IGNORED

The Difference

Cardy

They had Billy Sharp as their top striker with 21 goals now this season. Our so called top striker is always injured/sick/absent and has scored 3 goals this season.

The other obvious thing is that Wilson is no way a left winger - he was way off the pace in the first half but much better at right back in the second.

We have to get a target man/goalscorer in & write Brooker off for the season (it is just one thing after another with him ATM) there must be a Latvian/Estonian/Swedish/Norwegian/Danish striker around.

I said at the start of the season we needed another 20 goals striker- WE HAVEN'T EVEN GOT ONE.

BCAGFC

They had Billy Sharp as their top striker with 21 goals now this season. Our so called top striker is always injured/sick/absent and has scored 3 goals this season.

The other obvious thing is that Wilson is no way a left winger - he was way off the pace in the first half but much better at right back in the second.

Yes your right but the problem is he was bought him because we lack on the left hand side of midfield. We already have 2 right backs in Orr and Keogh. By the way, can anyone tell me why Orr was taken off, he was one of our better players, unlike Johnson who was Awful again.

We have to get a target man/goalscorer in & write Brooker off for the season (it is just one thing after another with him ATM) there must be a Latvian/Estonian/Swedish/Norwegian/Danish striker around.

I said at the start of the season we needed another 20 goals striker- WE HAVEN'T EVEN GOT ONE.

BCAGFC

We're yet again desperate for a form striker to lead from the front and none was signed during the January transfer window. We were beaten by Cheltenham and Scunny as a result - I can't see it any other way and I'm now almost resigned to a play-off place rather than auto promotion. I'm off for another drink. :badmood:

Spot on; success and failure, fine line

True, but another difference was that their passing was better than ours. At Oldham everything found a City player and stuck like glue, tonight we lumped it back to them too often. 1st 10 minutes we passed it around and they hardly got a kick, then we went long ball and lost most of our threat :(

Not a lot of difference in the two sides tonight, thought we should have had a definate penalty second half and Betsy will never miss like that again, worrying for me is the continuing injuries to our strikers, thought we should have signed an out and out striker instead of players who can so say play in any position

True, but another difference was that their passing was better than ours. At Oldham everything found a City player and stuck like glue, tonight we lumped it back to them too often. 1st 10 minutes we passed it around and they hardly got a kick, then we went long ball and lost most of our threat :(

I take it you never saw the pitch? Disgrace, was no better than a school pitch, thats the reason they are up there, Teams like Forest and City cant play there game on that cowfield. Its a massive leveler.

The reality is we went 18 games unbeaten. The fact is now we are 6 points off of top spot, and ONLY 5 off of being the other side of the playoffs!

win the game in hand over the team at the top, and we are 3 points off top spot and 8 points of being the other side of the playoffs

You cant blame the pitch, the ref, the weather. Fact is to be promoted ya gotta beat whoever is in front, in whatever weather, and whatever state of the pitch. We didnt........sadly.

The players are being distracted by a cup run, gettin tired by said run.it shows. too many went AWOL second half. We have to deal with it.

This is going to sound awful, but the difference tonight was that they won and we lost. If we'd somehow pinched that game one-nil, we wouldnt be hearing about how great Billy "diver" Sharp was or how solid their back line was, we'd be praising another battling, lively performance by City. Despite a pitch which resembled no-mans land in the middle of the Somme, we managed to put together some good, attacking football and showed the in-form league leaders that we were a match for them. It was only a few weeks ago we spanked Oldham three-nil, and we werent moaning about Brian Wilson/lack of strikers/lack of comittment then were we ?

Although, you wouldnt believe it sometimes (especially when reading this forum) football isnt black and white. Its all just shades of grey. We're not the worlds best team when we beat Oldham. We're not the worlds worst when we lose to S****horpe. Wasn't it Ashley Cole who said we should be "glad to be grey" ? (allegedly) Just put that down to a tough game against the leagues top side and get on with it. We've got plenty more tough games to come.

This is going to sound awful, but the difference tonight was that they won and we lost. If we'd somehow pinched that game one-nil, we wouldnt be hearing about how great Billy "diver" Sharp was or how solid their back line was, we'd be praising another battling, lively performance by City. Despite a pitch which resembled no-mans land in the middle of the Somme, we managed to put together some good, attacking football and showed the in-form league leaders that we were a match for them. It was only a few weeks ago we spanked Oldham three-nil, and we werent moaning about Brian Wilson/lack of strikers/lack of comittment then were we ?

Although, you wouldnt believe it sometimes (especially when reading this forum) football isnt black and white. Its all just shades of grey. We're not the worlds best team when we beat Oldham. We're not the worlds worst when we lose to S****horpe. Wasn't it Ashley Cole who said we should be "glad to be grey" ? (allegedly) Just put that down to a tough game against the leagues top side and get on with it. We've got plenty more tough games to come.

says it all really :clapping:

The pitch had a major bearing on the match and tatics used. I think you would struggle to get any side to look good on that surface. :yes:

you had to see it to believe it.

on the way home even the local radio said it was a disgrace. when they interviewed billy sharpe he even commented how bad it was.

It affected our game considerably last night. As we tried to pass it around, the pitch was dragging the ball and slowing it down.

Archived