IGNORED

Formation & Tactics

billybob

Quite bizarre. Three centre backs at home and Murray in the middle of midfield, where he is completely lost. GJ not prepared to discuss this.

Noble off, Johnson stays on. LJ is a very good player but when he is off his game he is dreadful. And he was awful last night.

Still, Phillips played well, eh Gary?

If we set out to play three centre backs, then we set out to play 3-4-3-Quite simply, the players didn't understand it, it soon turned into 4-3-1-2 and we were dire.We had no width on the right for most of the night and Bradley Orr had to play right back and right wing, especially when Murray left the field but even before that, mostly.

It took me about five minutes to suss out what we were trying to do and I hated it from the first minute to the last.

Having played 3-5-2......plus a few other formations at Blackpool, why didn't we start with the one in which we looked best.We had the players available to play that or a 4-4-2.

We needed to attack and Johnson set the team up badly-No argument.That some of the players were poor is also undeniable and our last few home League performances have now fallen to an unacceptable level.

Some players then played badly in a formation that didn't suit them and they clearly didn't understand.

With the players available GJ could have gone 4-4-2

..................BASSO.................

ORR............CAREY..........KEOGH...........FONTAINE.........

MURRAY......SKUSE..........NOBLE.................MYRIE-WILLIAMS......

.....BROOKER......ANDREWS.................

SUBS

WEALE

JEVONS

JOHNSON

WOODMAN

PARTRIDGE or ARTUS

In a 3-5-2 which looked excellent until Russell went off Saturday

......BASSO..............

.......KEOGH..CAREY............FONTAINE..............

MURRAY.......JOHNSON............SKUSE............NOBLE......WOODMAN..........

......BROOKER...............ANDREWS..................

SUBS

WEALE

JEVONS

ORR

PARTRIDGE

ARTUS

I know CW's not the greatest LWB and Murrays not the best defender in the World, but at least it's balanced, both players have played there before and it sets the team up to attack with some width and defend against the two lumps up front. Neither do we have a gaping hole on the right of midfield.

I'm chalking this one down 100% to GJ & Millen.

Archived