IGNORED

Pre-Match Pint

Dolman_Stand

I'm sure most of you are aware or wouldve guessed, but for those of you who havent. ALL pubs in the horfield area, gloucester road ect are going to be shut from early afternoon onwards.

I wonder why ALL the pubs are closing when at AG for the first tie all the pubs were open as usual (with added security) and with large crowds outside The Rising Sun, Robins, etc for example..and with - as far as I know - no problems, due mostly I suppose to the complete over saturation of the Bedminster/Ashton area with fully dressed up "Robocops".

Is it the Police insisting they close ? or just the local landlords bottling it, after reading the Evil Post?

Can't help thinking some people are getting a bit carried away here....After all the "Firms" will drink well away

from the area near the ground (too many "ob" - to use theirspeak ! ) ............so it's only the "normal" fans that are inconvenienced.

I'd like to park up early and have a pint first and I've absolutely no desire to hit anyone or smash anything up!

It's very annoying

CodeRed

I wonder why ALL the pubs are closing when at AG for the first tie all the pubs were open as usual (with added security) and with large crowds outside The Rising Sun, Robins, etc for example..and with - as far as I know - no problems, due mostly I suppose to the complete over saturation of the Bedminster/Ashton area with fully dressed up "Robocops".

Is it the Police insisting they close ? or just the local landlords bottling it, after reading the Evil Post?

Can't help thinking some people are getting a bit carried away here....After all the "Firms" will drink well away

from the area near the ground (too many "ob" - to use theirspeak ! ) ............so it's only the "normal" fans that are inconvenienced.

I'd like to park up early and have a pint first and I've absolutely no desire to hit anyone or smash anything up!

It's very annoying

CodeRed

i agree 100% with you CR. It does seem a little over the top but its on the insistance of the police - they have TOLD the pubs they are not to open. Rovers have their fair share of idiots as well as us and i think its just a guarenteed flashpoint if the gas know city fans are drinking in a pub near the ground. IMO i think the police just want the game over and done with and will do everything in their power to stop any whiff of trouble. I wouldnt be suprised if the robocops are a little over the top tonight!

Archived