IGNORED

Tactical Cock-up ?

Keepers Ball

Well was it ?

On Saturday we had one fit striker with Noble playing just behind...and it worked brilliantly.

Tonight we go back to two upfront until half-time.Second half Murray pushing up with Betsy on the right.

Now Ive yet to see Murray play a good game when he is pushed so deep so why in the second half didn't Johnson play the same way as we did Saturday ?

And if we started that way and still lost you'd had moaned about "why did we only start with one striker at home!" I personally thought the team that started were good enough to win tonight and had a few fresh legs in there. Alot of players off their game, the unbeaten run has ended. Lets hope we bounce back, no better place than at scunny.

4411 against a Prem side, no need to do that against a league one side and we had two fit strikers.

Second half we were behind - why switch to a more defensive formation when forced to take a striker off through injury?

Common sense move for me and we played better in the second half. It wasn't strikers that were the problem it was the shoddy balls in.

Well was it ?

On Saturday we had one fit striker with Noble playing just behind...and it worked brilliantly.

Tonight we go back to two upfront until half-time.Second half Murray pushing up with Betsy on the right.

Now Ive yet to see Murray play a good game when he is pushed so deep so why in the second half didn't Johnson play the same way as we did Saturday ?

Didn't think it was a tactical masterstroke. The starting 11 i had no real quibbles with, but it was clear to me at half time that it wasn't working and a change in the system was needed. As it happens Johnson for some innexplicable reason i'm unable to comprehend that what was going on forte first 80 minutes was fine, yet as soon as he put Noble and Russell on, we looked a different side and threatened more in the last 10 than we did in the first 80 minutes.

I don't mean to start with.First half yes 4-4-2 and unless Andrews got a knock I can only think it was Johnson not happy with the display so rather than push Murray upfront which rarely works why not revert to Noble playing behind Enoch.

Because you don't switch to a more defensive formation when you're behind. How would the crowd have reacted to what would have looked like 451?

Usually when they're behind Johnson seems to give his team a chance to sort their act out after half time - and in fairness it's been working fairly well. Several times he's been on the verge of making a change when we got an equalizer. The change was enforced by injury so it seemed to me he was trying to keep the same shape and let them play their way out of trouble.

As it was we had all the play in the second half but we did bugger all with it.

Because you don't switch to a more defensive formation when you're behind. How would the crowd have reacted to what would have looked like 451?

Usually when they're behind Johnson seems to give his team a chance to sort their act out after half time - and in fairness it's been working fairly well. Several times he's been on the verge of making a change when we got an equalizer. The change was enforced by injury so it seemed to me he was trying to keep the same shape and let them play their way out of trouble.

As it was we had all the play in the second half but we did bugger all with it.

I don't disagree.Of course 4-4-1-1 would have looked defensive on paper but the alternative with Murray as striker would it have been any better ?

Thats not a jibe at murray.Far from it. I just think Scot is far more effective in his usual positions.

I agree Murray is never really effective up front, but to be honest he wasn't effective out wide either in the first half.

Bringing Noble on earlier might well have worked, particularly if we'd brought him on for McAllister as we did on 80 odd minutes and crowded the midfield.... equally we might have conceded another.

Archived