IGNORED

Why I'm Proud

GrahamC

Whatever happens in the last ten games (and what about a bout of positivity, eh? criticising Danny for teams he hasn't even picked!!!!), I'm proud of the way we've gone about this season, we have a young, honest local team that tries to play football the right way and haven't resorted to other team's reserve players to fill our side.

Who else in the league can claim to have fielded 7 players from their home town and another born in nearby Bath and still had such a successful season?

When I heard Aaron say the other week that he had known Tommy Doc since he was ten it brought it home to me that these are Bristolians representing OUR and THEIR club and they want it just as much as we do.

I honestly believe that this is the right way forward, and the days of signing injury prone journeymen such as Mortimer, Jones and Beadle are in the past.

We'd all love to see the next Marcus Stewart at the Gate (and maybe before he finishes, the current one) but let's get behind those in Red tomorrow and for the last ten.

Yes, and i was proud of Bray, Chandler, Economou, Newman and the rest of the youngsters who came in for the Ashton Eight.

We should be rightly proud of City's Academy and the club being represented by a large core of locals, however at this very moment we could do with a 'couple of other club's reserves' to help our youngsters out.

After all, home produced Big Kev., Aaron and Tommy, and possibly Matty are all out and to maintain our challenge for the top 2 places we need reinforcements!

Guest exiledred

good point. at the beginning of this season i was not over optimistic- with murray going i didn't see any progression from last year. here we are right in the mix at the top and about to enter what is going to be one hell of a run in. it will be nerve racking but also very exciting and i'd love to be celebrating auto promotion at the Blackpool game it will be fantastic

why not?

Still bleeding from play-offs last season.

We`ve played some poor football this year. The team is nowhere near as good as last years and DW/the team have done nothing to inspire me or take away the flat feeling i get this year, win or lose.

Guest exiledred

could be a lot worse! we are right up there with everything to play for and a very exciting month coming up. we need more goasl though!!!!

We do have a bunch of good Bristolians representing us, but er some of the others in the team are having what technical term can I use- mare at the moment.

Those Bristolians are the backbone, but they need help scoring goals to set their hard work up for promotion. Can you imagine the dressing room if the team fails again?? for lack of someone to take the chances, and pressure off their week in week out performances. It would be criminal to dash their hopes, and hard work, on the simplest of things.

Unless our strikers all prove me wrong in the next 9 games (I hope, and pray!!)

Archived