IGNORED

Alledgedly

dezgimed

I heard a rumour yesterday that GJ wants to off load Brooker, it came from a friend who always seems to be in the "know" but if that is or not true while at the the club we must use him, he is by far our best striker.

The club line is that he has a cold ! What have he got bird flu , there do seem something going on.

It reminds me of the Scott Browm situation the lad was on top form then he never played for us again, the club said he broke his leg which turned out he never, he got sold to Cheltenham and broke his leg playing against us!

As I have posted on another thread, he left the ground with Partridge about 25 mins before kick off. Perhaps he was going to watch Team Bath play?

I wish you tw*ts who post on here would get your facts right first, :disapointed2se:

Brooker and Partridge watched the whole match from the Williams stand

fact for the players mouth brooker,partridge,fontain,woodman,williams were all together before the game yesterday brooker said he has had a virus this week and hopes to be back next saturday ,spoke to partridge this morning and he,s been telling me how all the players are good mates [did see that last week with scott brown]

I heard a rumour yesterday that GJ wants to off load Brooker, it came from a friend who always seems to be in the "know" but if that is or not true while at the the club we must use him, he is by far our best striker.

The club line is that he has a cold ! What have he got bird flu , there do seem something going on.

It reminds me of the Scott Browm situation the lad was on top form then he never played for us again, the club said he broke his leg which turned out he never, he got sold to Cheltenham and broke his leg playing against us!

Ah, I see the similarity. We will sell Brooker to someone, he'll come back and play against us, catch a cold when running by one of his own players who sneezes just at that moment, and have to be stretchered off with a box of tissues and a glass of lemsip.

fact for the players mouth brooker,partridge,fontain,woodman,williams were all together before the game yesterday brooker said he has had a virus this week and hopes to be back next saturday ,spoke to partridge this morning and he,s been telling me how all the players are good mates [did see that last week with scott brown]
sounds like another big player Mr johnson cant handle :laugh:

120 views but now you've all gone quiet?

Come on, someone must have the bottle..

I'll tell you what I think:

There are people on this forum that like to think they are in the know, not going to name names as I cant be bothered with a slanging match. A few posters are hiding behind the excuse of not being able to say anything on the forum. If thats the case then PM me with the reasons - I doubt I'll get a PM because its all a load of nonsense.

Certain people should not make smoke by starting their own fires.

I'll tell you what I think:

There are people on this forum that like to think they are in the know, not going to name names as I cant be bothered with a slanging match. A few posters are hiding behind the excuse of not being able to say anything on the forum. If thats the case then PM me with the reasons - I doubt I'll get a PM because its all a load of nonsense.

Certain people should not make smoke by starting their own fires.

spot on, a few people on here believe themselves to be a bit special and "above" the rest of the forum members, majority of the time they are creating thread after thread about the same little topics to satisfy thier own ego.

they know who they are

however there is NOTHING worse on this forum than the people who say "well I've heard something but I can't say it"

too many ego's not enough common sense, if there is something you know but can't put on the forum....don't bother hinting it, i hear various things but only mention things that are suitable for the forum and the audicence who read it, certain people love to get of on knowing little rumours and telling people they know something

spot on, a few people on here believe themselves to be a bit special and "above" the rest of the forum members, majority of the time they are creating thread after thread about the same little topics to satisfy thier own ego.

they know who they are

however there is NOTHING worse on this forum than the people who say "well I've heard something but I can't say it"

too many ego's not enough common sense, if there is something you know but can't put on the forum....don't bother hinting it, i hear various things but only mention things that are suitable for the forum and the audicence who read it, certain people love to get of on knowing little rumours and telling people they know something

We need to know what is wrong with Brooker, we knew two weeks ago Jevo would be fit for the Hudds game, so when will SB be back???

Something is going on, so if you know please put us out of our misery - the frustration on the terraces will only get worse, as was seen yesterday.

Quite right. But I CAN say that I heard yesterday from an impeccable source at the Club that Brooker has just been unfortunate with a string of injuries and illness and is desperate to get fit and playing again. Probably not as interesting as some of the things that people claim to have 'heard', but I have no reason to doubt the truth of what I was told.

Quite right. But I CAN say that I heard yesterday from an impeccable source at the Club that Brooker has just been unfortunate with a string of injuries and illness and is desperate to get fit and playing again. Probably not as interesting as some of the things that people claim to have 'heard', but I have no reason to doubt the truth of what I was told.

Why no updates on th BCFC site as there was with Jevo recently?

I wish you tw*ts who post on here would get your facts right first, :disapointed2se:

Brooker and Partridge watched the whole match from the Williams stand

As stated, Brooker and Partridge drove away from the ground in a BMW about 25 mins before kick off, FACT.

He may have returned later. I don't know this is also a FACT, I really don't know.

As far as #### are concerned you would surely know, but why so abusive?

• Admin
As stated, Brooker and Partridge drove away from the ground in a BMW about 25 mins before kick off, FACT.

He may have returned later. I don't know this is also a FACT, I really don't know.

As far as #### are concerned you would surely know, but why so abusive?

I can confirm he did return because I passed him (& Partridge) heading for their car when I left at the end of the game.

.....and just for RedDave, he recognised me and nodded at me as he passed ;)

Whatever the "alledged" situation might be, I seriously considered posting in January that it might be a good idea if we sold Brooker in the transer window.

I know it's sacreligious to even suggest this, as Brooker has often been our most influential player, but as far as I can tell, he isn't influencing anything if he's sat in the stands/ hospital/ Horfield every match day, as seems to have ben the case for most of this sdeason.

From Oct -Dec I think we all tended to believe that having maintained a strong position without Brooker and/or Showunmi, then when they returned to full fitness we would really challenge at the top. Having seen SB and ES play as a front pair at Coventry I believe that with that pairing most teams in this division could not live with us.

However, for whatever reason SB is not back in the team - for goodness sake, Darren Anderton is fitter than Steve Brooker just now! If we had sold him in January then GJ would have had to go out for a very good striker and in order to replace someone like Brooker would have been given all the financial support necesary. As it was, being knocked back by Holt and Lemon Popsicle was not the end of the world, as we always had Brooker's recovery to look forward to. At the moment I can see us looking forward to Brooker getting back into the team in time for the play-off's.

I am normally a positive poster, and might be bracketed with the "happy clapers" but the last month makes me think that we will be in the play offs rather than auto promotion. The main reason for this is our inability to convert possession and pressure into goals. At home games, the longer this continues, the greater the fans frustration and the more this frustration is expressed the more it puts pressure on the team - a viscious circle. 3 games with no goals, and when was the last league game when we scored in the first half? We are probably one of the best footballing team in the division, but as Scunny showed last week it isn't the best football that always wins promotion it's the teams that can get goals at the right time.

Whatever the "alledged" situation might be, I seriously considered posting in January that it might be a good idea if we sold Brooker in the transer window.

I know it's sacreligious to even suggest this, as Brooker has often been our most influential player, but as far as I can tell, he isn't influencing anything if he's sat in the stands/ hospital/ Horfield every match day, as seems to have ben the case for most of this season.

You are not alone with these thoughts. When he's fit & on his game, I'd start him every time. However, he does seem to be a bit of a sick note and that, to me, is possibly a reason why he didn't go in the January window - he probably wouldn't pass a medical.

I also have this theory that GJ is slowly shipping out the ones involved in the Romeo Brown's incident..... :unsure:

You are not alone with these thoughts. When he's fit & on his game, I'd start him every time. However, he does seem to be a bit of a sick note and that, to me, is possibly a reason why he didn't go in the January window - he probably wouldn't pass a medical.

I also have this theory that GJ is slowly shipping out the ones involved in the Romeo Brown's incident..... :unsure:

YOu could be right Jay. However, of the Romeo Brown gang, Brooker is the only one who realistically could hack it in the Championship, so perhaps GJ's long term thinking got the better oif his diciplinarian instict.

don't think theres any doubt about that Jay.

We all know Johnsons feelings about the drinking brigade.

I'm fairly sure that it happens in most club,s though.

meant to be playing in a friendly against Swindon and then same piece says may not be fit enough!!!!!!!!

Yep at the gate on Wednesday afternoon. It doesn't say not fit enough just that GJ is not sure if he will be involved yet.

Unfortunately looks like you could be right there

Wilson could be the replacement for Orr

I think its a damn shame all of the lads are important players who mean something to the fans(ok maybe not parto) lets hope Brooker comes back n pushes us on at just the right time

I know it's sacreligious to even suggest this, as Brooker has often been our most influential player, but as far as I can tell, he isn't influencing anything if he's sat in the stands/ hospital/ Horfield every match day, as seems to have ben the case for most of this sdeason.

From Oct -Dec I think we all tended to believe that having maintained a strong position without Brooker and/or Showunmi, then when they returned to full fitness we would really challenge at the top. Having seen SB and ES play as a front pair at Coventry I believe that with that pairing most teams in this division could not live with us.

However, for whatever reason SB is not back in the team - for goodness sake, Darren Anderton is fitter than Steve Brooker just now! If we had sold him in January then GJ would have had to go out for a very good striker and in order to replace someone like Brooker would have been given all the financial support necesary. As it was, being knocked back by Holt and Lemon Popsicle was not the end of the world, as we always had Brooker's recovery to look forward to. At the moment I can see us looking forward to Brooker getting back into the team in time for the play-off's.

What you say above is quite correct and we could have considered selling Brooker.The points I would make are these.

It's all very well selling him IF there's a buyer and there won't be many at this level who would want to take a punt on a player that's had problems on an off the field this season in particular, especially for the kind of money we'd want.

Even if we didn't want more than say £300k, there is the question of wages and he signed a new contract in the summer so that rules out all but Forest at this level and I didn't notice them breaking the bank in either window this year.He has not featured regularly or scored many goals above Div Three

Over his career he's been a 33 games a year striker and this season we've played more than that already.There is also thr question of off the field and, without wishing to rake over old ground, he now has two convictions and a jail sentence behind him.

GJ HAD backing in the window and couldn't bring in the striker/s he wanted or find a left winger.Players don't want to drop to this level and when you look at the fees that Bmth & Grimsby wanted for two players who, once again, have not performed above this level and are not really performing this season (Reddy makes Brooker look like an ever present!!) you can see the difficulty.

Simply put, we have the squad we have and Brooker, fit & on form is our best striker and our best hope of exiting this division.I'm not one for conspiracy theories although, if I was superstitious, I might think that the incident at Romeo Browns has cursed the players concerned.I just think the bloke has had rotten bad luck, illness and injuries-plus the self inflicted incarceration.

I am normally a positive poster, and might be bracketed with the "happy clapers" but the last month makes me think that we will be in the play offs rather than auto promotion. The main reason for this is our inability to convert possession and pressure into goals. At home games, the longer this continues, the greater the fans frustration and the more this frustration is expressed the more it puts pressure on the team - a viscious circle. 3 games with no goals, and when was the last league game when we scored in the first half? We are probably one of the best footballing team in the division, but as Scunny showed last week it isn't the best football that always wins promotion it's the teams that can get goals at the right time.

That's not a negative comment.It's factual.Constructive criticism isn't slagging off and it should be listened to, not just resisted however sensible & honest it is.

Well, Boro signed Woodgate and he makes Brooker look like an ever present and esrns more a year than our clubs total wage bill.

I've heard other people say that and there is also a conspiracy theory surrounding Basso & Weale.Since that incident Brooker has been made club captain and signed a new improved contract.Neither was he instantly dropped along with Brown, Orr & Partridge.

Orr had the Northampton incident, but also signed a new improved contract AFTER that incident at Romeo Browns.

I'll admit Scott Browns situation is an odd one and it could be that GJ got fed up with him getting injured so often and the same applies to Brooker.

Partridge was in GJ's first team at Brent and both he and Heywood were injured (Heywood's out injured again at Brentford) then lost their places to players who put together a much better run.I don't think Partridge has a future however, he does have a contract and he is on over £2kpw so isn't easy to shift.

GJ told me that all of the four had really knuckled down after the incident, so I think it's wrong to suggest that he's penalising them for that.

The same applies to people who tell me that he wants to replace Basso with Weale.He's had plenty of chances before AB was sent off.There have been JPT ties, cup games, etc, etc and he has continued to play Basso.Weales gets his chance and he'll need at least a good games to stay in the team.GK's are like the highlander.There can only be one!!.....Although, leave the beheading thing out, ay??

meant to be playing in a friendly against Swindon and then same piece says may not be fit enough!!!!!!!!

Brooker needs games and I hope he gets at least 45 minutes, a goal and is back on the bench on Saturday.

Archived