IGNORED

The Run In

Bristol Boy

It could be less, but I reckon 84 points will do it.

We've got 59 and most of our rivals have played two more home games, although, on current form two home games are worth only two points.

That's 25 points from 39 on offer or 64% of those we have to play for our current record sits at 60% so we need to increase our performance level just a tad

So, looking at the fixtures we've got

HOME

Northampton..1...Not great current form but neithers ours and can we bounce back?

Bradford........3...We'll win this with no Windass

Brentford.......1...Never seem to beat these at AG, all that often.

Forest............1..Six pointer now on a Saturday-Sell out crowd and City usually disappoint.A point could be a better result for us than them.

Swansea........3..Another sell out and we're due a performance.

Yeovil............3..Beat them last season, but this'll be another six pointer and are we mentally tough enough? We'll know by 5pm.

Rotherham.....1..Looks like they'll have nothing to play or and will need a massive turnaround in form to still have a chance of staying up by then.Could be dangerous either way and look at Swinetwon last season.

Total 21 we get 13

Clearly the three against Forest, Swansea & Yeovil on the spin at home seem the most difficult, so I'm predicting seven points from nine there, for a start because we never do things the easy way.

AWAY

Chesterfield...1.......When was the last time we won 4 out of 5 away and when was the last time we won here?

Crewe...........3.......Reasonable pitch, a team that will attack, that has a brittle backline and Maynard injured.

Donc.............3.......Nice stadium, nice pitch that we can play football on, big following.

Gill...-----------1......Only ever see us win once here and that was when Steve Neville scored two!

Carl------------1...... Long way, good following and a tough place to go.

Mill..------------3.......Seen us win here a few times and at The Old Den.Massive following ABT.

Total 18 we get 12

There's your 25 points :chant6ez:

Over to you :innocent06:

personally I think we will lose at Carlisle and Chesterfield, but apart from that I don't see us losing any other games,

looking at the run in, I'm VERY confident, but get this horrible feeling we will end up 3rd on goal difference or by ONE point.

if so, play-offs in his first full season is a very good achievement, what happens after that WHO KNOWS

I actually don't think its 'sensible' to suggest that we won't lose a game in our last 13!

A more realistic record to achieve 84 points would be something like Win 7 Draw 4 Lose 2.

Currently, it's in our hands and that's why it's vital that we keep on winning. I share your concern about Saturday and think your prediction of a draw is probably right. However, it would be huge if we could win on Saturday and a couple of our rivals slip up again could really put us in the driving seat.

I actually don't think its 'sensible' to suggest that we won't lose a game in our last 13!

A more realistic record to achieve 84 points would be something like Win 7 Draw 4 Lose 2.

Currently, it's in our hands and that's why it's vital that we keep on winning. I share your concern about Saturday and think your prediction of a draw is probably right. However, it would be huge if we could win on Saturday and a couple of our rivals slip up again could really put us in the driving seat.

I agree with your win 7 draw 4 lose 2 scenarion being more likely and that's what I thought......then I remembered that this is Bristol City we're talking about and went the other way. :coat:

on current form two home games are worth only two points.

Not really. Our last six in the league (cup is never a good indicator) W-3 D-1 L-2.

If we repeat that in the next six games, and again in the six after that, we'd be on 79pts with a game to go.

The point being that our league form is only marginally short of the required run rate.

• Admin

We have to improve on the seasons form so far, 33 played, 59 points - 1.78 per game, if we keep the same level of form, we'll get 82 points. Forest's points using the same calculation would be 81 and Yeovil's 80. Oldham project to 76 points.

Scunthorpe are exactly on target for 92 points, 2 per game.

If Forest or Yeovil have a good run, we're stuffed, unless we can get up to or even improve on the 2 points per game target.

This could easily go to the last day of the season.

At the start of the season I predicted the result of all our league games. :help: Geek, obviously.

I had us finish on 82 points overall but in our remaining games I thought:

Northampton H 3

Chesterfield A 1

Brentford H 0

Bradford H 3

Crewe A 0

Doncaster A 3

Forest H 1

Swansea H 3

Gillingham A 3

Yeovil H 1

Carlisle A 1

Millwall A 3

Rotherham H 3

A record of 7w, 4d, 2d would leave us 84 points, probably enough to go up. So we're currently 2 points better off than I thought we'd be. Now I know, for example, that Brentford are rubbish I'd change a few of the predictions but I think it's realistic for us to get 25 points from our remaining games. :city:

NORTHAMPTON TOWN (H) W 3-1 (We MUST bounce back & should if tactics/players right, & they have Sean Dyche at CD)

Chesterfield (a) D 1-1 (Tough game, hardly ever win there)

BRENTFORD (H) W 2-0 (No Kuffour, they have had their run)

BRADFORD CITY (H) W 3-0 (No Windass)

Crewe Alexandra (a) L 1-2 (Very poor at the back but VERY good up front)

Doncaster Rovers (a) D 2-2 (Hopefully still no Paul Heffernan)

NOTTINGHAM FOREST (H) D 1-1 (Repeat of last season)

SWANSEA CITY (H) W 2-1 (We will have to keep Lee Trundle quite)

Gillingham (a) W 1-0 (Poor side without big Bas Savage)

YEOVIL TOWN (H) W 2-1 (Hopefully a Marcus Stewart own goal in 95th minute, could be a draw though)

Carlisle United (a) L 0-1 (Hawley to score the winner)

Millwall (a) D 2-2 (Last minute equaliser to the delight of the 4,000+ Ashton hords)

ROTHERHAM UNITED (H) W 4-1 (HOPEFULLY a repeat of the Walsall game a few years ago)

P33-PTS59

P13-PTS25

P46-PTS84 (Could be enough BUT I think we may need 1 or 2 more pts for 2nd place)

BCAGFC

Archived