IGNORED

Do the players have an incentive

bristolborn_and_red

I have shamelessly plagiarised this post from Raver as it sums up my sentiments exactly. I hope we are both wrong but I just can't help thinking this way

I always say City play as good as their opponents. Up against 'Boro or Everton, we played up to their level, up against the gas, we play down to their level as well.

What incentive do our players really have if you look at it. If we get promoted, they have a good chance of being replaced by better quality and shipped out, probably back to league one, maybe even league two.

Makes you wonder if they get to the play offs and bottle it on purpose, so they can dangle the carrot in front of the fans saying , 'next season, next season' and still live the comfortable lifestyle in the big club, small pond scenario.

I have shamelessly plagiarised this post from Raver as it sums up my sentiments exactly. I hope we are both wrong but I just can't help thinking this way

I always say City play as good as their opponents. Up against 'Boro or Everton, we played up to their level, up against the gas, we play down to their level as well.

What incentive do our players really have if you look at it. If we get promoted, they have a good chance of being replaced by better quality and shipped out, probably back to league one, maybe even league two.

Makes you wonder if they get to the play offs and bottle it on purpose, so they can dangle the carrot in front of the fans saying , 'next season, next season' and still live the comfortable lifestyle in the big club, small pond scenario.

What a negative and dispiriting post!! The players are pro footballers paid to do the job. If we go up, it's up to them to prove they're worth a place in the team. This isn't a team of 'stars' for gawds sake. There's no way they would collectively lose in a play-off game!!! If by 'bottle' you mean 'courage' then what you're saying is tantamount to professional suicide!

The other point about City playing as good as their opponents doesn't stack-up either, otherwise we'd be smack bang in the middle of this league (think about it). Rovers simply out-thought us and this can happen to any club.

Take an evening off, have a jar and chill.

Archived