IGNORED

City V Oldham

Dave L

and it might be worth mentioning, for those who like to come on here to get themselves ready for each match, that Oldham were genuinely fazed by the home crowd at AG last year. They were playing a game of containment and as they came off at half time everyone around me in the Atyeo started chanting "boring, boring Oldham" like they really meant it, and you could see in the faces of some of the players that they were a bit unnerved. You don't normally get the chance to see away team players getting edgy about home team supporters but that one sticks in my mind (o yes, and poor Dwayne - City are a bit over rated in my view -- Plummer who was absolutely terrified during that last LDV 3-0 win over Rovers).

I'd take a 2-0 win over Oldham again this year with pleasure

They had to be the most negative team I have ever seen at Ashton gate, they were deliberately falling over and staying down to slow the pace of the game, 11 behind the ball at all times and just generally not interested in anything other than a 0-0 draw. But then that player who used to star for us on the wing (can't remember his name - Murney or something) scored that wonderful solo goal, ahhh them was the days. :dunno:

Archived