IGNORED

Hurst Ineligible Against Us?

cheshire_red

If thats the genuine article, then thats it. A rule is a rule, not well perhaps it was, or it could be, maybe a grey area.

7 days is seven days, not 5 or 1, the ruling is precise. We have to appeal, and if the rules are worth a damn we should win.

These 3 points are huge, with things so tight between the top teams, it could be the difference between promotion, or another year in the sewer.

S****horpe bring in winger Hurst

S****horpe United have signed Kevan Hurst on loan from Sheffield United, reports BBC Radio Humberside.

The 21-year-old winger has agreed a three-month loan deal that will keep him with the League One leaders until the penultimate game of the season.

Hurst has played for two different clubs this season, meaning he was only available on an emergency loan.

He spent the first half of the season on loan at Chesterfield before returning to play for the Blades.

LINK: Clcikety Click

S****horpe bring in winger Hurst

S****horpe United have signed Kevan Hurst on loan from Sheffield United, reports BBC Radio Humberside.

The 21-year-old winger has agreed a three-month loan deal that will keep him with the League One leaders until the penultimate game of the season.

Hurst has played for two different clubs this season, meaning he was only available on an emergency loan.

He spent the first half of the season on loan at Chesterfield before returning to play for the Blades.

LINK: Clcikety Click

That link though says last updated Wed 31 Jan 2007, at 18.33, which would mean that they got him on deadline day wouldnt it

The S****horpe site clearly states he was an emergency loan signing, as he had already played for two clubs this season before signing for S****horpe on January 31st. I'm not clear about the rules on emergency signings. Is someone saying you can't make emergency signings within the transfer window? Anyone know the true position?

I doubt they have done anything wrong. When announcing the signing on their OS they state that it had to be an emergency loan as he already played for two clubs so that element is not an oversight on their part. This suggests to me that they are aware of the regulations so this transfer is unlikely to break them.

I would guess that emergency loans can be made during the window, and then from a week/two weeks (dependant on what you read) after it, until the March deadline. It would be good if the FL rules on transfers could be found online. I've not found them, has anyone else?

I doubt they have done anything wrong. When announcing the signing on their OS they state that it had to be an emergency loan as he already played for two clubs so that element is not an oversight on their part. This suggests to me that they are aware of the regulations so this transfer is unlikely to break them.

I would guess that emergency loans can be made during the window, and then from a week/two weeks (dependant on what you read) after it, until the March deadline. It would be good if the FL rules on transfers could be found online. I've not found them, has anyone else?

I've looked for the loan regs online and not found them before as well. I believe they're extremely convoluted and clubs have fallen foul of them in the past.

I am certain loans can be made during the window. There is a break after the window before emergency ones can be made again and a week sounds about right.

Not sure whether emergency loans are treated differently or whether they are simply loans that need specific approval.

I reckon if he was ineligible they will just fine them, I think it's unlikely they would give us the points.

Outside of the transfer windows, any club may still sign players on an emergency basis with the permission of their competition's governing body, ie the Premier League. (source: BBC SPORT)

i hope this helps as i don't really understand the rules of it either. :disapointed2se:

That's for the premier league though only i believe, because they shouldn't sign any emergency loans unless they really need too (with the permission)

Like when chelsea was left in the situation with two of their gk's getting injuries.

whether it is a RULE BREAK or not, exactly the same thing happened against against City few years back in the last promotion season, we played Fulham away at Xmas time and we lost 1-0, it turned out a couple of weeks later that one of their players who played in the game should have been actually supsended and Fulham actually knew this. Think it was Robbie Herrera?

The Ruling at the time was they got a fine and slap on the wrist, so regardless if he was an illegal signing I'd imagine there is no chance of a point deduction

The governing body of which ever competition a club plays in (FAPL/FL) has to be informed of any 'emergency loan application' and they have the final say on whether it goes through or not.

An 'emergency loan' cannot be used to cover for players that are suspended/banned, they have to be cover for injured players.

There was a club this season (or last season) that was denied an 'emergency loan' signing because they were trying to cover for a player that suspended.

BCAGFC

The club should contact the FA and complain. Forest Green Rovers did last year when Altrincham fielded an ineligible player and Alty suffered a hefty points deduction. It was a pretty unpopular move with the rest of the Conference, but they were totally within their rights to do it.

If one team can break the rules it's not fair on the rest who are abiding by them.

The club should contact the FA and complain. Forest Green Rovers did last year when Altrincham fielded an ineligible player and Alty suffered a hefty points deduction. It was a pretty unpopular move with the rest of the Conference, but they were totally within their rights to do it.

If one team can break the rules it's not fair on the rest who are abiding by them.

I agree with all of that if they have broken the rules. I think the problem here is establishing what the rules are to know if they have broken them. I'm sure someone at the club will have some idea (hopefully!) and will pursue this if there is a case. I'm doubtful that there is, but as Nibor says above the complexity of the loan rules, in part due to the FL having their own exceptions to FIFA and FA regulations, has tripped clubs up before.

This is all a bit petty isnt it?

Who really gives a crap, they beat us fair and square on the night and are rightly miles ahead of us in the promotion push.

You won't be saying that if we miss out on automatic promotion to them by 3 points would you?

If they've broken the rules then yes it is worth following up on

This is all a bit petty isnt it?

Who really gives a crap, they beat us fair and square on the night and are rightly miles ahead of us in the promotion push.

Its not as if Hurst even did anything worth noting.

They beat us with half their defence missing, enough said.

Oh, so this entitles us all to play inelegible players does it? If anyone complains we can tell them they are being petty and in any event the player concerned had a crap game.

Marvellous.

You won't be saying that if we miss out on automatic promotion to them by 3 points would you?

If they've broken the rules then yes it was following up on.

So they played a player a day or two early...big woop.

If we miss out by 3 points we can attribute it to pathetic home performances against Blackpool, Bournemouth or Cheltenham..

don't you want us to just go up on merit?

Reading this thread we look desperate and pathetic.

So they played a player a day or two early...big woop.

If we miss out by 3 points we can attribute it to pathetic home performances against Blackpool, Bournemouth or Cheltenham..

don't you want us to just go up on merit?

Reading this thread we look desperate and pathetic.

After 8 season's I'm desperate. :blush:

I suppose it would be worth a call from City to the FL to make sure it was all on the up and up. As long as we are cool and low key about it there is nothing we can get in trouble for. I hope City is aware of the "greyness" of the whole thing and asks the FL to investigate. 3pts off Scunny would be massive.

Archived