IGNORED

Rovers away

You Know I Am Right

...Well that sure told me..

Thinking about it, i'd rather more scum got crammed in your match box stadium to witness a hammering from the boys in red..

Awwwww you crack me!! Even if you beat us 4-0 all you moaning B*STARDS on here will still complain!! geta life

Definately not! Especially if it is the bass terrace!! And also its taking home fans places who may have not got to ashton
Bass Terrace is nothing, It has nothing on the East End of old.

If you want to go in the home end the Family enclosure I have always found is the best area.

Guest DrFaustus
Bass Terrace is nothing, It has nothing on the East End of old.

If you want to go in the home end the Family enclosure I have always found is the best area.

"The East End of old"? Please remind me how old you are.

As for going in the Family Enclosure, if you have a) a priority ticket which will enable you to buy a ticket for you and your child/children and b) the ability to keep your mouth shut should City score, then good luck to you. Frankly, I doubt a) and find b) unlikely, unless of course you are just all mouth on an internet forum.

Face it Coddy boy, you won't be at either game.

We are to get 1800 tickets, no reason to bus fans in to each game- no real trouble between the fans for many a year.

http://www.bristolrovers.premiumtv.co.uk/p...0.html?ptvParm=

Lets not hype this into something that it is not, the Evening Post will do that themselves !

you obviously didn't go to the pre-season game last season when it all kicked off before and after the game! it was a bloody nightmare!

Heard on the radio last night that the police haven't requested this but Rovers are looking to bus their fans in regardless and city are also looking into doing the same. Remember going before on the buses to the mem, just slightly annoying to have to travel all the way to ashton seeing i live just 10 minutes away from the poxy rugby club! As long as I get a ticket I won't be too bothered.

As for going in the Family Enclosure, if you have a) a priority ticket which will enable you to buy a ticket for you and your child/children and b) the ability to keep your mouth shut should City score, then good luck to you. Frankly, I doubt a) and find b) unlikely, unless of course you are just all mouth on an internet forum.

I was in the home end for the friendly and was in there when you beat us 2nil the week after we went to wembley with dan c

• Admin
you obviously didn't go to the pre-season game last season when it all kicked off before and after the game! it was a bloody nightmare!

I was indeed at that game - not really that bad compared to some events that have happened down the years.

One interesting point that was said to me last night when this was being discussed is, IF we had to bus in 1800 fans where the hell would they put all the coaches !

My family has supported city through many generations so as yoi can imagine I have heard many stories.

I have been in the family enclosure to watch city play rovers many a time and on all the occasions there was always a small handful of City fans' present in that part of the ground without any trouble and everyone around us even the police was aware of our presence.

I will be at the home game(already booked time off work for it) Away game unsure due to tickets.

Just tell me this Young Dr, If we beat you comfortably in the first leg at Ag say 4-0 how many 'rovers fans' will show up for the game at the minimal ground even though they have tickets?

Can see your forum now littered with threads by people trying to get shot of tickets.

My guess is that were being bussed into the rugby ground hence why there is no announcement about tickets as yet.

If they do do it this way then it will be a complete waste of time.

The whole reason this has been done for Cardiff and Swansea is to dis-courage trouble makers from travelling over just for a scrap, plus its the best way to keep tabs on the fans

What benefit will their be by having the buses? all the trouble makers who want a ruck are still going to head up Gloucester Road way arnt they? theres no point in travelling xxx amount of miles to Cardiff or Swansea for a fight, where as this Rovers game will be right on the door step.

The sad thing is, there is going to be trouble........buses or not. There is no way to avoid it, the police will just have to deal with it

I didn't go to that game but there was live reporting from the area on the local news. :doh:

Despite them trying to make out that all-out war was about to commence they could only find one incident to report.

A large group of Rovers fans tried to ambush a small number of straggling City fans on their way to the game

They were intercepted by police on horses and a large number arrested on Horfield Commom. The Rovers fans in this incident accounted for 15 of the total of 17 arrests on the night.

No doubt there other small incidents and plenty of "running about", and aparently the organisation involved in shepherding the City fans away from the stadium was chaotic and left alot to be desired.

However, apart from the one incident involving Rovers fans and the shambolically organised exit of City fans it sounded relatively quiet compared with previous meetings, however much the local media tried to hype it up.

I didn't go to that game but there was live reporting from the area on the local news. :doh:

Despite them trying to make out that all-out war was about to commence they could only find one incident to report.

A large group of Rovers fans tried to ambush a small number of straggling City fans on their way to the game

They were intercepted by police on horses and a large number arrested on Horfield Commom. The Rovers fans in this incident accounted for 15 of the total of 17 arrests on the night.

No doubt there other small incidents and plenty of "running about", and aparently the organisation involved in shepherding the City fans away from the stadium was chaotic and left alot to be desired.

However, apart from the one incident involving Rovers fans and the shambolically organised exit of City fans it sounded relatively quiet compared with previous meetings, however much the local media tried to hype it up.

if I remember rightly from when I was there last season, it all kicked off at the end outside the wellington and gloucester road got closed off at the top? because of this, a group of 8 of us, walked from the Mem to the centre and barely any traffic was driving towards town and not one single bus in the entire time we walked down, midway down gloucester road, we encounted a large group of around 20-30 "people" heading towards the mem looking for trouble and trying to start trouble with anyone who was interested, pre-game it also majorly kicked off at the pub down by the arches which totally locked up the roads heading towards the ground.

All in all, it was a bloody nightmare so I think it is alot easier for people to be bused in and out of the ground for safety and for just ease for everyone concerned on both sides, it's worked well in the past and see no reason for it to be changed

We're not being forced to use buses for the away game. The club will no doubt provide some but they certainly won't be compulsory.

not doubting you but is this definite? and do you mind me asking where you heard it from?

just that was planning to go up wetherspoons at 10 on the morning of the game and 8 hours on the pi55 followed by a trip on a coach with police presence somehow takes the shine off it, so if you are correct you have just made me a very happy man

not doubting you but is this definite? and do you mind me asking where you heard it from?

just that was planning to go up wetherspoons at 10 on the morning of the game and 8 hours on the pi55 followed by a trip on a coach with police presence somehow takes the shine off it, so if you are correct you have just made me a very happy man

Sorry, I haven't heard it from anywhere but I think it's pretty obvious.

If we were being bused, then I'm 100% certain the reciprocal arrangements for Rovers would be the same - and they aren't.

It would be pointless anyway because it's not like we'll be going back to a city 40+ miles away to celebrate our victory.

Sorry, I haven't heard it from anywhere but I think it's pretty obvious.

If we were being bused, then I'm 100% certain the reciprocal arrangements for Rovers would be the same - and they aren't.

It would be pointless anyway because it's not like we'll be going back to a city 40+ miles away to celebrate our victory.

exactly what i thought, but this info did come via official rovers staff. i hope i am wrong i really do

Archived