IGNORED

chris weale

scrumpyfrizla

i couldnt make it to the game today(hides) but listened to game online. after bassos sending off, from the commentators words sounded like weale did a cracking job between the posts. did he perform well? and if so does anyone think he has a chance for first team games in the near future?

Was tested once, low save to his side, but no real threat.

Blessing in disguise perhaps.

i couldnt make it to the game today(hides) but listened to game online. after bassos sending off, from the commentators words sounded like weale did a cracking job between the posts. did he perform well? and if so does anyone think he has a chance for first team games in the near future?

Bound to be playing as Basso was red carded.

Well as Basso is probably eligible for the Boro game. And we all agree that league is more important, should we play Weale to get his feet a little more wet?

No, Basso is a legend a deserves to wear a City shirt! If Weale is as good as what some people think, I guess he will keep his place till injury or suspension! I am gutted for Basso, but admire him for what he did, he sacrafised his place to keep City in with a chance! Complete Legend!!!

Weale did this thing today that I haven't seen a city keeper do for a while

Catch the ball and then..........not

a) spill/drop it........which basso does on average twice a game

or

b) catch it, and then do 3 somersaults and a backward pike.

either way, he's no doubt a bit rusty after so long out an but he did a job and can't really complain, we all know he's a fairly decent keeper, so have no problems if Basso is out

PLUS

it makes the signing of Sean Thomas worthwhile for all those that moaned when we signed a 3rd keeper

He is ok up close but can he catch no and he is very good at getting lobbed from 40 yards

Hennessey - Goalie on loan early season

Watched Stockport today - Wayne Hennessey was immense. Saved two certain goals when strikers through, once with a superb reaction save (and he pushed around the post for a corner) and stood up when Boulding was clean through 1on1 and saved it. Caught every cross into his box two handed and never once looked like dropping one. Was mightily impressed with his kicking both from hand and ground and he distributed well to his fullbacks. He's just 20, was he recalled or...........

• SC&T Board Members

Pleased to hear he's doing well. It confirms that GJ had spotted a very promising young keeper when he brought him in on loan. GJ can hardly be blamed for the fact that he got recalled! .... let's hope his judgement has been equally sound in bringing Weale with him from Yeovil... now, at last, we will all get to see.

I for one am excited to see Weale get a chance. I know at Yeovil they always had two keepers rotating. I expect Weale to have a blinder and say "the job is mine". Our team can only be better if we have two keepers preforming. He knows how GJ operates and won't pull a flapper. It's his chance and even if he doesn't win the job I hope he tries to.

weales dad online

Archived