IGNORED

Hypothetical scenario

boadle

1 - Automatic promotion is a must ... and to lose so heavily as that to the Gas would mean that GJ had decided not to take the games seriously and played the youth team ... so no bragging rights for the Rovers fans!!

1 - I don't think the youth team would lose that heavily anyway (if at all) ... actually we might find out given the way injuries and suspensions are piling up!

Take your pick:

(1) Automatic promotion, but two hammerings (let's say 1-4 and 6-0) from the Gas

(2) Playoff spot, and two victories over the Gas (1-0 and 2-1)

(3) Just miss playoffs, but trounce the Gas (4-0 and 5-0)

Hypothetical perhaps, but unlikely. so my fellow shamrock lets have option 4.

4] Beat the Gas twice, any score at all, then automatic promotion on the last game of the season, any score at all, at all. Not only a little Irish but likely and enjoyable.

Take your pick:

(1) Automatic promotion, but two hammerings (let's say 1-4 and 6-0) from the Gas

(2) Playoff spot, and two victories over the Gas (1-0 and 2-1)

(3) Just miss playoffs, but trounce the Gas (4-0 and 5-0)

2 - i couldnt walk out my house or have my phone on if rovers hammered us by that margin, my mates from the darkside would masacre me!

Imagine the rovers fans being interviewd by HTV after, the reports in the paper, the ridicule at away grounds...........

It's a no brainer - option 1 all the way. Defeat would be a distant memory

as we lap up games against Sunderland, West Brom, Cardiff whilst they

scrape a point at home to Accrington Stanley.

Rovers scraping a point at home to Accrington Stanley? Unlikely, really.

It has to be number 1.

Promotion is the goal this season.....anything else is a bonus. If we have to watch the Gas play Donny whilst looking forward to life in the Championship, then as far as I'm concerned, that's a small price to pay. Come August and a Championship opening home game against West Ham, the loss of a JPT area final will be a very distant memory.

Archived