IGNORED

I said it before, we will get nowhere with this man in charge

citytop22

I think he's a joke, he had a month to buy a striker and a left sided midfielder, we got some players in that can play here or there, which isn't good enough, he has bought 11 players since last summer and can anyone honestly believe we will go up playing the crap that is being dished up at present. We went on an unbeaten run fine, but our football apart from a couple of games leaves a lot to be desired.

He has made a mistake with his son(split the support) and today although we got a point ended up with no strikers

I still can't forgive him for the 9 defeats on the trot last year which cost us any chance of the play offs and believe when the pressure is on he will be found wanting

I think he's a joke, he had a month to buy a striker and a left sided midfielder, we got some players in that can play here or there, which isn't good enough, he has bought 11 players since last summer and can anyone honestly believe we will go up playing the crap that is being dished up at present. We went on an unbeaten run fine, but our football apart from a couple of games leaves a lot to be desired.

He has made a mistake with his son(split the support) and today although we got a point ended up with no strikers

I still can't forgive him for the 9 defeats on the trot last year which cost us any chance of the play offs and believe when the pressure is on he will be found wanting

Sort of agree..........TIME FOR YOU TO BE SLATED PAL........the pack of wolves will be out now

No your the joke, he is the best man for the job and this is the best we have had for years.

:bruce_h4h:

Gary Johnson is the right man for the job, he inherited a squad low on morale, confidence and high on big time Charlies.

We are still in the promotion hunt, FA cup and JPT.

He has also made a significant profit in the transfer market.

your chatting crap mate

He will be foiund wanting eh? Just like he and his son were at Yeovil when the promotion pressure came?

We are five points off the top, we outplayed a championship team away and a premiership team at home. We are a good team, we've played badly for the last three games. We played well for the previous 19...

If we don't finish in the playoffs Johnson should go, but how you can be so negative with such a long way to go in the season astounds me, especially while we're in such a strong position.

Holding grudges from seasons past is a big mistake IMO

You make me sick.

19 matches unbeaten and I bet you were clapping with joy. Now 3 bad matches and you find it as an excuse to

###### moan, not every team wins EVERY match, if you want constant winning support chelsea, or man u, etc.. and not even them win every single match.

fact is, even if we lost every single match we played in the season, you stilll should stick by your club and it's choosen manager, regardless.

(and I, and alot of others, thought he did well in the transfer period)

GENIUSATWORK I think not Support your team or move on :disapointed2se:

You make me sick.

19 matches unbeaten and I bet you were clapping with joy. Now 3 bad matches and you find it as an excuse to

###### moan, not every team wins EVERY match, if you want constant winning support chelsea, or man u, etc.. and not even them win every single match.

fact is, even if we lost every single match we played in the season, you stilll should stick by your club and it's choosen manager, regardless.

the bloke is on a wind up, probs gas (if not he should be)

Who knows what the season's end will bring.

GJ said, when joining Yeovil, that they were a 2nd Div team (League 1) playing in the Conference. He guided them to where they should have been.

GJ said, when leaving Yeovil, that he had taken Yeovil as far as he could.

When he left, Yeovil were struggling in L1 and without the dedication of Steve Thompson Yeoil could easily have fallen back into that Division just above the Conference that teams like the Gas are stuck in. Russell Slade has taken Yeovil further than GJ could have done.

In short, I think GJ is not the Messiah people like to think he is. The fact is, City were in such a mess when GJ joined, even Ian Atkins could have imporoved the team's position.

:)

S

embrassing

No your the joke, he is the best man for the job and this is the best we have had for years.

:bruce_h4h:

Time will tell and the end of the season is the time to judge.

In order to be the best-and my concern is that we are not playing as well as we were under GJ at the end of last season-we'll need to finish at least second and, based on our performances thus far this season, I would say,we won't.

Whilst a JPT win would be nice, as would an eye catching win over Boro, coupled by another win against WBA-If we're still in this poxy division next season, we'll still be getting 11,000 crowds in an aging ground and be just as well off as we were almost ten years ago.

GJ said, when joining Yeovil, that they were a 2nd Div team (League 1) playing in the Conference. He guided them to where they should have been.

When he left, Yeovil were struggling in L1 and without the dedication of Steve Thompson Yeoil could easily have fallen back into that Division just above the Conference that teams like the Gas are stuck in. Russell Slade has taken Yeovil further than GJ could have done.

In short, I think GJ is not the Messiah people like to think he is. The fact is, City were in such a mess when GJ joined, even Ian Atkins could have imporoved the team's position.

S

The best post on this thread

I can't believe this to be honest. You say things like "we went on an unbeaten run fine" :ranting:

Yeah, NINETEEN games unbeaten... 1 game shy of an all time record!

Did you even post during that run or have you been storing it up until we've had a wobble? He made a mistake with LJ?! Are you even aware of how many important goals that kid has scored recently?

You can't forgive him for last year?! So you'd prefer to slate him now when for the first time since John Ward we've had a committed and hard working bunch of players and no pisshead/big time charlie culture at the club?

It's like you want him to fail just to prove yourself right! Ridiculous!

For the record, I don't believe GJ is the messiah but he's the best manager we've had in a pretty long time...

You make me sick.

And this is the problem. We all loved the run unbeaten - but after watching City for 34 Years I did not think it was champagne football - there were some good performances, some lucky ones and some awful ones - the run papered over some of the cracks and the selection issues. Trouble is you daren't express that view on here or you get hunted down. We don't need merchants of doom and despair nor to be need happy clappers with their rose coloured glasses. We need reality.

Doesn't matter where you sit on the GJ fence the one thing we all want is Promotion - the JPT and FA Cup can vanish up their own black holes - not interested - our performances do not really inspire me to think we can walk into the top two, maybe crawl into the top 6 - we all want an easier life than that?

We all KNOW we needed a striker and we did not get one - that is not the fans fault? Betsy looks good - did we need Wilson? GJ gets some things right and some things wrong - personally I think dropping Noble out of the team was a mistake - I would play him in front of LJ and that is not my anti-nepotistic voice speaking.

We are a good team, we've played badly for the last three games. We played well for the previous 19...

We havnt played well all season apart from a couple of games.

Lets not forget that during the 18 game unbeaten run we drew with a lot of teams that a promotion chasing side should have beaten and also had to come from behind in a lot of those games.

This is a very poor division this season and if we are honest we have flattered to deceive at times. If Southend and Colchester were in this division this season and not last we would already be playing for a play-off spot and not still have a chance of automatic.

Gary Johnson is the right man for the job, he inherited a squad low on morale, confidence and high on big time Charlies.

We are still in the promotion hunt, FA cup and JPT.

He has also made a significant profit in the transfer market.

your chatting crap mate

Well said................

If we don't get promoted I blame all the moaners..............

Our fans continue to be FICKLE.

Try visiting the Yeovil Town home end once in a while and listen for some negativity and slating your own team-you will have a job cos they don't do it.....

Their fans back them 100% for 90 minutes.

###### !!!!! get behind him!!!!

It easy to post the king of thing you have after three dismal performances. All I would say is we still have 15 games left and we know City are capable of going unbeaten for the rest of the season so you could end up with egg on your face with 'told you so posts' with 45 points still to play for.

###### !!!!! get behind him!!!!

Excellent shout, support Gary Johnson, support the team, support BCFC. I'm as fed up as everyone else with us only taking 1 point from the last 3 league games but we must support Gary Johnson - he's done a great job so far.

Who the hell can we possibly get to manage us that's going to be better than Gary Johnson? Who?

We're well up for promotion - still !!!! Still in the FA Cup and well up for winning the Paint Pot trophy !!!!!!!!

What more is Gary Johnson supposed to do for us? :blink:

Excellent shout, support Gary Johnson, support the team, support BCFC. I'm as fed up as everyone else with us only taking 1 point from the last 3 league games but we must support Gary Johnson - he's done a great job so far.

Who the hell can we possibly get to manage us that's going to be better than Gary Johnson? Who?

We're well up for promotion - still !!!! Still in the FA Cup and well up for winning the Paint Pot trophy !!!!!!!!

What more is he supposed to do? Sort out the NHS crisis, reorganise the Home Office, properly manage immigration, clear third world debt and remove poverty and suffering.

But those problems pail into insignificance if he can't secure promotion!

Gary's biggest problem isn't managing the team, it's managing fans expectations.

He will be foiund wanting eh? Just like he and his son were at Yeovil when the promotion pressure came?

We are five points off the top, we outplayed a championship team away and a premiership team at home. We are a good team, we've played badly for the last three games. We played well for the previous 19...

If we don't finish in the playoffs Johnson should go, but how you can be so negative with such a long way to go in the season astounds me, especially while we're in such a strong position.

Holding grudges from seasons past is a big mistake IMO

All good points RH, but I have to disagree with the fact you thought we played well for the previous 19, I think we played well for maybe 4 or 5 games maximum in that run, and even then I think I'm being generous. One last thing, I know a few people on here are not too happy playing in all the cup games etc, but, Please Please Please let us absolutely hammer the Sags, that would put a masive smile on my face, (and thousands of others) and maybe just maybe that could bring the start of the turnaround we badly need.

Come on You Reds !!!!

so if you think you are a geniusatwork then who would you have bought in the transfer window?

that is if the clubs wanted to get rid of them and the player wanted to come to the west country and

the price was right and that he agreed terms of the contract and that he wasn't going to disrupt things

and not a boozer and likes to go out to clubs etc etc etc etc

so the 18 games unbeaten this season wont change your mind either.

S

The first point, you are correct.

The second, he didn't say that, although he may have implied it, whichever he has already been proven wrong.

The third, we certainly were struggling when he left, in fact I think he knew he had signed a poor squad with some serious money (by our standards) wasted on a player who turned out to be very different from what he thought he was getting. When Lansdowne made his move GJ must have bit his hand off. He could leave us saying 'look where I have taken you' while getting out without his reputation being harmed by a relegation battle.

If I am honest even now I am not sure about him, one day I think he is a great manager the next I think he has lost the plot. Looking back we nearly blew our last promotion but he pulled it round, so I tend to lean towards him getting you up, but...

Re the Atkins comment, how's the treatment, have they changed your medication recently ;-)

Ever thought of changing your username?

I don't agree with everything Johnners has done, far from it, and have said so, in terms of the Stewart saga, loan signings and tactics earlier in the season. But to just completely write him off is a nonsense. As things stand, in his first full season in charge, he has us attacking 3 different competitions in February. It's a long time since we could say that.

For me, the jury is still out on Johnners, and will be until the end of the season. That may be sitting on the fence, but at least I aint going to have egg on my face. If he takes us up, he's a hero, if he doesn't, he's just another failure. Let's wait and see which is the case.

embrassing.

beleive we actually finished the game with Wayne Andrews on the pitch

mistake with his son, spltting the support? a small number of fans don't like LJ, the rest see that he has had the most assists of any city player this season and that he has 3 goals so far, for more than any other central midfield this season and in the last couple of seasons.

you can't get post the 9 losses in a row? how about he 18match unbeaten run from this season, last season we were close to making the play-offs because of the good work Johnson did and because of the excellent team he put together, if you want to look at a reason why we missed the play-offs last season......Brian Tinnion and his dreadful signings and his poor tactics and team selection. Any manager coming into the club after a 7-1 defeat at Swansea was going to have problems.

as for dealing with the pressure, he's dealt with Pressure management dealing with 2 Promotion in 3 SEASONS.

genuisatwork? is that one of those ironic names?

The Club we support is Bristol City, Bristol City are a third divison team with the potential to be a second divison team. GJ is our manager, and the reason why he is our manager is because he is not the World's greatest manager however he is a good manager for our level which is 3rd division. the players play at this level for a reason, that is why Chelsea and Man Utd etc do not often buy players from our team/divison.

Our un-beaten run was a mix of good performances and some bad performances where we scrapped a result, we were not the best team in the league/World at that time and also we are now also not the worst team, teams win, teams lose games during the course of a season, some weeks they play well some weeks bad, the level of football that we watch is generally poor football.

This is not a negative post, this is fact, as long as the players give 100% to the cause we can not ask for any more, there are teams worse to support, m mate is a West Ham fan!

Archived