IGNORED

Massive Attack

The Batman

saw them in Birmingham last night, absolutly quality. Sound effects and lighting was immense, and musically it was top draw.

Well done guys.

Only bad thing was their over the top political views, fair play for them for knowing a load about the conflicts, but to annouce summot at the end of each song was a bit OTT, as well as having signs during the songs.

All in all, fantastic entertainment.

It's a pity you didn't come to the AG8 dinner last week as Robert Del Naja (3D) was there. I think he suitably impressed BigTone's daughter who was on the same table. :)

BigTones Wife as well I'll have you know !!! Anyway, a really nice down to earth guy.

Rob, if you're reading this can you send them back please as I have no one to cook my dinner and clean.

saw them in Birmingham last night, absolutly quality. Sound effects and lighting was immense, and musically it was top draw.

Well done guys.

Only bad thing was their over the top political views, fair play for them for knowing a load about the conflicts, but to annouce summot at the end of each song was a bit OTT, as well as having signs during the songs.

All in all, fantastic entertainment.

Fair shout to Massive Attack for being a truely great band with a sound political attitude. I still reckon 'The Exploited' have the bench mark to beat with regard to political attitude - just look at their album cover below - pure class :worship2: ........

.....can life get any better than this with Thatcher close to death and me - bottom right corner - celebrating with my City v Gas Williams stand ticket for Wednesday 21st of Feb.....

exploited11800.jpg

Good article here on Massive Attack and their political views from this weeks Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,2006809,00.html

Hope they arrange some more live dates soon.

The following excerpt from the Guardian article.......

"you can hear concerns about security, surveillance and the creeping anxiety of urban living - a prophetic soundtrack for what Del Naja calls the "fear factory" of modern Britain."

......George Orwell in his book '1984' - written in 1948! - warned of the same scenario. It's something that should concern us all with regard to increased Royalist Gestapo Police surveillance via cameras and electronic monitoring. We are literally sleepwalking into George Orwell's nightmare vision of a Britain constantly at war and with its home population heavily subjugated and controlled by state bullies who have no democratic mandate.

A Royalist Police State Gestapo Policeman seen here with his speed tax gun........

2793341713.jpg

Fair shout to Massive Attack for being a truely great band with a sound political attitude. I still reckon 'The Exploited' have the bench mark to beat with regard to political attitude - just look at their album cover below - pure class :worship2: ........

.....can life get any better than this with Thatcher close to death and me - bottom right corner - celebrating with my City v Gas Williams stand ticket for Wednesday 21st of Feb.....

exploited11800.jpg

well you see..... that's where we differ OC 1645 .. Mrs Thatch v Tony B.Liar's Britian

I still say that Mrs.T is more Oliver than that Wanye Kerr Blair?

well you see..... that's where we differ OC 1645 .. Mrs Thatch v Tony B.Liar's Britian

I still say that Mrs.T is more Oliver than that Wanye Kerr Blair?

Thatcher and Blair have both sworn their allegiance to their Queen Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha they are, therefore, royalists. Oliver Cromwell was a sworn enemy of royalist tyrants as am I. :shifty: Thatcher's Britain and Blair's Britain are but different cheeks of the same royalist backside. :clapping:

God Save England from the Royalist Tyranny. :englandsmile4wf:

Thatcher and Blair have both sworn their allegiance to their Queen Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha they are, therefore, royalists. Oliver Cromwell was a sworn enemy of royalist tyrants as am I. :shifty: Thatcher's Britain and Blair's Britain are but different cheeks of the same royalist backside. :clapping:

God Save England from the Royalist Tyranny. :englandsmile4wf:

Ah but Thatcher was bigger than QE2 ......... and the royalists were fooled

Sworn enemy or one that truly pulled the wool as in TB

Maggie slept with her hubby like Oliver slept with his missus.. TB would only get into bed with somebody if he thought it would be for the better of TB............. ?

We differ but we are from the same stock. For England, For BCFC and Freedom

Sounds like you're of the 'Notsensibles' persuasion Dorset...but then they really weren't very sensible!

notsensibles9.jpg

The punk group 'Crass' from the late 1970's and early 1980's were far more - and unashamedly - politically motivated than Massive Attack or any other band in recent years to my knowledge e.g..........

"Whodunnit?" (Single, 1983, pressed in "shit coloured vinyl", Crass' response to the re-election of Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher). :worship2:

AND :rofl2br: .........

09429a.jpg

Archived