IGNORED

Before anyone gets on Jevons back to soon!

BristolCity1992

Would just like the point out that he is not in the mould of a loan striker. In the first half he was decent enough however for much of the rest of the game we were very much under the cosh so to speak and Jevons was clearly knackerd by the 60 minute mark after chasing the ball up front pretty much non stop imo.

Might just be me that thought this but I cant fault him as he had no real chances in the second half as we were under such pressure. Just don't want Jevons to get to much stick just because he did not play as well as he can etc.

Gillingham cup game apart, I haven't seen Jevons have a decent game for City. I'm sorry, but he is playing above his level. He doesn't look a goal threat at all and if he isn't scoring, he brings nothing to the team. I've thought all along that all he is is a decent penalty taker. Looks like I even got that wrong

13 goals joint top scorer for BCFC stats speak for themselves

Jevo is not the sort of player who can play well as a lone striker, He needs someone like Brooks to play off of. So considering that I thought he did very well last night.

Jevo is not the sort of player who can play well as a lone striker, He needs someone like Brooks to play off of. So considering that I thought he did very well last night.

Enoch doesn't play well alone either, and from what I've seen of Andrews he's not the answer. So we either have to get Brooker fit or replace him. In fact it's so long since I've seen a fit Brooker playing well I've almost forgotten what he plays like!

I do like the lone striker idea as it seems to suit the rest of the team, especially Noble and Johnson, but we need the right player to make it work properly. I'm not saying any of the Strikers lack effort or commitment, and I'm not sure if Brooker is really the answer either if we tend to just lump high balls up to him which are easily dealt with by defenders in this league.

Never thought Jevo would have lasted the distance last night, just back from injury and playing loan striker against premiership defenders for 2hrs of football. :clapping: Obviously not at his sharpish,but made a lot of good off the ball run's, how do you think Noble was allowed so much room?

Would just like the point out that he is not in the mould of a loan striker. In the first half he was decent enough however for much of the rest of the game we were very much under the cosh so to speak and Jevons was clearly knackerd by the 60 minute mark after chasing the ball up front pretty much non stop imo.

Might just be me that thought this but I cant fault him as he had no real chances in the second half as we were under such pressure. Just don't want Jevons to get to much stick just because he did not play as well as he can etc.

I watched jevons a few times at yeovil last year and he plays best off a target man - brooker. But as brooker has been injured nearly all the season and with injuries to our other strikers, he hasn't had chance to develop much of a partnership with any one

Also what you have to remember that was only jevons 2nd 1st team game for about 4/5 weeks so he was bound to be knackered and did well to last the full 120 and still chasing every ball he could.

jevons does his best work over the top off the defence, down the channels and picking the ball up deep and running at the defence, he can't win many flick ons yet nearly evry ball he recieves is in the air which i don't understand.

He has a class first touch and quick brain, and when on top form which he hasn't reached yet imho he will shut up all the doubters and people who slag hm off each week.

Agree to an extent that we do not play a game that suits Jevons. In my opinion he looks pretty composed inside the box but how many clear cut opportunities does he get each game. You don't hear people moan about the amount of chances missed by Jevons because the chances aren't being created for him.

You could argue that a good player will create chances but Jevons is a poacher rather than a support striker or a target man and needs others to feed him in.

As for effort, i've seen nothing to suggest that Jevons doesn't give 100% each game and given the role he is given is not one he is suited too and the lack of opportunities he normally gets I don't think you can ask for much more.

Archived