IGNORED

Play the kids

stortfordred

Having seen how well our youngsters did against Arsenal in the Youth Cup and how well Arsenal's kids did against Chelsea yesterday, I believe we should field a team of youngsters against the gas on Wednesday.

Several plus points:

gives the first team a rest thus helping the promotion push

bloods some more youngsters

probably means more to local lads

fools Trollope

we'd win

Can't think of any negatives except we moght lose and that could happen anyway. Losing with the young uns would not dent the first team's confidence (which could happen if we field a full strength side and they under-perform thro tiredness).

Having seen how well our youngsters did against Arsenal in the Youth Cup and how well Arsenal's kids did against Chelsea yesterday, I believe we should field a team of youngsters against the gas on Wednesday.

Several plus points:

gives the first team a rest thus helping the promotion push

bloods some more youngsters

probably means more to local lads

fools Trollope

we'd win

Can't think of any negatives except we moght lose and that could happen anyway. Losing with the young uns would not dent the first team's confidence (which could happen if we field a full strength side and they under-perform thro tiredness).

personally wouldn't at all be against playing a younger team against Rovers, alot of players have played alot of football recently and need a rest, would be a good time to play the likes of Artus, Wilson, Plummer and also let the fringe players get some 1st team football.

although we are playing tomorrow I'm much more concerned about getting through the game mainly without injuries or suspensions, the result takes 2nd place, 3 points on saturday is more important than beating Rovers tomorrow.

personally wouldn't at all be against playing a younger team against Rovers, alot of players have played alot of football recently and need a rest, would be a good time to play the likes of Artus, Wilson, Plummer and also let the fringe players get some 1st team football.

although we are playing tomorrow I'm much more concerned about getting through the game mainly without injuries or suspensions, the result takes 2nd place, 3 points on saturday is more important than beating Rovers tomorrow.

I'm looking past the Gas and seeing £500,000 if we get to that final.... Nothing more, nothing less.

So l would expect us to put out our strongest squad and not look for excuses if we lose, cus thats what your doing.

If we lose, l for one shall congratulate them...........

I have to say I do wish we'd played the youngsters from the start of the competition. I think it makes a lot of sense in terms of blooding the young lads who our future may depend upon. The problem now is that you could argue fans have bought tickets expecting to see the 'big guns' and might be disappointed if we played a young XI and ended up losing. Personally, though, I'd have absolutely no problem with it.

It's against competition rules, this season you have to play a certain number of "regulars" in each cup game in order to force clubs to take the competition seriously. I'm not sure what the exact number is (at least 6) or what constitutes "regular", but we certainly wouldn't get away with bringing in a load of kids.

It's against competition rules, this season you have to play a certain number of "regulars" in each cup game in order to force clubs to take the competition seriously. I'm not sure what the exact number is (at least 6) or what constitutes "regular", but we certainly wouldn't get away with bringing in a load of kids.

Now you mention it, I do remember something about this from the earlier rounds.

However, as this is the lower version of the Carling Cup, it seems odd that there are two different ways of organising similar competitions.

As far as I'm concerned, the best thing would be to win a competition that we are then unable to defend. However if it came to choosing between winning promotion and paying a fine because we'd played a weakened team, then I'd definitely think it was worthwhile.

I'm looking past the Gas and seeing £500,000 if we get to that final.... Nothing more, nothing less.

So l would expect us to put out our strongest squad and not look for excuses if we lose, cus thats what your doing.

If we lose, l for one shall congratulate them...........

I don't see us losing at all, I just don't want too lose key players to injury in a bloody cup game, all that matters to me is the league, if it had been down to me we would have lost at home to Cov by the odd game and not have the fixture pile up we've had in recent weeks.

500k or not, promotion is worth a hell of a lot more, championship football is all that matters to me and I don't want any other cup competition taking our attention away from that, unfortunatly it already has in a few games and a Cardiff final will cause yet more distraction.

recent results against Huddersfield and Cheltenham have been disapointing but in some part no doubt not helped by the mental and physical demands from endless cup games and replays

I totally agree play the likes of Plummer,Klien Davies,Artus,Jennison Williams etc tair Rovers apart,and if we loose then we have a full fit squad for promotion with a busy month a head,financially this club has to get promotion with bigger crowds one million feom pay outs rhats the place City need to be

Archived