IGNORED

The Big Derby

Collis

City wins: 34Rovers wins: 24Draws: 30

Tomorrow nights game is massive for us. Anyone who doesn't care about the game is hard for me to believe, the consequences of losing are unthinkable but the potential rewards are huge;

Dayout in Cardiff, wooooo!The chance of a trophy.Bragging rights.

By all means it is not going to be easy for us tomorrow night. But I do think that we have the upper hand. Our away support is fantastic, our current away form is exceptional. (Wins at Blackpool and Brighton were unthinkable this time last season)

I think Rovers will find it hard to break us down. Their best chance is IMO to use pace and keep the ball on the deck rather then long balls. I can't see them getting much luck from set pieces, as an in form JMC will clear 95% of crosses.

I'm thinking as they are at home they will try to put more men forward and maintain possession. This will mean our best chances will probably come from counter attacks. If our players perform like we all know they can, our quality should be enough to break them down.

Believe me, their players are going to be up for this one. Can GJ motivate our players? We know he can, all we need to do is believe and get behind the team.

Collis.

Tomorrow nights game is massive for us. Anyone who doesn't care about the game is hard for me to believe, the consequences of losing are unthinkable but the potential rewards are huge;

The Gas, The Gas - we gotta get rid of the Gas !!!!!!............

imag00515sy.jpg

By all means it is not going to be easy for us tomorrow night. But I do think that we have the upper hand. Our away support is fantastic, our current away form is exceptional. (Wins at Blackpool and Brighton were unthinkable this time last season)

I think Rovers will find it hard to break us down. Their best chance is IMO to use pace and keep the ball on the deck rather then long balls. I can't see them getting much luck from set pieces, as an in form JMC will clear 95% of crosses.

I'm thinking as they are at home they will try to put more men forward and maintain possession. This will mean our best chances will probably come from counter attacks. If our players perform like we all know they can, our quality should be enough to break them down.

Believe me, their players are going to be up for this one. Can GJ motivate our players? We know he can, all we need to do is believe and get behind the team.

Collis.

Great post Collis, I agree with all your points on this post, but for me its the Bragging rights that I want, honestly don't worry about the Final......... (as long as we get there and they don't).

Come on you REDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post Collis, I agree with all your points on this post, but for me its the Bragging rights that I want, honestly don't worry about the Final......... (as long as we get there and they don't).

Come on you REDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like we beat a second rate bottom league side, yeah great; now, we won this league by a point unbeaten till the end of the season from now; thats bragging rights.

I`d swop 2 trips to Cardiff for second spot in this league right now. Its whats important the rest is just gravy.

Yeah but you Can't swop2 trips for Cardiff for auto promotion, so lets hope we beat them soundly tomorrow night, it makes no difference winning or losing tomorrow night, to what happens in May.

Come on you REDS....

Yeah but you Can't swop2 trips for Cardiff for auto promotion, so lets hope we beat them soundly tomorrow night, it makes no difference winning or losing tomorrow night, to what happens in May.

Come on you REDS....

Of course we hope we trash them tomorrow but, lets not set ourselves up for to much of a fall;a determination not to give up has seen us through many times this season; but the better team doesn`t always win. :pray:

Of course we hope we trash them tomorrow but, lets not set ourselves up for to much of a fall;a determination not to give up has seen us through many times this season; but the better team doesn`t always win. :pray:

But by saying what I said GB, I haven't set myself up for a fall, I said I HOPED we would beat them soundly, Just like they will say the same.

I have supported the City for over 40 years, and I was brought up and live on the blue side of town, so 90% of my mates are sags, and I took enough stick off of them this weekend alone because they managed a 0-0 draw, and have had that all my life, so Yes I really want to beat them soundly tomorrow just for bragging rights alone, just as they will.

But by saying what I said GB, I haven't set myself up for a fall, I said I HOPED we would beat them soundly, Just like they will say the same.

I have supported the City for over 40 years, and I was brought up and live on the blue side of town, so 90% of my mates are sags, and I took enough stick off of them this weekend alone because they managed a 0-0 draw, and have had that all my life, so Yes I really want to beat them soundly tomorrow just for bragging rights alone, just as they will.

don't we just know it eh? I will never live this down if we were ever to lose which of course we wont. :pray:

Collis.

I beg to differ," current away form exceptional, wins at Blackpool and Brighton unthinkable this time last season".

This time last season was our big comeback period. Dec 17th - March 10th. Away form as follows.

P9 W3 D4 L2 F11 A7 PTS 13.

The two teams we lost to were Col'U's and Barnsley, both promoted. During that period we beat S****horpe and Port Vale

away. In the run home we won 3 and lost 2, one of those was to Southend who were promoted.

Our current away form is indeed better than pre Christmas, better but not exceptional, and no better than our great revival form this time last year. We were also playing better football this time last year, as mentioned by many others.

Of course both teams will be up for it, they are paid to be up for it. I do agree that in this type of game, tactics, selections and formation will be hugely importent in the end result.

Archived