IGNORED

This may not be the end but it could be the beginning

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

City fans have long memories and I think last nights results could come back to haunt Johnson if we don't go up this season. I don't think fans have taken him to their hearts yet in truth I can't make my mind up weather he is a good manager or a flash in the pan Lucky type guy.

I see the teams he puts out they are workmen like but in truth not pretty to watch. If any one remembers John Wards side that got us promoted last time it was fast exciting attacking football that got you on the edge of your seats.

Johnson sides lack flair, to be fair to him he is still building a side at the moment but has brought in most of the current squad and I still don't know if he can manage a older more experience pro.

I would like to think we have the right man in charge but them I thought we did with Wilson. We must give him time but Lansdowne must be more aware of the situation this time and pull the pug if it needs to be pulled.

I think we may need one more change of manager before we reach the promised land

City fans have long memories and I think last nights results could come back to haunt Johnson if we don't go up this season. I don't think fans have taken him to their hearts yet in truth I can't make my mind up weather he is a good manager or a flash in the pan Lucky type guy.

I see the teams he puts out they are workmen like but in truth not pretty to watch. If any one remembers John Wards side that got us promoted last time it was fast exciting attacking football that got you on the edge of your seats.

Johnson sides lack flair, to be fair to him he is still building a side at the moment but has brought in most of the current squad and I still don't know if he can manage a older more experience pro.

I would like to think we have the right man in charge but them I thought we did with Wilson. We must give him time but Lansdowne must be more aware of the situation this time and pull the pug if it needs to be pulled.

I think we may need one more change of manager before we reach the promised land

he seems to have a squad of 17 or so good players but doesnt know his best team/formation

Yet another City fan hits the panic button

Don't forget to get rid of the Academy at the same time Ashtonyate!!! :shifty:

Guest ashtonyate
Don't forget to get rid of the Academy at the same time Ashtonyate!!! :shifty:

No keep it going I enjoy watching its player I seen Lita last night and Rosenior sunday I noticed that Cottrell was not playing for Wigan and of course we still got Skuse in the city team, the academy is a great help to our first team, shame about the new loan player never scored in English football and straight into the first team????

Nothing worng with the academy but if the talenst there, promote them instead of buying shit from lower league clubs.

I agree with Ashtonyate i think this the start of the end for Johnson, as i don't think we will get promoted and have removed my i believe signature. I enjoyed watching teams of Wilson and Ward, i have not really enjoyed a game all year becuase of our i'm never wrong manager.

I hope he gets the boot in the summer and takes his son and his yeovil faithful with him. We need an attacking approach again, either that or we could promote our physio.

No keep it going I enjoy watching its player I seen Lita last night and Rosenior sunday I noticed that Cottrell was not playing for Wigan and of course we still got Skuse in the city team, the academy is a great help to our first team, shame about the new loan player never scored in English football and straight into the first team????

Awhh but he is a proven injury hazzard who has failed at every level and was Free, what do you expect, it's taken him a year to spot the talents of David Noble and that was only through injuries. Just sit back and enjoy they will tell us, but how can you enjoy shite, I'm looking forward to the Yeovil and Forest games, may see some proper football. Including that overated rated attacking midfielder/striker who is a brilliant target man and is getting 8+ ratings weekly at Yeovil, what was him name again?

You've said it yourself: "We must give him time".

Given that he's not actually had this much, this really does smack of pushing the panic button. We've beaten Coventry, matched Boro and had some good wins. We have played decent football this season - unfortunately much of it away from home.

But if you are suggesting he's not doing a decent job at the moment, just because we lost to the Gas in a tinpot cup, there really is only one response:

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match...,,10327,00.html

Nothing worng with the academy but if the talenst there, promote them instead of buying shit from lower league clubs.

I agree with Ashtonyate i think this the start of the end for Johnson, as i don't think we will get promoted and have removed my i believe signature. I enjoyed watching teams of Wilson and Ward, i have not really enjoyed a game all year becuase of our i'm never wrong manager.

I hope he gets the boot in the summer and takes his son and his yeovil faithful with him. We need an attacking approach again, either that or we could promote our physio.

You just sum up what is wrong with BCFC.....a small minority of fans ( ! ) like yourself who come out with cr*p like you have.

If you like watching Ward/ Wilson teams then go and support them, If we win our games iin hand we will be 2nd in the league. I can only assume that this is a wind up if not then thank you for your oppinion mr. Stewart.

:disapointed2se:

No an idiot is someone gives away talented players because of your personal ego.

If any city fan thinks we have played good football this season well you certainly don't say it on saturdays.

The reason we are 4th is becuase its a shit league and the only consistnet team are running away with the league. When you see teams of Yeovil's and Blackpools status clipping heels it shows what a poor league it is and thats why we're doing okay.

If you think Johnson is an attractive manager then Jesus the club needs help. its the same excuses and shit every week at home, fact is the team is weak. There is a huge jump in class to teh Championship and I think if by any chance we go up that unless we heavily invest we will be trounced with our current line up.

No an idiot is someone gives away talented players because of your personal ego.

If any city fan thinks we have played good football this season well you certainly don't say it on saturdays.

The reason we are 4th is becuase its a shit league and the only consistnet team are running away with the league. When you see teams of Yeovil's and Blackpools status clipping heels it shows what a poor league it is and thats why we're doing okay.

If you think Johnson is an attractive manager then Jesus the club needs help. its the same excuses and shit every week at home, fact is the team is weak. There is a huge jump in class to teh Championship and I think if by any chance we go up that unless we heavily invest we will be trounced with our current line up.

I was going to type a fuller response but you're not worth the bother, but thanks for confirming my original diagnosis.

4th win 2 games in hand over most in the league.

IF we win both of those we are in 2nd place and points clear of 3rd, we are pretty much already sure of a play-off place

For Johnson's 1st full season in charge he's done a bloomin good job SO FAR.

and people reckon it could be the start of the end, THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!

Upwards and Onwards

just as a matter of interest, if you think that we will be trounced if we go up with our current line up, how do you explain our performances against Coventry and Boro?

just as a matter of interest, if you think that we will be trounced if we go up with our current line up, how do you explain our performances against Coventry and Boro?

Tompo I admire your attempt at a reasoned discussion. However, given the ridiculous nature of the original posting, do you not feel perhaps that in this case you are being a tad optimistic in expecting one? :dunno:

As pointed out above, perhaps we will be the first team in history to get automatic promotion and have some 'fans' calling for the head of the manager in spite of this. It really does say more about the nature of some of our fans than it does about the quality of the manager. He's turned the club around, we've had great cup runds, we've surely all but secured a play-off place and will go points clear in second if we win our games in hand. Yet people are moaning. The mind really does boggle sometimes.

Tompo I admire your attempt at a reasoned discussion. However, given the ridiculous nature of the original posting, do you not feel perhaps that in this case you are being a tad optimistic in expecting one? :dunno:

As pointed out above, perhaps we will be the first team in history to get automatic promotion and have some 'fans' calling for the head of the manager in spite of this. It really does say more about the nature of some of our fans than it does about the quality of the manager. He's turned the club around, we've had great cup runds, we've surely all but secured a play-off place and will go points clear in second if we win our games in hand. Yet people are moaning. The mind really does boggle sometimes.

Personally, and I accept that I may be in a minority, I think we will probably do OK (and even look a better side than we do now) in the Championship .

For a start most pitches will be that much better than the majority we play on now and players will have more time and space when on the ball.

Both Coventry and Boro games were played on very good playing surfaces. That suited our playing style and no can deny that we did not play well in those games, or even look like a good side.

I'm by no means pressing the panic button, there is no doubt we were the better team over 2 legs and the sags scored with their only shot on target which makes it worse. But my main gripe is our tactics for the games, especially the Ashton Gate game.

We have ripped much better teams the the rovers apart this season playing with 2 wingers so what was with the 3-4-1-2 ? Ok we were short of left sided players but Murray was fit and in form and we could have played him left with Andrews right if we didn't fancy JMW or Woody there. When we did change it late on it was after we lost Murray and it was too late. I left AG that feeling a bit cheated that we didn't give ourselves our best chance of winning. Maybe he was trying to surprise Trolope but hey, I know how Man Utd, Chelsea are going to play, but that dosn't mean i know how to stop them.

And last night we changed again, changed from 442, changed from the formation that saw a great away result/performance at Brighton. And why ? In my opinion to give Lee a place in the side. Maybe that was the reason for the strange formation in the 1st leg. Now i'm not a big Lee Johnson critic, as i've said before when you look at our goals this season 9 out of 10 LJ is involved in it somewhere. But at the moment thats not happening, he's not been great defensivly and in short (thats not a dig at him either :whistle2: ) there is someone who plays in his position playing better than him !

With all that happened at the Huddersfield game it cemented his place in the side cos Johnson senior as we know is a stubborn old so and so, and quite rightly was not going to let the boo boys pick the side (theres a lesson for anyone who thinks that booing players is going to get them out the side, in fact it will have the opposite effect). But after resting him for the Brighton game he had the chance to leave him out with no come backs or with out upseting anyone. "sorry Lee, I can't change a winning side" Obviously the wide players had to but you catch my drift.

Instead we play a lop sided formation which to my recolation we only have played something simular at home to Blackpool, now how did that game go ? :no:

In a way I feel sorry for Lee, everyone has their form go up and down but people will look to him as the reason things go wrong when its not neccesarly his fault that the team is set up wrong.

I said that if we beat the rovers that i would forgive GJ for everything in the past. But we didn't and in my book the reason we didn't was because of our tactics and that we changed them to fit one player in, and that buck has to stop with the manager. He also didn't help with some of his comments he made, the whole bring on the rovers as well as his childish pop at Phillips.

Now were out of the cups we have to choose a midfield from, Murray, Betsy, Johnson, Noble, Russell, Skuse, Keogh, Arturs, Wilson, McCallister, Myrie-Williams and maybe even Showumni and Smith. 13 into 4/5 does not go so we have pick the best in form players for each game and that might mean upsetting people and thats fine as long as the rules are the same for everyone.

Most teams would kill to have a selection headache like that. In my opinion 442 with one more defensivly minded midfielder and one creative player, and who that is is up for debate. At the end of the day this problem has cost us a final at the Mill Stad, 500k and our chance of putting the gas in their place. Please Gary, don't let it cost us promotion !

Come on you reds ! :city:

Coventry are a 3rd rate Championship team and theres a huge duifference in playinga team in a cup than in a league. The boro game showed one thing they battled hardened but because it was boro, they cant do it every week. Also had viduka started i personally feel we would have lost. But credit to them on the cup run was impressive and very good performances but it seems the players that turned up those nights when the national papers could put them in a shop window for good money don't turn up every week.

Coventry are a 3rd rate Championship team and theres a huge duifference in playinga team in a cup than in a league. The boro game showed one thing they battled hardened but because it was boro, they cant do it every week. Also had viduka started i personally feel we would have lost. But credit to them on the cup run was impressive and very good performances but it seems the players that turned up those nights when the national papers could put them in a shop window for good money don't turn up every week.

I can only assume you are posting as a joke, so I think I'll just use my ignore button.

Archived