IGNORED

Today's press

SE23Red

Adam Stones

Like a thief in the night, City stole the lead through cockney wide-boy David Noble after 23 minutes. Noble, who failed to make the grade at Arsenal, was once given a police caution for scrumping apples, aged 11, from the garden of a frail old lady.

Give him a break, he's still learning his trade. It's not his fault he:

(a) didn't use the words immigrant or asylum

(b) ask if it is safe to walk the streets

© mention Princess Diana

(d) blame it all on drugs

But I'm sure with the editorial team to guide him he'll make the grade.

Adam Stones

Like a thief in the night, City stole the lead through cockney wide-boy David Noble after 23 minutes. Noble, who failed to make the grade at Arsenal, was once given a police caution for scrumping apples, aged 11, from the garden of a frail old lady.

:shocking:

That's actually quite funny for you!

some great quotes from the national media

The Guardian

Bristol City save the FA Cup" is not a likely sort of statement, but Gary Johnson's skilful, defiant team breathed some fresh air into the old Cup's gasping lungs last night

Johnson is an undervalued manager but his stock will have risen after this effort.

The Times

The respective managers shared the best line of the fixture. "After something like that, you want to hug and cuddle every one one of the players," Johnson said. "But they were a bit sweaty and I'm wearing a new suit."

Southgate added: "I said to the players afterwards I was just glad they were better at taking penalties than I am," he said. "For some reason, they found that quite funny."

Just wish he would have realised that 11 years ago.

Archived