IGNORED

Is it just me being Bitter?

Rob k

Ive been on the Rovers forum and all I'm reading is about how great they are as fans and how much Noise they made and how quiet we were blah blah blah!!

Now somebody tell me if I'm off the mark but they were not loud last night were they, They did sing the odd song but if you read their forum you would have thought they wwre in full voice for the whole game, The problem also is that we wont be able to make the normal atmosphere we do away from home brcause of their sub standard ground!

Guest east_dundry_red
Ive been on the Rovers forum and all I'm reading is about how great they are as fans and how much Noise they made and how quiet we were blah blah blah!!

Now somebody tell me if I'm off the mark but they were not loud last night were they, They did sing the odd song but if you read their forum you would have thought they wwre in full voice for the whole game, The problem also is that we wont be able to make the normal atmosphere we do away from home brcause of their sub standard ground!

I sat in g block of the dolman last night and could hardly hear a peep out of them apart from the odd song to be honest.

Same here I was expecting alot more from them! Didn't even hear Irene, did I miss it??

To be honest I think a lot of them looked rather intimidated to open thier mouths last night :whistle: I heard the irene song a couple of times, which was met by a chorus of "irene **** off irene", thats about it.

Didn't take advantage of the east end

I wrote on their forum that I was pretty impressed with the noise they made. Granted Irene was about the peak of what they did but from Dolman N it seemed they shaded it in the 'vocal stakes'.

Culture in football has changed and the emphasis seems to be more on the away fans making all the noise, which is a shame. No doubt we'll go to Rovers and totally outsing them as is normally the case when we go away.

'Irene, **** off Irene,

Irene **** off,

**** off Irene,

**** off Irene,

The gas are going down.

for what its worth very little noise over thew whole game by anyone. bits here n there, couldnt even hear their ghastley dirge Eyreem or what ever its called.

for a first competitive derby in years, very disappointing

You want to get out more Bucks and in the East End; now me being in there heard nothing but the sags and zero to zilch from the rest of you Dullman,Atyeo,Williams; although a few dozen City in the E.E did drown them out when they had the urge to :yes:

The acoustics of the East End - presumably because of the low roof - mean that the noise gets bounced around inside the stand without actually coming out into the rest of the world. As a consequence, those inside think they are the loudest group of supporters ever to set foot inside a stadium, while those outside hear barely a peep. I think it's quite sweet that they are convinced they were loud. Frankly I don't think any of the fans had much to sing about last night. But if they think they were loud then good luck to them!

The acoustics of the East End - presumably because of the low roof - mean that the noise gets bounced around inside the stand without actually coming out into the rest of the world. As a consequence, those inside think they are the loudest group of supporters ever to set foot inside a stadium, while those outside hear barely a peep. I think it's quite sweet that they are convinced they were loud. Frankly I don't think any of the fans had much to sing about last night. But if they think they were loud then good luck to them!

And visa versa I heard not a lot from there just saw a few clapping hands in Williams :dunno:

absolutely spot on! you can only hear the east end if you are low enough and close enough.All this rubbish spouted about the east end gets on my wick .The roof curves down at the front and the sound just reverberates around inside,it's always been like that, people in the 70s used to complain about the lack of noise from the east end,if you were at the open end it sounded quiet.The best acoustics are from a roof raising at an angle with no front edge,but filled with people singing and chanting and not thinking theyr'e at the theatre or being told to sit down and behave.

You want to get out more Bucks and in the East End; now me being in there heard nothing but the sags and zero to zilch from the rest of you Dullman,Atyeo,Williams; although a few dozen City in the E.E did drown them out when they had the urge to :yes:

If I come down on me jack, I'd be in the EE, sadly I have Mrs Bucks, who aint that impressed wi it. jokin aside, there really wasnt a lot of noise from ANYONE. Very disappointing. thought the EE, and Eyreem would kick the noise through the roof on Radio Bristol, but nope, despite the sags site saying otherwise, like they say Indian noise............'patche noise was the order of the day.

There are too many scattered everywhere in the Gate to make a proper EE roar these days. Sadly. Fair Play to those (EE, williams Block G and Dullmoan )

absolutely spot on! you can only hear the east end if you are low enough and close enough.All this rubbish spouted about the east end gets on my wick .The roof curves down at the front and the sound just reverberates around inside,it's always been like that, people in the 70s used to complain about the lack of noise from the east end,if you were at the open end it sounded quiet.The best acoustics are from a roof raising at an angle with no front edge,but filled with people singing and chanting and not thinking theyr'e at the theatre or being told to sit down and behave.

I thought I was on my own in thinking that way. Being at the opposite end I didn't hear much at all from EE. I thought our boys looked stuffed in a corner and should have been given more room - segregation was a bit OTT.

They were nothing worth writing home about, but as usual they think they were, poor show.

hang on a minute,that was out of order..i cant believe you lot..theres about 95% in denial about us in the east end..you must be deaf!!! like ive said before in another thread my familys split and they heard us good and proper..and on the radio as well..oh well looks like youre never going to get real does it,shame really because i got some crackin good mates who support you lot and they tell it as it really is..and like the vast majority don't use the internet..you think you speak for the majority all the time well you don't ..just get out more yea..most important is get real...shame really i gotta even post this but you need to wake up,youre all looking at things through red tinted glasses,respect to a few that have tried to tell you how it was,but you just all ignore them.

goodnight chaps....and most of all goodnight irene.

For about the 12th billionth time I've made this point over the various forums the acoustical qualities of AG are dire due to the stands being disjointed and at different heights amongst other factors sound does not travel, that's to say one can hear the noise made by those around them but not much beyond that. Myself and a Gascum 'mate' had this same discussion sfter the game in 1995.

I could see G block Dolman, A/B block Dolman and H + E block Atyeo at times getting involved, I couldn't hear jackshit though. Rovers fans to Rovers fans were making an ok effort, again I could see it but only at infreaquent times hear it.

I was in a noise hotspot and overall I thought the atmosphere generated by City fans was mediocre to poor, as is the general consensus. Lot's of part timers combined with the true meaning of Football having gone to the shitter is my explanation along with some not being up for it due to it being a pisspot game. (I can't comprehend that myself)

If anyone within the Club's directatoral hierachy has any conscience about the acoustical problems, had the money and got over the logistical and beaurocratice difficulties then the New East End will have two tiers, unreserved seating in the lower one (would much rather terracing!), attach it to the Dolman and Williams and fill in the corners of The Dolman and The Williams with The Atyeo.

As it is, the current atmospheric dissilusonment felt by many a long standing BCFC devotee are the last of the current regime's and Football's authoreties' prioreties.

Merchandise, hospitality offers and any other cash making schemes are the only language the current model of a 'Football Club' communicate in.

Archived