IGNORED

Clapping Basso when sent off?

brizzlenick

Why on earth were people clapping off ardiano basso when he got sent off, i couldn't believe my eyes. It was as if he had a outstanding performance.

This made up look stupid.

I was just about to post the exact same thing! Why clap a player off for being sent off? It was a MASSIVE mistake he made, there was no need at all for him to come out.

Made me laugh listening to the radio on the way home, can't remember who said it but they judged the sending off as harsh!!

I must admit Weale didn't look bad at all, kicking looked ok, only one poor kick. Good to see we have 2 quaity keepers at the club!!

Because he stopped a certain goal?

Got us a point didnt it?

2-0 down with 11...i'd rather have 1-0 down with 10.

He did help save us a point with that, in hindsight it was the right move. Thought it was stupid at the time though because it was blatantly going to be red.

I thought the ref was actually pretty good today.

He did help save us a point with that, in hindsight it was the right move. Thought it was stupid at the time though because it was blatantly going to be red.

Thinking back to the incident..

How did Beckett get through so easily?

Basso was exposed badly, the defence should take some blame.

From the Atyeo it looked as he'd been left exposed by the defence again so he was in a cr*p position anyway. Although he had to go and I'm not his biggest fan he's made some great saves recently that have kept us in games; you may not have noticed, but Matt Glennon (Hudds keeper) offered his sympathies to Basso when he got to the Atyeo penalty area.

I am a Basso fan! But he may have saved us a point by getting sent off, but what would have happened if he stayed on the line? The striker (Booth or Beckett i think) wasn't particulalry quick, Carey/ McCombe could/ would/ should have caught up putting the striker under pressure and leave Basso with what would have been a realistic chance of saving it!

Error in judgement in my books by Basso!

Guest MaloneFM
its pathetic clapping a player who has been sent off though.

Because?

I spoke to him after and he misjudged the bounce. He meant to chest it and then kick it but thought it was clearly going over his head so to stop a certain 2-0 and a lost game swang an arm at it.

Fair play to him for trying. I was on my feet clapping. If he had tried to break a players legs deliberatly...hello Roy Keen I havn't forgot neither has Alf Inga Haaland...then no clapping is not the right option.

``I am a Basso fan! But he may have saved us a point by getting sent off, but what would have happened if he stayed on the line? The striker (Booth or Beckett i think) wasn't particulalry quick, Carey/ McCombe could/ would/ should have caught up putting the striker under pressure and leave Basso with what would have been a realistic chance of saving it! ``

If thats the case why couldn`t they stop the goal when they were all closer !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thinking back to the incident..

How did Beckett get through so easily?

Basso was exposed badly, the defence should take some blame.

That's why i clapped him off it wasnt all his fault the defence were no where.also i believe if he didnt handle it it would of clearly been 2nil

So think its time for all of us to say oooooooooo basso oooooooooooooo basso

Good......never ever ever will be a quality keeper in mine and many eyes....

Watch the slating now........

I would say he almost made another "Boro howler" again today and i'm glad to see Weale between the sticks but not because i really dislike Basso because i don't but because i believe Weale will be a very good keeper for this football club.

I would say he almost made another "Boro howler" again today and i'm glad to see Weale between the sticks but not because i really dislike Basso because i don't but because i believe Weale will be a very good keeper.

spot on mate, said exactly the same at the time.

I'm not exactly a Basso fan, I like his attitude but I think his odd brilliant save papers over some serious shortcomings.

However I think it's very premature to say he's played his last game. Yes, Weale has been brought in to be our number one in the future but he is still young and after a very dodgy first few games Basso played well.

Weale will have a chance now to make the shirt his but he will obviously be very rusty so it will be a big ask for him, and need I point out that none of us actually know how good he is?

I would say he almost made another "Boro howler" again today and i'm glad to see Weale between the sticks but not because i really dislike Basso because i don't but because i believe Weale will be a very good keeper for this football club.

I just wonder exactly how many times you have seen Weale play, on which to make this judgement?

I just wonder exactly how many times you have seen Weale play, on which to make this judgement?

The fact he was extremely highly rated by Yeovil Town and the media at one point before his injury, the fact he had a trial at West Ham which was said to be succesful before he injured his knee, he will be a great keeper.

I have seen him on the television on occasions, he played extremely well against Liverpool a few seasons back despite conceding 2 goals, he is huge and he seems very comfortable, why you have to be negative i have no idea.

I'm not being negative, I was just trying to establish whether your opinion was based on you having seen him play on a reasonable number of occasions to formulate your own opinion or whether you were just repeating other peoples opinions. Personally I hope he is a great 'keeper but the only time I've seen him is today so I'll wait for a while to formulate my opinion.

Archived