IGNORED

Not just for one game

redcityman

according to some sag..."I was speaking to a guy at work today who is very well known in local amateur football circles and who knows a load of people in the game locally and he bumped into Ian Weston a couple of nights ago and asked after relocation plans.

Apparantly it's virtually done and dusted that Rovers will relocate to Ashton Gate as Twerton needs something like £250,000 spent on it to bring it up to League standards.

The Mangos thing in the paper the other night is not being taken seriously (are we surprised ) ).

Don't shoot me down peeps,just passing on what I've been told."

sorry cant seem to get link to work..anyway it on the rovers forum.

keep em out or at least rental of £260,000 per season

what do we think? personally i will believe it when i see it.

the income can be put to good use, but would it offset the damage to the pitch with extra games on it, ohh daam i forgot the gas don't use the pitch :D

no doubt they'll wanna paint half the ground blue and take half the market revenue like they were proposing to do in 82,wouldnt risk it, nothing worse than having a cuckoo in the nest,you only need to ask bristol rugby club.

i can see the financial point in letting the b-lose-rs use the gate,but:

1. Emotionally it would be hard to take knowing the other mob are using our stadium.

2. They tried it when Eastville was,ahem, burned down and the support they received was abysmal.

on the other hand would their rental of the gate support a revival of the new stand?

According to Radio Briz this am there is to be an appeal against the planning permission anyway due to the fact that one councillor on the applications committee did not get a chance to vote against it - or somat

So no deals would be "done" yet anyway as a re vote may throw it out this time

I'm absolutely 100% opposed to the sags playing at the home of Westcountry football no matter what the finances are, we should be doing nothing to help them whatsoever.

I doubt the rumour is true anyway and even if it is the question of where the hell they're going to find £30m is still largely unanswered.

I'm absolutely 100% opposed to the sags playing at the home of Westcountry football no matter what the finances are, we should be doing nothing to help them whatsoever.

I doubt the rumour is true anyway and even if it is the question of where the hell they're going to find £30m is still largely unanswered.

Once again Nibor I find myself agreeing with one of your posts, especially the top paragraph, I don't want those sags anywhere near Ashton Gate, we shouldn't help them in any way, shape or form, especially after how they ended up owning Bristol Rugby Memorial Ground.

Archived