IGNORED

Scunthorpe 1 - 0 Bristol City

Jay

City look to Iron out the creases.

Travelling more in hope than expectation has been common practice for me this season and another defeat by the narrowest margin confirmed Citys credentials as the nearly men of the first two thirds of the season and another 310 miles on the car!.

Full report

Quite generous with the marks there BB. For me, McAllister would be a 5, so

would Skuse and Wilson just about worthy of a 4. I didn't see Wilson at the Oldham game, so what I've seen from him has been pretty woeful. I just pray

he is settling in and has a lot more to offer than what he has produced so far.

I think we have to be minfull of the fact that we were playing the League Leaders away from home.Wilsons performance at Oldham was very good although the two since were not so and Scott Browns admirers must be shaking their heads.For those that say he is primarily a right back I'd say that we didn't need a right back to exit this division, we did however need a left winger and that position is still, currently a weakness.

We all tend to forget that Skuse is still a youngster and, as such, will be prone to inconsistency.If he consistently acheives the level of performance he attained along with most of his team mates at Oldham, then he'll be gone soon enough.

Just watched the extended highlights and it confirmed my view that there wasn't much between the sides, apart from Sharps finish after we dozed off at the back and the referee & linesmans view of what contitutes deliberate handball inside and outside the box :disapointed2se:

Nice th hear that Jevo's available but Brookers continued absence could well be the difference between auto promotion and the play offs.

GJ's right about our set pieces.We're not attacking the first ball enough and we've got some big lumps in our team, plus the fastest forward line we've had for ages.

Just watched the extended highlights and it confirmed my view that there wasn't much between the sides, apart from Sharps finish after we dozed off at the back and the referee & linesmans view of what contitutes deliberate handball inside and outside the box :disapointed2se:

Nice th hear that Jevo's available but Brookers continued absence could well be the difference between auto promotion and the play offs.

GJ's right about our set pieces.We're not attacking the first ball enough and we've got some big lumps in our team, plus the fastest forward line we've had for ages.

There is BB, Scunny were hungry and well up for it. some of ours werent. As usual. careys (unessescary) booking was down to frustration, his screaming and shouting seemed to have little effect on others.

There is BB, Scunny were hungry and well up for it. some of ours werent. As usual. careys (unessescary) booking was down to frustration, his screaming and shouting seemed to have little effect on others.

Go to agree there Bucks.

As soon asI heard it was Sharps 21st birthday and he was looking to score his 21st goal of the season, I just knew that was going to happen, his TEAM made it happen :(

There must be so much pressure on Carey as Captain, both by the management and team but also by himself. He is 30 now, not getting any younger, the sooner he gets himself and the team to the Championship the more time he gets to play there?

Like Murray he has been here for years (except for a short time away), he's seen City fail more than we have succeeded. McCombe seemed much more composed last night, but he's relatively new to City and has 6 years on Carey.

I like Carey and he has on the whole had an excellent season, I hope he can find some ways of channelling his frustration and not let it get to him during the pressure of big games, as this has happened once too often now.

Go to agree there Bucks.

As soon asI heard it was Sharps 21st birthday and he was looking to score his 21st goal of the season, I just knew that was going to happen, his TEAM made it happen :(

There must be so much pressure on Carey as Captain, both by the management and team but also by himself. He is 30 now, not getting any younger, the sooner he gets himself and the team to the Championship the more time he gets to play there?

Like Murray he has been here for years (except for a short time away), he's seen City fail more than we have succeeded. McCombe seemed much more composed last night, but he's relatively new to City and has 6 years on Carey.

I like Carey and he has on the whole had an excellent season, I hope he can find some ways of channelling his frustration and not let it get to him during the pressure of big games, as this has happened once too often now.

Until City PLAY for the majority of the game theres always going to be a risk of him flaring up Em. Look at Scotty last night, well up fer it, smiling, chatting in the earlier stages, and quiet and grim faced towards the end of the game. The squad REALLY have to look at themselves, and get some fire in their bellies. theyre fit, they CAN play some really good passing football, the goal scoring is quite well spread, but they aint doin it the whole game. Arny is right Scunny WERE there for the taking, specially when we went at em early doors, but the team blew out and Scunny knew they could win then.

Forget the crap pitch, the poor reffing..the goal was conceded by a casual attitude to defending, and we really didnt trouble their defence most of the game

Archived