IGNORED

Transfer window closed.....

Gary the Dogs Johnsons

I'm very surprised knowone has mentioned this (sorry if it has)

I for one am happy to have kept other clubs away from Mcallister, McCombe, Brooker and Skuse, and possibly Johnson.

And I'm also glad we don't have a 20 goal striker because he would have raised interest from a championship side and probably gone in the January window.

I was surprised that Woodman was not sold, as he isn't getting much football, along with Partridge (although who could realistically afford him in terms of wages).

I like Craig Woodman, but he has struggled to establish himself under three different managers now, and is unlikely to displace Jamie McA.

I'm very surprised knowone has mentioned this (sorry if it has)

I for one am happy to have kept other clubs away from Mcallister, McCombe, Brooker and Skuse, and possibly Johnson.

And I'm also glad we don't have a 20 goal striker because he would have raised interest from a championship side and probably gone in the January window.

Personally, I think the fact we have escaped without selling the likes of McCombe, Brooker and Skuse is more significant than any signings we have made. My fear was that the spotlight of the cup might lead to another club coming in and nicking one of these on the back of a decent performance.

Wasn't so worried about LJ, McAllister or Murray so much as I didn't think there was much danger of any of them leaving, for various reasons.

Just happy we can concentrate on promotion now.

Archived