IGNORED

Every cloud...

Cyderman

I genuinely didn't want the distraction of this fixture or this tournament and posted that view here a month ago, so I'm just as keen to look to other objectives. However the two away fixtures which stood between us and the most straightforward rewards were winning tonight at the Gas and winning away at S****horpe.

We lost both 1-0 and didn't look like we had an idea in either befitting of our ambition. So whilst I'm happy to look to good results elsewhere tonight, S****horpe won again so ultimately as a club, in tactics and strength of mind, we've failed to overhaul either S****horpe or Rovers. We should be better than that by now.

In other words, lets not just bury our heads in our league challlenge. What happened in this tie is symptomatic of the same reasons why a club like S****horpe, with no disrespect to them, are 11 points ahead of us. We simply don't do our resources, our on-the-day quality, our support, and our stated objectives justice.

I don't think fitness is any longer a problem for us (though the discovery of pitch covers at the Memorial Ground after Saturday was convenient) I'm not sure whether it's an issue of confidence and concentration in the players, or tactics and consistency from the manager. So Oldham lost. Who cares? WE should be better than this.

Simple...don't buy it.....

To be honest the cup competitions have been like a monkey on our backs for weeks and stretched the squad to breaking point.

What we sorely missed over the two legs was a true wideman to stretch the Rovers full-backs, with the only option being Scott Murray whose attributes were completely nullified last week, due to positional tinkering and his subsequent injury.

With Betsy and Wilson back this weekend City can face the remaining fixtures with confidence. We've demonstrated our resilience and boucebackability in recent weeks.

Onwards and upwards to promotion - and it''ll be automatic.

To be honest the cup competitions have been like a monkey on our backs for weeks and stretched the squad to breaking point.

What we sorely missed over the two legs was a true wideman to stretch the Rovers full-backs, with the only option being Scott Murray whose attributes were completely nullified last week, due to positional tinkering and his subsequent injury.

With Betsy and Wilson back this weekend City can face the remaining fixtures with confidence. We've demonstrated our resilience and boucebackability in recent weeks.

Onwards and upwards to promotion - and it''ll be automatic.

I hear the hammering of nails of heads. Lack of a decent wideman finished us. We will bounce back.

Absolutely BB, S****horpe deserve their lead, we all wrote them off when first Brian Laws and then Andy Keogh left, but they deserve their success.We however have every chance to secure the other promotion place, and no amount of hype/spin or rhetoric will do.

Over 2 legs, the players and management have let the supporters down, it simply cannot feel the same to them as it does to us, no matter what GJ might suggest.

Wins over Northampton and Brentford however might start to erase these raw memories.

No more distractions, lets get the hell out of this division.

IF we can forget last night and do the business in the league we stand a GENINUE chance of automatic promotion, with players like Wilson and Betsy coming back we can't afford to suffer any hangover. Get the next 2 weeks of games out the way, 3 at home and it should show if we do have the bottle for to go for 2nd place.....and more importantly keep it!

Archived