IGNORED

Bcfc/punk Rock Weekender

City Rocker

How about this for a crazy weekend of football merriment and wanton punkrocking drunkenness:

Sat May 1: Go to Nottingham and watch Derry's finest, The mighty mighty UNDERTONES at the Rescue Rooms, wearing a City shirt. Get mullered.

Sun May 2: The Second of May: On up to Barnsley (in time for pub opening), watch Bristol City clinch promotion!(?)* Then pop down to Birmingham Academy and watch those crazy oldskool punksters The Damned, The Buzzcocks and The Undertones again! Wearing a City shirt. Get mullered again! :blink:

*OK, the promotion bit I can't actually guarantee at this stage. In the event that we have bottled it by then, the gig will be a nice way of escaping the heartbreak for a couple of hours. But if we DO clinch it though, it'll be a mad and messy high-octane celebration, never to be forgotten.

Well that's what we're doing on The Second of May anyway. :Party3:

Or there is the extend it by one night, not quite punk rock option (which I will be doing). Friday, all night, Tenby scooter rally. Not sure of the bands but bound to be one mod, one punk, one ska with various punk/northern soul/ska sounds to back these up, followed by northern soul allnighter.

Saturday get up late and scoot back to Caldicot (it takes a good four hours on a scooter) - I would go back on the Sunday but I'd never get to Barnsley if I did!

Sunday - up to Barnsley.

Monday - bask in the reflective glory of automatic promotion!

Scooter Red

How about this for a crazy weekend of football merriment and wanton punkrocking drunkenness:

Sat May 1: Go to Nottingham and watch Derry's finest, The mighty mighty UNDERTONES at the Rescue Rooms, wearing a City shirt. Get mullered.

Sun May 2: The Second of May: On up to Barnsley (in time for pub opening), watch Bristol City clinch promotion!(?)* Then pop down to Birmingham Academy and watch those crazy oldskool punksters The Damned, The Buzzcocks and The Undertones again! Wearing a City shirt. Get mullered again! :blink:

*OK, the promotion bit I can't actually guarantee at this stage. In the event that we have bottled it by then, the gig will be a nice way of escaping the heartbreak for a couple of hours. But if we DO clinch it though, it'll be a mad and messy high-octane celebration, never to be forgotten.

Well that's what we're doing on The Second of May anyway. :Party3:

Is it possible to get gob out of City shirts?

• Admin

Seriously tempted...........

Saw the Undertones at Guilfest last year and they were fantastic - the new singer looks and sounds exactly like Feargal Sharkey.

"Teenage Kicks" is one of those records where I can remember exactly where I was when I first heard it in '78, even more so than "Anarchy In The UK" and "White Riot". Fantastic :blink:

Nottingham on May 1st you say ? Hmmm ...

Saw the Undertones at Guilfest last year and they were fantastic - the new singer looks and sounds exactly like Feargal Sharkey.

"Teenage Kicks" is one of those records where I can remember exactly where I was when I first heard it in '78, even more so than "Anarchy In The UK" and "White Riot". Fantastic  :clap:

Nottingham on May 1st you say ? Hmmm ...

The Undertones now sound better than ever with Paul McLoon up front. Released a brand new album last year called Get What You Need, which is excellent, check it out.

Anyhoo, returning to one of my original points, could there possibly be a better date than May 2 to win promotion? If this happens maybe we should launch a fanzine called The Second of May? :blink::clap:

Archived