IGNORED

Bristol Clubs

cidercity1987

Can anyone give me some advice as the best club to go to in town on Wednesday night?

I'm coming home to see the Rovers match and we fancy making a night of it, but I've lost touch with where the best places to go are. We're just after a standard student night (mainstream, busy, cheap hopefully) preferrable avoiding the pissed up rugger types if possible. Are Oceana or Syndicate any good on a Wednesday for example?

Wednesday nights are a bit quiet these days. Went out a couple of weeks ago on a Weds night and Syndicate was shut along with Sports Cafe and most places on Corn/Baldwin St.

Must have known I was out :devil:

Down here Wednesday night is one of the main student nights because all the Sports teams play on a Wednesday then go out to celebrate/drown their sorrows. I known Bristol Uni is good for sport so surely a similar scene exist somewhere in town?

I'm hoping a few other City fans will be out and about somewhere after a quality game.

Can anyone give me some advice as the best club to go to in town on Wednesday night?

I'm coming home to see the Rovers match and we fancy making a night of it, but I've lost touch with where the best places to go are. We're just after a standard student night (mainstream, busy, cheap hopefully) preferrable avoiding the pissed up rugger types if possible. Are Oceana or Syndicate any good on a Wednesday for example?

chasers in kingswood used to be good years back. now its called soapy joes. crap name. towns talk still open? another place was at arnos court.used to be good.

There was a huge queue for Panache so we decided to go to Syndicate rather than stand in the rain. £5 to get in was a bit of a shocker but £1.50 for a pint of Fosters can't be laughed at. Even if they were watered down! Good dance remixes being played, busy enough so all in all a good pickmeup after the disappointment of the game.

We met some student freshers in there, new to Bristol who went to the game as well. Luckily they weren't put off by what they saw and said they'll go again.

Panache on a Weds is Propoganda, which is a decent Indie/Rock night..

Or there is Reflex, which is just classic in anyones eyes.

Syndicate is ok if you're into overpriced drinks and crap music i.e. Chav

Ouch :(

Had some great nights out at the Syndicate over the past year although its only really good when there is a event on.

Anyway where did you end up in the end?

Have not been to "Proppy" for ages but was a good night out and went there nearly every week for a couple of months but as with all clubs you get the odd dicks who want a fight.

I hung out with the "cool" group that knew the dj though so I was always safe. ;):innocent06:

Ouch :(

Had some great nights out at the Syndicate over the past year although its only really good when there is a event on.

Anyway where did you end up in the end?

Have not been to "Proppy" for ages but was a good night out and went there nearly every week for a couple of months but as with all clubs you get the odd dicks who want a fight.

I hung out with the "cool" group that knew the dj though so I was always safe. ;):innocent06:

He went Syndicate I think.

Wierd ive only ever seen punch ups in Panache, at Propoganda, must be summit they put in the ludicrously cheap drinks.

don't worry Syndicate aint too chavvy, I just hate all this modern music shite and one Saturday went there for Gatecrasher and it cost us £12 each to get in and about £3.80 for a pint..

Not been back since!

Jokers.

He went Syndicate I think.

Wierd ive only ever seen punch ups in Panache, at Propoganda, must be summit they put in the ludicrously cheap drinks.

don't worry Syndicate aint too chavvy, I just hate all this modern music shite and one Saturday went there for Gatecrasher and it cost us £12 each to get in and about £3.80 for a pint..

Not been back since!

Jokers.

I think but don't quote me on it that Gatecrasher the tickets were cheaper if you bought them early? The one I went to which was back in November I think it worked like that but we ended up going on the night anyway and paying 12 quid, to be fair if you are into trance and the whole "Scene" then it really is the best place in Bristol in my opinion but as you said it is over the top pricey sometimes 3 pounds for a pint seems the norm down Town now I think anyway. Speaking of prices, when we went to see Armin Van Buuren my mate had to pay 18 quid as he didnt have a ticket, but he is one of the top dj's in the world.

Anyway yeah I only saw a few fights in proppy when i went there but I'm usally to boloxed by the time I come out of there my mate works behind the bar and still wouldnt give us a discount. :(

So rocky my old man, where do you like to make "Shapes on the dancefloor?"

£3 a pint. Ain't been out in Bristol since X-Mas (due to not living there) but have got used to all pints being £1 in our SU bar, and in Fal itself the main club is free most nights and drinks are relatively cheap (everything other than double shots) are all about £2 or less (double are £3 I think). On a Monday it is even cheaper with all drinks other than doubles being £1.50. Really not looking forward to Oceana, Syndicate etc as apparently it costs about £5+ to get in (although have cards/membership for both so it's cheaper anyway).

£3 a pint. Ain't been out in Bristol since X-Mas (due to not living there) but have got used to all pints being £1 in our SU bar, and in Fal itself the main club is free most nights and drinks are relatively cheap (everything other than double shots) are all about £2 or less (double are £3 I think). On a Monday it is even cheaper with all drinks other than doubles being £1.50. Really not looking forward to Oceana, Syndicate etc as apparently it costs about £5+ to get in (although have cards/membership for both so it's cheaper anyway).

Oceana is ledgendary, was there last night although have no memory of it.

Bout £3/4 with NUS, never paid a fiver to get in.

Gotta stick to the 80's room though, the rest is crap.

Oceana is ledgendary, was there last night although have no memory of it.

Bout £3/4 with NUS, never paid a fiver to get in.

Gotta stick to the 80's room though, the rest is crap.

Oceana's good. If you like the Bristol version then try out the Kingston one sometime, immense.

The Ice Room in Bristol is pretty poor.

Archived