that Forest lost. It could be better. End of the world it ain't.

So saying that someone played crap is not allowed then. nobody was complaining when praise was handed out to Johnson, so are we simply only to comment on players when they play well ? can't point out that Johnson was innept tonight, but are allowed to say he played well against boro where's the balance in that ?

Fact is the team as per usual for City decided that all was necessary was to turn up and Cheltnham would roll over and die, but they were wrong and cheltnham outfought and outplayed us, this is the team that are right in the relegation mix up. A loss can be stomached, if they played really well, and managed to nick a win, fact is there was nothing on our side, we were god awful, and cheltnham were little better.

Why is it so bad to criticise where it's due ? people give praise when it's due, so people can criticise where it's due. Frankly tonights innept display deserves little but criticism.

I don't think thats true. Lots of the players looked very leggy tonight. Enoch has been playing upfront on his own for alot of matches and is missing Brooker. Murray isnt a striker and doesnt have the pace he used to. Thus we need to get behind the team because an unbeaten run of 18 matches was no mean feat. We will lose games yes, but its how we come back from a defeat now that will steer us to promotion. Its been nearly 3 months since we lost to Yeovil and I remember that day very clearly as some were asking why we got rid of Marcus Stewart. I don't hear his name mentioned on here much nowadays. We have progressed and will hit hurdles. Lets hope the team have the mental strength to see us to the championship.

:chant6ez:

I myself have kept or at elast tried to keep my feet on the ground so have not been fickle.

I in fact posted saying "lets make sure we beat Cheltenham" as that game tonigth was 10X more important than the Boro one.

however i am not a pessismist. I sitll think we are in a greta posiiton, and depsite a real cahcne missed tonight, lets go and give it a good go agaisnt S****hrope

Many have posted on here criticising tonight's performance - that is fine. My objection is to those calling for players to be dropped, saying this was 'dosgraceful' and your comment of 'as per usual'. For the record, we haven't lost (before tonight) for absolutely ages, everyone loses sometimes so 'dosgraceful' is fickle beyond belief. Anyone who has actually WATCHED City this year will say that Johnson (despite apparently being poor tonight) has been generally excellent for quite some time now, and the 'as per usual' City performance of late has been that of a side that simply REFUSED to be beaten. The comeback against Premiership Middlesborough was not yet a week ago and was extraordinary, yet (some) people rushed on here with comments of 'disgraceful' and witch-hunted our own players and you have compounded this with your 'as per usual' comment. Comments like these totally disreagrd the last three months and represent an air brushing of history that would have done the Soviets proud.

Someone commented earlier that there are some on here who are only happy when we lose. Certainly there are people on the forum tonight (now that we have lost) who have not been posting thorughout the (very long) undefeated streak - I find that interesting!

BTW, while I was typing this I git an SMS saying we have extended Andrews's loan spell, I think this is good news, but then, what do I know, I think it's good that we don't get beaten for months on end?

I just can't take City fans seriously tbh. Hurts me to say it but it's what I think.

In discuscion with SL last night, one of his view-point's is that Bristolian's only get going when something exciting happens, I'd say to that: ''something's always happening - BRISTOL CITY are playing !! ''

Proved tonight though - Bristolians are a spoilt sort; a definate ''sing while you're winning....whine when you're losing...'' ethos going on, sadly..

Many have posted on here criticising tonight's performance - that is fine. My objection is to those calling for players to be dropped, saying this was 'dosgraceful' and your comment of 'as per usual'. For the record, we haven't lost (before tonight) for absolutely ages, everyone loses sometimes so 'dosgraceful' is fickle beyond belief. Anyone who has actually WATCHED City this year will say that Johnson (despite apparently being poor tonight) has been generally excellent for quite some time now, and the 'as per usual' City performance of late has been that of a side that simply REFUSED to be beaten. The comeback against Premiership Middlesborough was not yet a week ago and was extraordinary, yet (some) people rushed on here with comments of 'disgraceful' and witch-hunted our own players and you have compounded this with your 'as per usual' comment. Comments like these totally disreagrd the last three months and represent an air brushing of history that would have done the Soviets proud.

Someone commented earlier that there are some on here who are only happy when we lose. Certainly there are people on the forum tonight (now that we have lost) who have not been posting thorughout the (very long) undefeated streak - I find that interesting!

BTW, while I was typing this I git an SMS saying we have extended Andrews's loan spell, I think this is good news, but then, what do I know, I think it's good that we don't get beaten for months on end?

I have compounded **** all mate. I take it you have been watching City for some time ? My as per usual comment was nothing to do with current form, as frankly it would make no sense, however put it into the context of City over the past 10 years and it's well in our MO to play brilliantly one week against opposition far above our level an then turn up expecting to win against a shite side the next week, and get done. I've seen it god knows how many times over the past 15 years of watching city, so the as per usual comment stands perfectly as a comment about this type of performance. I'd said it many times before the game that tonight would be a difficult one and would be exactly the type of match that we are very well capable of getting beaten, because were were getting arrogant. It was always going to be a game like this that ended our unbeaten run (league wise, boro should beat us) we were unlikely to lose the run away at Scunny, home to Forest or Yeovil, as they are big games we will always be up for those and thats when we are at our best. As far back as i can remember games like these, have been the ones that we lose, and also a big reason why we have failed to get out of this division for the last decade or so, we perform against the big sides but then go and throw it away against the likes of Cheltnham, now under Johnson i am of the oppinion that this has changed, and we treat all games the same no matter the oppo. Tonight we were a little tired and were in many ways understandably far too cocky, it was a piss poor performance and we approached it all wrong, that was my problem rather than the result. Of course we were going to lose sometime, but i hoped it wouldn't be in this way which was indicative of the start of the end of many a good season in the past for the club.

I'm irritated that we lost and the performance was dire which wasn't good, but it was the manner of the defeat more than anything, we payed Cheltnham no respect and were playing stupid pretty balls all night when the simple option was on, and giving the ball away, we were not playing good football were were playing stupid football.

I have no problem that we do and will loose, as long as we don't loose because we are being arrogant, tonight i feel that was a major factor in our defeat.

The feeling of the fans goes both ways, it affects the club mood as a whole, as a few other posters pointed out some were getting stupidly carried away, the feeling at AG tonight, (from the stands) was one of complete and utter arrogance on the whole, much like when the mood of the crowd is all doom and gloom that transmits to the players, so does the feeling of arrogance that has haunted this club for many a year, and the reason i and other fans who attempt to remain balanced and with both feet firmly on the ground have to put up with the likes of Plymouth, Luton, QPR and other fans ramming their arrogance back down our throats when it all falls apart.

I give praise where it's due like after the oldham, Cov and boro games, and will criticise where it's due, like after tonight. Unlike some who can't see past a result, if we lose a game but perform i will praise in spite of the result, conversely if we win but show serious defeciencies then i will highlight them too. I call it being balanced, i keep my feet on the ground but am always aware that we are not gods gift to football, we do not have adivine right ot be in a higher league, and this is one tight league, and a bad run if unlucky could see us not only drop out of the race for auto, but see us drop out of the playoffs as well. We are (even with tonights result) still in a great position, but we can't afford to sit back and relax like i feel we did tonight, we do that against Scunny and they will take us appart.

I don't advocate the everythings shit because we lost approach that some say on here, but neither do i advocate the just ecause we won means that there is no room for improvement or constructive criticism.

Tonight was a bad day at the office I am sure but already there is talk of "Lets drop this player" no "Lets drop this player"

Just relax and look at the bigger picture, this loss was always going to come at some stage of the season and it has come against a side we probably should have beat but that is always the way with City!

Lets just calm down and not overeact Johnson should have probably rested some players tonight but at the end of the day we all have to stick behind him and get on with it.

You can not really fault our season so far and lets hope it continues with a win on Monday.

Anyone hear that tit come on the radio and moan about Johnson and said that we would not make the play offs. Do we really want people like that to win? He would be happier if we did not make the play offs and sometimes people yes people not just City fans as other clubs have fans like this aswell really annoy me.

We will still go up I belive!

Nobody in their right mind would expect us to not lose a game once in a while, but what irks me - and probably a lot of others - is the manner of the defeat.

Let's face it, Cheltenham were one of the poorest sides to visit the gate this season - yet we were WORSE!

Time and again, we project this Jekyll and Hyde persona. We just never know which team is going to turn up on the night.

If we had been outplayed and Cheltenham had deserved their goal, I would've been the first to say "Fair enough, we've been beaten by a better team", but apart from the desperation in the late second half we never really strung a pass together or played like we can play - we were diabolical. It was like a team of strangers out there - which leads me to enquire why Keogh and Noble were dropped again when, for me, they did enough on Saturday to retain a place.

Let's hope we get the other team on Monday...

We've lost against a poor team tonight, but that's no excuse for some of the messages written tonight. We've got city's 'no 1 fan' (no offence) calling it a disgrace, others practically calling for both Johnsons' heads. The whole front page of the forum is filled with moans,

I'm gutted we lost, I forgot how it felt to be honest but blimey, we're still 3rd with a game in hand on the top, etc.

Archived