IGNORED

No more problems

no_merde

Having read a lot of the posts on here over the past two weeks and seen the team perform away to BHA and at home to Rovers, I reckon there are only a few tweaks that need to be implemented to get consistency:

1) Get some wide players in the team or encourage existing players to actually attempt to beat their man. It's no coincidence that the majority of time that Murray is in the side (the only player who seems confident to take on a skin other players) we have a stormer. By beating your marker, you draw opposition players on to you who in turn create space for your team mates.

2) Play *through* the midfield, rather than over the top of it. We have a very respectable midfiled set up now with the likes of Johnson, Skuse, Keogh etc. who are all solid passers of the ball. On the flip side, Bradley Orr and Louis Carey, although solid defenders, are poor passers. Therefore stop them hoofing the ball up to the target man, and get to him through the midfield.

3) Teach Jevons / Andrews / Smith to play off Brooker / Showumni. Small point, because this is starting to happen, but we need to separate out our attacking force into target men and recievers, and each needs to work with the other for results

4) Shoot! We are in the 1st division, with some very poor keepers. BCFC have a number of great strikers of the ball. Our consistency in the final third (the only area I think we really have serious problems in) is all down to us trying to be too clever or trying to walk the ball over the line. Make a rule that anyone who collects the ball within 5 yards of the penalty box should shoot, with other players actively following up for the spill out.

Implement these four points and we'll get consistent positive results (and I want 2.5% of next season's takings).

sorry, positive posts are discouraged on this forum.

Yep, way to constructive for my liking.

I think in the Rovers game we were guilty of doing an 'Arsenal'.

(Just trying to do too much when we should really have tested Phillips.)

Having read a lot of the posts on here over the past two weeks and seen the team perform away to BHA and at home to Rovers, I reckon there are only a few tweaks that need to be implemented to get consistency:

1) Get some wide players in the team or encourage existing players to actually attempt to beat their man. It's no coincidence that the majority of time that Murray is in the side (the only player who seems confident to take on a skin other players) we have a stormer. By beating your marker, you draw opposition players on to you who in turn create space for your team mates.

2) Play *through* the midfield, rather than over the top of it. We have a very respectable midfiled set up now with the likes of Johnson, Skuse, Keogh etc. who are all solid passers of the ball. On the flip side, Bradley Orr and Louis Carey, although solid defenders, are poor passers. Therefore stop them hoofing the ball up to the target man, and get to him through the midfield.

3) Teach Jevons / Andrews / Smith to play off Brooker / Showumni. Small point, because this is starting to happen, but we need to separate out our attacking force into target men and recievers, and each needs to work with the other for results

4) Shoot! We are in the 1st division, with some very poor keepers. BCFC have a number of great strikers of the ball. Our consistency in the final third (the only area I think we really have serious problems in) is all down to us trying to be too clever or trying to walk the ball over the line. Make a rule that anyone who collects the ball within 5 yards of the penalty box should shoot, with other players actively following up for the spill out.

Implement these four points and we'll get consistent positive results (and I want 2.5% of next season's takings).

Spot on.

Next time there is a vacancy get no merde in! :thumbsup:

Anything would be preferable than the continual whining and breastbeating about the Rovers debacle. Send pictures, point fingers, be outraged, so totally and utterly boring. GJ says, we have to move on, I actually agree with the cockney on that point.

The forum has been alive with posts demanding a left winger and a class striker all season, to no avail. We may scrape through with our current squad, mainly because they can smell higher salaries, very close to their grasp. In any event I think we will get a promotion spot in spite of GJ, rather than because of GJ.

I think you may have been spending too much time on Football manager, in the real world of football, tactics are a little more complicated. ;)

You ideas are a touch random and contridictary, but well done for trying.

I think they are good ideas although I also think you may have been spending a little too much time on Football Manager. I don't see where they contradict though.

Having spent 35 years in the profession, I don't need a ###### computer game to tell me how to sort a team.

There are no contradictions. Follow my suggestions and we'll get promoted.

Archived