IGNORED

Short lived & with good reason?

Jay

I was chatting with a mate the other day and we got on to the topic of bands that had maybe one hit (not necessarily a popular hit at that) & then disappeared. We were specifically talking about the last 10 years or so during the 'manufactured band' boom. I can remember bands like E-MALE and UPSIDEDOWN that came & went in the blink of an eye. There was also that awful ONE TRUE VOICE that had maybe two hits at best. All of these bands were boybands .

Can anyone think of any others that came & went (deservedly so)? Surely there have been a number of cast offs from shows like Pop Stars, X-Factor, Fame Academy etc?

Viva rock n' roll. Viva true musicianship.

Repro-red, you are correct Babylon Zoo did do Spaceman.

80's:

Tiffany- I think were Alone Now (recently re-issued)

Toni Basil- Mickey

Doctor and the Medics-Spirit in the Sky (cover version)

Aneka- Japanese Boy

90's:

Dee-lite- Groove is in the Heart (quality tune)

London Beat- Ive been Thinking About You

Shakespeares Sister-Stay

The La's- There she Goes (quality tune)

00's:

5,6,7,8's- Woo Hoo

3 Of A Kind- BabyCakes

Nizlopi- The JCB Song

By accounts from an acquaintance in Worcester, the JCB Song is amoungst Nizlopi's worst work.

I'm sure if they had anything half decent then it would have surfaced though.

CHESNEY HAWKES!!!!

And a really disapointing one would be the New Radicals, who released "You only get what you give". I loved that song, so bought the album... Oh dear god!

I was chatting with a mate the other day and we got on to the topic of bands that had maybe one hit (not necessarily a popular hit at that) & then disappeared. We were specifically talking about the last 10 years or so during the 'manufactured band' boom. I can remember bands like E-MALE and UPSIDEDOWN that came & went in the blink of an eye. There was also that awful ONE TRUE VOICE that had maybe two hits at best. All of these bands were boybands .

Can anyone think of any others that came & went (deservedly so)? Surely there have been a number of cast offs from shows like Pop Stars, X-Factor, Fame Academy etc?

Viva rock n' roll. Viva true musicianship.

Fitting the criteria laid down........... I would like to nominate 'North & South' with their earth shattering nearly number one hit

' I'm A Man Not A Boy ' they really had everything even a geeky lad with Joe 90 glasses on keyboards

( ;) yeah I bet he could play em)

In time honoured fashion........ they should have been bigger as they were almost good compared to the rest of the cod around until you put them up against really talented people that is.

The thing is they did get their 15 mins of fame and I ,know of and have met in my time as a muso, many seriously talented people that just couldn't front their talent........ so hats off to 'North & South' .....gone and forgotten by everyone apart from me?

Forget 'Stings' Police 30th reunion world tour .......

I'm waiting for the big one 'North & South'

Search Results -- Singles North & South Position Artist Title Date Details

No.7 North & South I'm A Man Not A Boy May 1997

No.18 North & South Tarantino's New Star Aug 1997

No.27 North & South Breathing Nov 1997

No.29 North & South No Sweat '98 Apr 1998

Sinead o Connor "Nothing compares to you". Fantastic song and lovely words.

Not sure it was a one-hit though. The song was originally written by Prince &, if I remember correctly, Sinead had a previous hit with a track titled Mandinka (or similar). However, she did disapear...

Not sure it was a one-hit though. The song was originally written by Prince &, if I remember correctly, Sinead had a previous hit with a track titled Mandinka (or similar). However, she did disapear...

Well it is on the link to 1 hit wonders so maybe they mean because it hit no1. Although it could have been in the states I guess.

Archived