IGNORED

Blackburn chasing Lita

Loderingo

He won't move up north for Blackburn. Man U, Liverpool, maybe Newcastle perhaps and obviously any of the big London clubs but no way Blackburn.

Anyway, there's no substance to that article.

Our sell on is 30%.

IMO Lita will stay at Reading next season and if he does well then will get a big money move. They won't sell to mid table clubs because they don't need to and he won't be bothered about going unless they're in a relegation battle which seems unlikely. He will have to do more to get a move to one of the top 6 or 7.

I'm not positive but they usually are so I'd assume so.

Best way to look at it is that if he moves on that's another years trading loss wiped out!

isn't it usually "the percentage" or any future profit, either way........i f he goes for £8m, 30% of £7m? = £2.1m to city! which means we'd have had £3.1m for him, not bad for a player who personally I didn't rate.

Now where's that ashtonyate bloke?......surely this is proof of how the academy is rubbish? :innocent06:

some papers suggesting Lita maybe on the move in the Summer (Reading certainly do not need to sell though).

£5m being talked about as the value, would we get any of this? if it happened?

I saw him play on Saturday and whilst still being lazy and havin a poor first touch he does look the part at that level.

He does look like hes setteled into the Prem and doesn't look a bad player at that level, however I think it may be down to SC at Reading because the whole of the Reading team don't look at out place. If he does move then fair play to him and a big thank you for giving us some more money.

isn't it usually "the percentage" or any future profit, either way........i f he goes for £8m, 30% of £7m? = £2.1m to city! which means we'd have had £3.1m for him, not bad for a player who personally I didn't rate.

Now where's that ashtonyate bloke?......surely this is proof of how the academy is rubbish? :innocent06:

I'd point out though, that he can't move until the summer and at that point he will have only one year left on his contract. Although Reading don't need to sell him, they won't risk losing him for free and therefore will likely not be expecting £7m/£8m for him. I think if he goes, it's more likely to be closer to £3m/£4m. It's the same situation as we were in when we sold him.

But so long as we get something for him, that's all that matters.

If Ashley Young is worth £9.75m in this day and age, Lita must command at least £10-15m on that theory.

I believe we have 30-35% SO clause, which would be calculated on anything above £1m (i.e. Readings initial fee)

I can only see one of the top 4 having that money.

Liverpool anyone?

Archived