IGNORED

Car Drivers - Protest against more tax.....

Maesknoll Red

If she's not working then why is she driving the kids to school? Tax the selfish cow for all she's got.

Why??? Are you assuming she is claiming benefits? If she chooses to not work, and not to claim, just purely a life choice between her and her husband/partner then what's wrong with that? Just interested?

And back to the original point, by the time you've paid, tax, insurance, etc etc car owner ship will be a real luxury if this is brought in. :(

Why??? Are you assuming she is claiming benefits? If she chooses to not work, and not to claim, just purely a life choice between her and her husband/partner then what's wrong with that? Just interested?

And back to the original point, by the time you've paid, tax, insurance, etc etc car owner ship will be a real luxury if this is brought in. :(

She's clogging up the roads and adding to the obesity timebomb. If it's a lifestyle choice for her to stay at home and look after the children then I'd have thought she'd have liked to have walked the kids to school aswell.

Going back to the main subject and as somebody who chooses to use public transport when practical I'd be delighted to see cars taken off the roads. Anybody that travels into Bristol daily will see the lunacy of all these single occupancy cars chugging in and out all day. Nobody moves anywhere and sooner or later Bristol will start losing out as an economical centre for business as a result.

These measures will never come into force anyway. It'll be political suicide.

• Admin
She's clogging up the roads and adding to the obesity timebomb. If it's a lifestyle choice for her to stay at home and look after the children then I'd have thought she'd have liked to have walked the kids to school aswell.

Going back to the main subject and as somebody who chooses to use public transport when practical I'd be delighted to see cars taken off the roads. Anybody that travels into Bristol daily will see the lunacy of all these single occupancy cars chugging in and out all day. Nobody moves anywhere and sooner or later Bristol will start losing out as an economical centre for business as a result.

These measures will never come into force anyway. It'll be political suicide.

So how about those of us who work shifts, that start or end when there is no public transport? those of us that like to drive to follow City away? ( or those that have to travel for home games)

I like to go fishing, no public transport to the places I want to get to!!!

It won't stop at commuting if they manage to get it in..... and this government doesn't seem to too concerned about going against public opinion.

So how about those of us who work shifts, that start or end when there is no public transport? those of us that like to drive to follow City away? ( or those that have to travel for home games)

I like to go fishing, no public transport to the places I want to get to!!!

It won't stop at commuting if they manage to get it in..... and this government doesn't seem to too concerned about going against public opinion.

You know it won't happen because the big oil companies will put far too much pressure onto whatever government is in power.

What do you think should happen MR? Like you I'm forced to drive to work thanks to the service offered by FirstBus but my other half uses them daily and has to get up in the middle of the night to guarantee she is at her desk for 9am. This is purely due to the number of single occupancy cars on the streets.

As for travelling to away games just do what Robbored does and start supporting Arsenal from your armchair instead! :innocent06:

• Admin
You know it won't happen because the big oil companies will put far too much pressure onto whatever government is in power.

What do you think should happen MR? Like you I'm forced to drive to work thanks to the service offered by FirstBus but my other half uses them daily and has to get up in the middle of the night to guarantee she is at her desk for 9am. This is purely due to the number of single occupancy cars on the streets.

As for travelling to away games just do what Robbored does and start supporting Arsenal from your armchair instead! :innocent06:

It may not happen as proposed, but phoney bliar and his cronies have a track record of putting up an idea that is very controversial and draconian, then quietly slipping in a variation on the theme, which hasn't such an obvious impact on folk, but still either hits you in the pocket or restricts your freedom, but they've conned the masses into believing they've done them a favour..... - how do you think they've managed to stay in power - bloody conmen the lot of them.

What should happen, yep, I'm with you on banning the school run, I never once had a lift to school, it was a half hour walk or 10 minute cycle ride for me, the traffic congestion is very noticably less when the schools are on holiday.

If the scheme was to be brought in ( and I'm against it) the fairest way would be to penalise the shortest journeys with the heaviest charge.

All depends on how far away the school is I suppose and how safe the route is. If the kids need the exercise drop them half way or let them walk when the weather is good.

I drive my kids to and from school, I admit that but it's too far to walk and public transport is poor. The school runs coaches but it would cost me £800 a year to use them, I can run my car for much less. And no they are not obese, infact if they did walk they'd probably fade away!

Yes I may be clogging up the roads, but not during rush hour on the whole and as I'm fully taxed, insured, small engine/low emmisions vehicle etc I have every right to be on the roads, more so than half the buggers out there with none of that!

There is talk of taxing the Chelsea Tractors even more, speed camera must be raking in a fortune too, the proposals MR talks of are yet another way to tax us to death.

Archived