IGNORED

Vodafone

The Fat Controller

This isnt meant to be an arguement about which is the best network.

Is anyone on Vodafone and been experiencing problems over the weekend?

Ive phoned them up and they told me that "its a problem with the network and the engineers are working on it", however, i have had problems with my phone before - its the worlds shittiest phone - the Nokia 6280 - and was wondering if its just me?

*Hopes this post makes sense*

Ive phoned them up and they told me that "its a problem with the network and the engineers are working on it", however, i have had problems with my phone before - its the worlds shittiest phone - the Nokia 6280 - and was wondering if its just me?

I'm on Vodaphone & have been for some years. I've not experienced any problems whatsoever. Better still, the signal in my area has been a lot better in the past few months.

Ditch the 6280 mate - I know 4 people with them & ALL have had problems.

I'm on Vodaphone & have been for some years. I've not experienced any problems whatsoever. Better still, the signal in my area has been a lot better in the past few months.

Ditch the 6280 mate - I know 4 people with them & ALL have had problems.

Ive read very bad reviews, all reporting the same problems.

Problem for me is, i don't have the money to pay for a new handset, and I'm only 8 months in to an 18 month contract.

Bugger.

That'll teach me to research the phone before "buying".

I'm on Vodafone and I've had no problems with the network.

Mind you..... I don't have a 6280 :whistle2:

Excellent.

So not only do i officially have the worst phone in the whole wide world, but Vodafone are liars.

All the more reason to go in and demand compensation eh!

:innocent06:

Still can't send messages OR make calls OR recieve calls and i recieve messages hours after they are sent, despite having FULL signal!

Brilliant.

:ranting:

If mine carries on the way it has been much longer I will be demanding a different make/model.

I'm on my 2nd 6280 already, and went through three 6111's last year before I changed to a samsung.

Trouble is I like nokias and when they work theyre ace, but then there are the days when id quite like to break it into several pieces due to frustration.

If mine carries on the way it has been much longer I will be demanding a different make/model.

I'm on my 2nd 6280 already, and went through three 6111's last year before I changed to a samsung.

Trouble is I like nokias and when they work theyre ace, but then there are the days when id quite like to break it into several pieces due to frustration.

I know exactly what you mean. I had a Samsung once and simply didnt like it.

Nokia's are straightforward when they work.

I'm amazed that 6280's are still on sale.

Can i demand a new phone, being that it would be under warranty as well?

Ive read very bad reviews, all reporting the same problems.

Problem for me is, i don't have the money to pay for a new handset, and I'm only 8 months in to an 18 month contract.

Bugger.

That'll teach me to research the phone before "buying".

If you go to phones for you they will buy up your contract. They did for my husband.

If you go to phones for you they will buy up your contract. They did for my husband.

Ive not got an issue with Vodafone as such, its the handset.

Although, i have just been to Voda@Cribbs. Went in, explained the problem yet again, and the dude tryed my SIM in a different phone, suddenly everything works, he then tries it in my phone and everything works.

I stayed up at Cribbs for a while just in case it was another temporary thing, tried it half an hour later just before i left and its fine.

Ive just got home, tried it again, and i cant do anything again.

Could it be possible that there is a localised network problem?

No trust me its the 6280.

I leave mine off for like five minutes when it has its headfit, and then it usually works, or switch it off, count to 20 then switch it back on and do that a couple of times until it works.

Is it doing the same party trick as mine does where it cant get a signal, or it locks up? Can I advise you to get anything you may want off of it asap, because it will end up dying eventually if you ask me.

No trust me its the 6280.

I leave mine off for like five minutes when it has its headfit, and then it usually works, or switch it off, count to 20 then switch it back on and do that a couple of times until it works.

Is it doing the same party trick as mine does where it cant get a signal, or it locks up? Can I advise you to get anything you may want off of it asap, because it will end up dying eventually if you ask me. The problem itself is these things. a)i often don't get a signal in places (ie my house) where i would have had full signal before. b) when turning on, signal takes up to 5minutes to initialise. c) phone often displays that i have a signal, but wont call/recieve or send txt messages. d) recieved messages come through hours after they are sent, and only if i am lucky enough to have a split second or 10 where everything works can i send a message.... This is the third occassion that i have had a different problem with this phone, first the screen actually went, and i had to back it up "blind" and head down to Cribbs on boxing day, then when it returned from repair, damage to the speaker has been caused and i get echo/feedback on any phone calls i make/recieve. I didnt bother sending it away for the speaker problem as i cant do without my phone, although, i don't really have a choice with a basic feature such as calls/messages. Are Vodafone breaching the contract?

Fortunately you can back it up using a piece of software called Nokia PC Suite, which i do regularly. Trouble is, with being on call @ work, i cant be without a phone.

Vodafone@Cribbs only use Samsungs(i think) as Loan Phones, so i cant restore a Samsung with my details becuase it wont work with PC Suite.

I could manually transfer all the contact numbers, but that would involve standing in the Vodafone shop forever.

And just to take the biscuit, they don't have any loan phones atm anyway.

I made 3 calls to their call centre, 1st one said it was a Vodafone Network problem. 2nd one started to help then after 11minutes he hung up/got cut off. Started again with 3rd call and he said its a handset problem take it to your nearest store. If they charge me for these calls i will go insane.

I shall also be claiming back the cost of the number of days that i have been unable to use the service that i am paying for.

They even had the cheek to ask if I had a spare hanset to use in the meantime.

After having a while to cool down and think about it, I'm actually pretty pissed off with Vodafone.

Still, the amount of money i pay, the billing, the offers and general service ****il you get a problem) keeps me with them.

And like you say Marie, if it werent for the shittiest handset ever made, we wouldnt be having this conversation and IMO the sun would be shining out of Mr Vodafones arse.

Does anyone have a spare Vodafone handset, preferably with memory card slot they would mind lending me?

:handbags:

Try cleaning your sim card and connecting terminals with a damp cotton wool bud.

You may have a dodgy connection there somewhere.

Failing that.....drop it into the nearest wheelie-bin and say goodbye :tongue:

Did you see VBM's photos taken at AG on Saturday?

Cheers for the advice RLL, will give that a try. Would love to ditch it but I'm unfortunately reliant on it.

No, i'll take a peek after ive had something to eat.

I was on o2 and my phone got stolen...and they tried to make us pay the £800 contract bill (cause I had two contracts, and wasn't using one, so didn't realise it was missing and my window cleaner got it) and they went on and on at us...even when the police had called them twice, and their customer service was bad...

Orange are the best...:) But vodafone are okay.

How odd.

My phone was returned from repair today.

I brought it home, restored all the data, and guess what? Exactly the same problems.

Obviously I'm a little pissed off now.

So...ive been fiddling around. Ive noticed in Phone settings you can change the Network mode to either "Dual" or "GSM".

I believe the phone is set to "Dual" as standard, so i changed it to "GSM", it now works *touches wood*.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two and the effects on service etc etc.

Tar

Vodaphone......... I deal with them in a work context......

Good customer service....... well from a business point of view

Totally carp when it comes to the football team they sponsor

HEY VODAPHONE........ it would be nice to see you sponsoring a few other teams lower down the line too ....... or do they?

Vodaphone......... I deal with them in a work context......

Good customer service....... well from a business point of view

Totally carp when it comes to the football team they sponsor

HEY VODAPHONE........ it would be nice to see you sponsoring a few other teams lower down the line too ....... or do they?

Ummmmm....

Which footy team DO they sponsor?? ;)

6280 Worst Phone Ever.

Yet more problems with this piece of shit. I'm getting seriously peed off now.

Screen and/or software is buggered, screen keeps going blank or appearing in the wrong order.

This will be the third time it has been sent away for repair-as per Vodafone's policy. How many times does it have to break before they replace the goddamn thing.

Archived