IGNORED

Middlesbrough 2 - 2 City

Jay

4 super goals
3 Missed Pens
(2 from Yakubu)
and Dave Partridge back in the team!

It is better to travel in hope, than not to travel at all and I travelled to The Riverside planning to enjoy the day. I agreed with the bookies who rated us as 8-1 outsiders although I know that in football you always have a chance...

Full report

Really excellent report BB, combining memories of the past, that I too have, after also supporting City as long as you. Thats the trouble with supporting City, when you're hooked you stay hooked, through thick and thin and it's times like this that makes us all proud (understatement), like the night we were at Coventry, absolutely magic.

Lets hope that this is finally the catalyst that brings the whole club and supporters together and pushes us on to the holy grail, PROMOTION. :city:

Really excellent report BB, combining memories of the past, that I too have, after also supporting City as long as you. Thats the trouble with supporting City, when you're hooked you stay hooked, through thick and thin and it's times like this that makes us all proud (understatement), like the night we were at Coventry, absolutely magic.

Lets hope that this is finally the catalyst that brings the whole club and supporters together and pushes us on to the holy grail, PROMOTION. :city:

Thanks for that and a great regret I have is throwing away.......yes throwing away, a Coventry shirt-Graham Oakeys-from a great night (also a 2-2 draw) at Coventry thiry odd years ago.I'd played football and trained in it and it go a bit worn so out it went. :disapointed2se:

It could have been auctioned for Charity at The AG8 Dinner :(

4 super goals

3 Missed Pens

(2 from Yakubu)

and Dave Partridge back in the team!

It is better to travel in hope, than not to travel at all and I travelled to The Riverside planning to enjoy the day. I agreed with the bookies who rated us as 8-1 outsiders although I know that in football you always have a chance...

Full report

I thought Murray improved as the match went on and was our best player in Extra Time. Can't see why he merits the lowest mark, and even less than Woodman (who made his usual pedestrian appearance).

Ditto here mate (1967/68; and born and bred in Kingswood as well; blooming frustrating our team will always be, a definate high yesterday though :Believe:

I thought Murray improved as the match went on and was our best player in Extra Time. Can't see why he merits the lowest mark, and even less than Woodman (who made his usual pedestrian appearance).

Murray worked hard throughout, but his end product, defensive duties aside, added up to one assist (cross) for McCombes goal.Compare that with a great goal and real threat in the first game at AG and the attacking effect he normally has on the game.I wouldn't agree that he was our best player in extra time.

You need to keep in mind that Woodman hasn't played a first team game for ages and yet he almost played JMW in with a cross/shot from the left of midfield and in fairness, we all know he's a left back.

glad to see mr orr finally getting the recognition he deserves!

I have been and still am a critic of Orr, but credit where it is due, he didn't have a bad game, especially as I feared the worse when he got booked for cything Downing in two early on. Thought he'd be off before the end of the game.

Nice work BB - enjoyed the report very much as usual. Rather than just trot out the stuff that the journos do you see things from a fans perspective - brings it all back.

I would challenge giving both Murray and Jevons 6 - whatever the scores IMO Muray was 2 better than Jevons but like the players no criticism on a fantastic night for the club. It's only mid-February - roll on Blackpool!

spot on (well it was 4 missed penalties).

I think we don't realize how important McAllister is to the team, the left side completely disappeared in an attacking sense the minute he went out.

Jevons and Murray didn't have the best games, but it was a great performance from the whole team and everyone made us proud. Not sure about Murray's part in the goal celebration that was a bit lewd (i.e. loved it)

Archived