IGNORED

Our best starting 11

potbelly

Agree with yours too!

I would also like to make room for Keogh and Noble.

keogh has the heart of a lion, noble was excellent against Boro after being out for so long, imagine how well he would do with a good run?

I`m a big fan of little johnson and wouldn`t drop him on y=the basis that i don`t think we have another player that reads the game as well as he does.

Skuse has a great engine and does so much of the breaking up and ugly work, he would be hard to drop on current form.

Scotty deserves to play in his best position, when he is played on the left we have no cover for Mac who has had very little cover or help all season which may be a contributing factor in his card count.

Betsy looks ok at this level but no more and he isn`t a striker. His best position is wide right but you can`t play two people there.

We have always been too ready to play people out of position rather than drop them.

The wide left is the case in point.

I can`t lose the niggle that Jevo is going to come good. He is a confidence player and his past record shows that he can do it at this level.

Wilson looked superb on his home debut playing at right back. He linked well with Scott and put in some good crosses. He would also give our midfield another option.

Basso

Orr

Carey

McCombe

McAllister

Betsy

Skuse

Noble

Murray

Brooker

Showumni

Subs: Weale, Keogh, Johnson, Wilson, Jevons

All the criticism towards Lee Johnson is ridiculous (he's got our highest amount of assists), but I'd like to see Noble given a go. Perhaps put Andrews or Myrie-Williams on the bench instead of Wilson.

GK: Basso (although Weale has a chance to change a few opinions)

RB: Orr

LB: McAllister

CB: Carey

CB: McCombe

RW: Murray

LW: Betsy

CM: Skuse

CM: Johnson

CF: Brooker

CF: Showunmi

S1: Weale

S2: Fontaine

S3: Noble

S4: Wilson (probably good enough to start but versatility from the bench is a must)

S5: Jevons

This leaves out Keogh,Woodman, Russell, Myrie-Williams and Andrews which surely shows we have got a strong enough squad and that this current blip is just that.

Regardless of injuries,suspensions etc this is, for what it`s worth, my idea of our best starting 11.

.....Weale

Wilson...Carey..McCombe..McCalister

Murray..Johnson..Skuse..Enoch

..........Brooker...Jevons

I think this team is spot on......

Subs: Noble, Andrews, Myrie-Williams, Basso and Keogh

so bradley orr, a solid performer who always gives 100%, would be dropped from the 16 man squad?

may i ask why?

Harsh, but he's not a right back-cannot cross a ball, is poor going forward and his distribution is awful. Wilson would be a better option.

Poor old Woodman can do all of the above and he's nowhere to be seen.

GK: Basso

RB: Wilson

LW: M. Willams

CM: Keogh (not his natural position but we're crying out for someone to win the ball in the middle of the park)

CM: Noble

S2: Skuse

S3: Johnson

S4: Betsy

In considering our best 11, its interesting to look at the statistics and see who has been playing when the team has achieved its best results. The two best players this season, in terms of the results that has achieved in the matches that they have started are:

Jennison Myrie Williams: started 19, W13 D3 L3

and

Alex Russell: started 17, W10 D7 L0

Close behind are Jamie McCombe, Scott Brown (!) and Richard Keogh. Of the regular starters, the one with the worse record by far is Bradley Orr, who has started 22, W8 D8 L6.

The fact is that we still have not lost a match that Alex Russell has started this season, and we have won over two-thirds of the games that Jennison has started. To me that says that we are more robust with a 'midfield general' and we are likely to win more games with a bit of flair on the left wing!

"CM: Keogh (not his natural position but we're crying out for someone to win the ball in the middle of the park)".

I've started to wonder if this might be worth a go, too.

Let's face it, teams are walking through the centre of our midfield and we're not the best there aerially, either.

Keogh has the heart of a lion, tackles as if his life depends on it and is mobile. He may not be the best user of the ball, but as long as he is encouraged to give it simple or play percentages, I think it is worth a go, certainly in the tough away games coming up.

I'd probably go for:

--------------Johnson------------------

Johnson Johnson Johnson Johnson

Johnson Johnson Johnson Johnson

-------------- Johnson------------------

-------------Johnson--------------------

but what do I know? :):unsure::bonkers::devil::doh:

-----------basso---------------

orr----Butler---carey----woodman

murray----russel----noble----McAllister

--------Enoch---Brooker----

post-1285-1171308968.jpg

RB: Keogh

LB: Woodman (though I suspect I'm alone in this)

LW: McAllister

CM: Russell

S4: Orr

Not seen enough of Wilson, Betsy or Andrews to properly comment.

RB: Wilson

LW: M. Willams

CM: Keogh (not his natural position but we're crying out for someone to win the ball in the middle of the park)

S4: Betsy

Definately intrestin Keogh would be surprisingly good in that position I reckon

------------------basso-----------------------

---keogh---carey---mccombe---mcallister---

-------------------skuse-------------------------