IGNORED

can't keep blaming players

mossey

once again I left the city ground feeling disappointed and abit baffled, disappointed that for all the possession we had we didn't create that many chances, and had hardly any shots, baffled by the tactics and substitutions, why take Noble off, when he adds abit of weight and muscle to midfield, and johnson was getting shrugged for the ball to easily and his passes were going astray,sounds daft to say but I think sometimes we try to play too much football, some times think we need to be abit more "up and at um" then I see that johnson snr is once again blaming the players!

Sometimes I think that he thinks that he's a better manager than he actually is, and trys to be a bit to clever with the tactics, perhaps Boro gone to his head, and he's got carried away with it all, but I think tonight and afew times this season he got it wrong, and it would be nice for once if he amitted it, and learnt from it, or it could cost us in the long run!

ps still wondering why we never signed another striker! that feels a bit better,but still doesn't make up for a dissappionting and poor local derby

once again I left the city ground feeling disappointed and abit baffled, disappointed that for all the possession we had we didn't create that many chances, and had hardly any shots, baffled by the tactics and substitutions, why take Noble off, when he adds abit of weight and muscle to midfield, and johnson was getting shrugged for the ball to easily and his passes were going astray,sounds daft to say but I think sometimes we try to play too much football, some times think we need to be abit more "up and at um" then I see that johnson snr is once again blaming the players!

Sometimes I think that he thinks that he's a better manager than he actually is, and trys to be a bit to clever with the tactics, perhaps Boro gone to his head, and he's got carried away with it all, but I think tonight and afew times this season he got it wrong, and it would be nice for once if he amitted it, and learnt from it, or it could cost us in the long run!

ps still wondering why we never signed another striker! that feels a bit better,but still doesn't make up for a dissappionting and poor local derby

Well perhaps he thinks he's a better manager than the players are players. In any event in his career he is feeling his way and trying to make his resume a little better each season. Thats just smart career thinking.

Sure some times he's got it wrong, and some times players have underperformed, thats football, thats life in general.

I would like to see a game without LJ and without Jevons, just to prove to GJ we can perform without ex Yeovil players. I would play Andrews and Showumni before Jevons who is just average for this division. LJ is great when we play with TV cameras at the game, almost like he was playing for a contract a little higher, away from fans who boo him. Why cant he be brilliant on a more consistant basis. IMO Noble is a better team player, and importently, more consistant.

Well perhaps he thinks he's a better manager than the players are players. In any event in his career he is feeling his way and trying to make his resume a little better each season. Thats just smart career thinking.

Sure some times he's got it wrong, and some times players have underperformed, thats football, thats life in general.

I would like to see a game without LJ and without Jevons, just to prove to GJ we can perform without ex Yeovil players. I would play Andrews and Showumni before Jevons who is just average for this division. LJ is great when we play with TV cameras at the game, almost like he was playing for a contract a little higher, away from fans who boo him. Why cant he be brilliant on a more consistant basis. IMO Noble is a better team player, and importently, more consistant.

still learning! but why does it take him so long to see what other people can see, Jevons isn't up to it, far to light weight, Noble and Keogh should be in the team every week, and that we've needed another striker for months now, I give him till chtistmas and one way or another he will be gone, either because promotion no nearer or he gets fed up because he feels people arn't backing him enough.

Spot on Mossey. This is Johnson's major weakness (or some may call it strength!) - he is never wrong. He ######ed up the formation last night, pure and simple. It was clear to me that defensively the weak link for the Gas was the Left Back yet Murray was playing in some continental style "hole" (or was it a balck hole?). Gary Johnson was the one giving it all the mouth before the game and he didn't back it up with his actions. The only thing he did get right was the inclusion of David Noble who looks a class apart from ANYTHING ELSE we have in our midfield department. He was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Overall I was really disappointed with last night. I got up for work specially at 4am and did 10 hours driving yesterday to make sure I could be at the game. And, yet again, we are subjected to 90 minutes of mainly drivel for the umpteenth time this season. But, hey, I am a negative supporter in the eyes of Gary Johnson so perhaps I should not bother attending. PS - for all you people who say get behind the lads (which I agree with) and they will perform - what happened last night then? Perhaps you have just learned that football is not that simple. What has happened is that we attracted 16,000 City fans, all of whom would be bloody useful on our run in but have put in a performance that is going to keep around 5-6,000 away for many weeks to come. Oh well!

As far as I am concerned, if we had scraped a 1-0 it would have been same old same old. But we couldn't manage it on this occasion and the decision to take Noble off instead of Lee Johnson, unless it was due to injury/lack of fitness, was incompetence of the highest order. Some on here mock the Gas style of football but ask yourself the question "Which team was knocking it longer last night?". It was us, not them. Rovers got and deserved all of the credit last night as they did the job expected of them. Whether they have the quality to finish us off at The Mem is another matter.

Spot on Mossey. This is Johnson's major weakness (or some may call it strength!) - he is never wrong. He ######ed up the formation last night, pure and simple. It was clear to me that defensively the weak link for the Gas was the Left Back yet Murray was playing in some continental style "hole" (or was it a balck hole?). Gary Johnson was the one giving it all the mouth before the game and he didn't back it up with his actions. The only thing he did get right was the inclusion of David Noble who looks a class apart from ANYTHING ELSE we have in our midfield department. He was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Overall I was really disappointed with last night. I got up for work specially at 4am and did 10 hours driving yesterday to make sure I could be at the game. And, yet again, we are subjected to 90 minutes of mainly drivel for the umpteenth time this season. But, hey, I am a negative supporter in the eyes of Gary Johnson so perhaps I should not bother attending. PS - for all you people who say get behind the lads (which I agree with) and they will perform - what happened last night then? Perhaps you have just learned that football is not that simple. What has happened is that we attracted 16,000 City fans, all of whom would be bloody useful on our run in but have put in a performance that is going to keep around 5-6,000 away for many weeks to come. Oh well!

As far as I am concerned, if we had scraped a 1-0 it would have been same old same old. But we couldn't manage it on this occasion and the decision to take Noble off instead of Lee Johnson, unless it was due to injury/lack of fitness, was incompetence of the highest order. Some on here mock the Gas style of football but ask yourself the question "Which team was knocking it longer last night?". It was us, not them. Rovers got and deserved all of the credit last night as they did the job expected of them. Whether they have the quality to finish us off at The Mem is another matter.

Spot on

I am no fan of Johnson Jr or Phillis Jevon's. I would like to see a game without them , it can't get any worse thats for sure.

• Admin

I thought we didn't play enough football...... the midfield was ineffective and the long ball game is something they see plenty of in the basement, the few times we got the ball down and played around them, rather than trying to go over them, the difference in class (albeit only fleeting glimpses) showed.

Before we get too dispondent, lets remember the league is the only important aim and our cup tied players would have given more options out wide last night.

still learning! but why does it take him so long to see what other people can see, Jevons isn't up to it, far to light weight, Noble and Keogh should be in the team every week, and that we've needed another striker for months now, I give him till chtistmas and one way or another he will be gone, either because promotion no nearer or he gets fed up because he feels people arn't backing him enough.

Do you think Fergusons` tactics arn`t questioned by supporters at times ?

Any manager working up the leagues is still learning.

Ok he`s got it wrong a couple of times......but for the past 6 weeks with injuries/suspensions cup matches with players cup tied he hasn`t been able to put out a settled side. I`m not sure what Citys` best starting line up would be. Last season GJ wanted his own squad, well he`s pretty much got it now and with a bit of luck on the injuries we might get that settled side and the good run in we need.

PDG

I think he could have started with Skuse in the middle and had Noble in the hole with Murray on the right, but then that only left Artus on the bench. and, as reported before the match we were struggling with injuries on the day.

It's certainly not time to panic IMO. We were missing key players last night and for most of us (hopefully) the bread and butter is the league. Last night was always going to be a battle and the SAGS got what they came for. Next week there needs to be a winner and City WILL win.

This season has been schizophrenic!!! Massive highs, winning @ Forest in the JPT, Coventry in the FA Cup, Oldham in the league, and some choice home games vs Crewe and Chesterfield, as well as Cov & Boro in the cup. But oh boy Blackpool home, Cheltenham home Yeovil away and the derby weds night were abysmal.

But we are 90 mins from the JPT final, and if we win our game in hand we are 2nd in the league.

Bit like Lee Johnson, either very good, or simply pants.

The answer eludes most of us including probably GJ, but if we reach the pinnacle and get promoted, we will need to radically review all these peaks and troughs so that we don't endure the 0-6, 0-5,1-5 etc scorelines we experienced last time we played at that level.

Consistency seems to be what we need, but injuries and suspensions have caused chaos.

Here's hoping for some average 1-0 wins, 10 in a row would do me!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he could have started with Skuse in the middle and had Noble in the hole with Murray on the right, but then that only left Artus on the bench. and, as reported before the match we were struggling with injuries on the day.

It's certainly not time to panic IMO. We were missing key players last night and for most of us (hopefully) the bread and butter is the league. Last night was always going to be a battle and the SAGS got what they came for. Next week there needs to be a winner and City WILL win.

Lets talk about a crowded midfield. Noble has many supporters wanting him to start, LJ for his ability to create, Skuse with his box to box closing town, Russell with his all round experience, and then we have an enigma called Artus.

Artus called our best ever Academy product, something special, very close to selection, quote GJ last November, then on the forum we have parents of other Academy players saying that Artus is regularly the best midfielder on display during first team training, not Academy, but first team training. If he's the best, why has he been limited to 3 appearances on the bench without playing.

If Artus actually plays and shows the fans that he is the best, then it will become harder for the other midfielders to warrent their selection. I believe Russell will be out at the end of the season, I believe that LJ's best games have been in front of the TV cameras and he is fishing for an offer from a higher club. Next season could see us with Noble , Artus and Skuse as our three main stay midfielders...........GOOD.

Spot on.

I am no fan of Johnson Jr or Phillis Jevon's. I would like to see a game without them , it can't get any worse thats for sure.

5th with a game in hand, good cup performances until Wednesday night (and it's not finished yet) it can get a lot worse than that, ask some of the teams in the bottom 6. Of course we could try dropping the player the highest number of assists in the squad and 3rd highest in the league....

Johnson got the tactics wrong on Wednesday I agree, but he hasn't got it wrong many times this season even if I didn't think he was right at the time. It was one game in a secondary competition and would not be getting the reception it has if it were against any other opposition.

Archived